OT...sorta Insane Dawg another legacy from the Blues

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by tjreese, Sep 8, 2019.

1. tjreese

tjreese Active Member

Money:
    $186
    Had she stayed in Florida it would be a lot cheaper, but she wanted to cheer for the Dawgs where her mother, uncle, grandmother and grandfather went to school. Grandfather as a player behind her and grandmother as a cheerleader back then as well...

Attached Files:

BUcheer, kmacker69, NCJon and 3 others like this.
  2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,689
    Must be Mike’s. Great story. Thanks for sharing. Blues have had an incredible impact on Butler.

3. tjreese

tjreese Active Member

Money:
    $186
    This is Jeff's. Tahcia her mother, was the daughter of Jeff and Marlene (my sister). Emily is about 5"9 or 5'10" . Jeff in the background as she is pointing to him. Should add...Mike's daughters are around 6' as well. Mike and his wife in jpg not sure how old the pic is, but looks like him a year or two ago when I last saw him

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  4. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,689
    Thanks again. Mike looks good. Wonderful people.

tjreese likes this.
  5. tjreese

tjreese Active Member

Money:
    $186
    ...and great uncle...went down Jeff's line, but left Mike off. ;)

rperk likes this.
  6. rperk

rperk Member

Money:
    $88
    Jeff was my first Bulldog hero and saw him at age 6.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Butler Hoops mobile app

tjreese and Insane Dawg like this.
  7. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,689
    Jeff was one of the all time great players at Butler. The boy could hurt people in so many ways.

tjreese and seadawg like this.
  8. tjreese

tjreese Active Member

Money:
    $186
    relative to that...before Ron Bonham came down on his ankle and Red Auerbach sent him home on crutches and told him to come back the next year (He had made all the cuts and was down to the last cut when he got hurt) Red had him working with forwards until he was too physical for them and then sent him down with the centers. ;) Jeff has some good stories about going out with Sam and Casey Jones. He has his shoes and a ball autographed by all the celtics...and Russell didn't give out autographs.

You wouldn't know Jeff played ball unless you brought it up...he is very humble about it. If you remember Marlene (my sister) she was homecoming queen, indy 500 queen, some runner up for Miss Indiana and so she and Jeff were fairly popular. I remember many years ago when Tahcia (mother of Emily cheerleader now) was born...Marlene and Jeff hid all their trophies so that there would not be any pressure on the children. Years later Matt (his son) stumbled upon a box that had some old scrapbooks in it and said, "Dad must have been a pretty good ball player." and I chuckled.

FWIW, Matt his son never took an interest in basketball. He played football for Columbus North averaging about 8 yards a carry. He was one of the main recruits Ball state went after and offered a scholly. He went for a few weeks and gave up the scholly to just be a student at Butler. Any chance you remember Steve Peck? He gets together with Jeff a lot. Also, there are a few Butler people I see at some parties..I think a Chaplin for the ball team or maybe something to do with the Sig house back then? Anyway, when you said "hurt"...it reminded me of the Celtics.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019 at 8:50 PM
    seadawg and 2xDawg like this.
  9. tjreese

tjreese Active Member

Money:
    $186
    so you are around my age as I too was running around Hinkle like I owned it. ;) My sister a cheerleader was actually pinned to another person at that time and so we would go to the games to watch the Dawgs and my sister. When the game was over, little kids would flock the floor to get autographs and I was too shy and just watched. Learning this later Jeff got me an old leather basketball with BUTLER in big blue letters and told me not to use it on concrete. He said there were All Americans that played with that ball. ;) Great times!

seadawg likes this.
  10. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,689
    Fun post. Of course I remember Marlene. Hard to forget anyone that beautiful. Jeff was incredibly handsome as well. What a couple. Could both have been movie stars. I remember Peck even though I was a bit younger. Jeff had graduated before I started at Butler. Would love to hear the stories about the Celtics. There were two guys in those days that could put the hurt on you and make you wish you never played the game. One was Jeff Blue and the other Ed Schilling.

seadawg and tjreese like this.
  11. tjreese

tjreese Active Member

Money:
    $186
    Can't write now, but will try to get back here in a day or so...

Insane Dawg likes this.
  12. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $755
    You guys should direct message.

UDDawg likes this.
  13. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,819
    I'm glad someone else decided to be that guy haha. Each time this thread comes up I think to myself "Should they really be posting this much personal information about all these people...?"

NCJon and jkcdawgs like this.