Other games thread discussion

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Nov 5, 2019.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,537
    What you hope is that last night was enough to put a little scare into Belmont and they refocus. I'll be back on them this weekend. At this point they are playing for seeding you'd think. But, this year is so different if they stumble they may not get in. Their path is an OVC championship. I expect better next game.

2. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $941
    Yep, most profitable night in awhile. Only missed Belmont Over and California. Also hit some Unders on Pac-12 games as well as Stanford and Ducks.

Dropping Belmont as my Over-wagon and replacing them with EKU. Cashed big with them on Over and 2nd half spread.They press all game and play very fast. Doesn't matter if they shoot bad, they still score.

Nothing out there tonight. Will sit it out till tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. willisbrown

Money:
    $11,537
    Vermont is out there tonight. -3. Also, SLU-Dayton should be a pretty good matchup. SLU laying 5 on the road. I'm tempted to take Dayton and the points.

Utah St-Boise St is an under the radar big game in the MWC.

4. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,284
    SLU - 5 would be my pick there. Not sure Dayton is the same team it has been in the past.

5. Clevedog

Clevedog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $652
    Just curious, who does everyone like in the Michigan vs Ohio State game Sunday? I personally wish both teams could lose. Can't stand Holt, and never ever want to see a Michigan team win.

6. willisbrown

Money:
    $11,537
    If Harbaugh is coaching take Ohio St.

That's going to be a great game. Or at least should be. I've made some good coin on both teams this year...I think I'll lean OSU here or may just play the points.

And Vermont giveth, Vermont taketh away. Just got smoked by umbc...oh well.

7. ButlerNut

Money:
    $8,284
    Calling myself out here. In my tiny defense, it is senior night in Dayton

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,771
    UD’s been an enigma all season. This will be their 2nd win over SLU, but also have some egregious losses.

BoyGeoff and ButlerNut like this.
  9. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,633
    Think sinkhole. This would be the wrong year, though, as you’d want a chunk of the fan base for either school to be included.

I honestly saw a window decal on a car yesterday that the most discernible word was “the”. I literally had to get within a few feet of it to figure out what the rest of it said. I will let the group guess what that was. Not sure how a fan base can be so hung up on an article.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

bmradio99 and DawgsMD like this.
  10. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $4,251
    Still loved the shirts our class president made before Ohio state game - “The Butler University.”

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2xDawg, pjohnsto2003 and ButlerNut like this.
  11. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,266
    This is what we call a meteorite game. You’re definitely cheering for the meteorite.

12. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $931
    They forgot to show up at home vs LaSalle and at Fordham. Hard to figure. Those two losses really hurt them in conference standings. They need to win the A-10 to dance. I think? Maybe win out and runner up in A-10?

UDDawg likes this.
  13. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,771
    The best was when UD beat OSU to begin their elite 8 run, the headline in the Dayton Daily News was simply “THE University of Dayton”

DawgPoundMac and BoyGeoff like this.
  14. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,771
    Unfortunately I think the only way is to win the conference tourney. They also have a bad loss to Duquesne, and they gave up an 18-point lead to Rhode Island last week and lost in 2OT.

15. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Well-Known Member

Money:
    $661
    Watching the Villanova - UConn game. The Huskies have Bouknight back. First time seeing him. Reminds me a bit of Champagnie of St. Johns.

Sadly in my opinion, BU has a lack of length, talent and athletic ability compared to these two. We have a long way to go before we can ever be considered for entry into the throne room of the BE.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    Tentozen likes this.
  16. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $941
    BetMGM has essentially shut down my gravy train on Team Over bets on EKU and Belmont. Highest Over for both is 69.5 juiced at -500 and -5000 respectively. No thanks. This is why the Book always makes $$$. Bummer.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Butler Hoops mobile app

ButlerGoalie likes this.
  17. willisbrown

Money:
    $11,537
    Damn LSU can score.

My Belmont run may end today. I just have a problem betting on lines over 20 points. Even in an extreme mismatch. Lots of junk minutes.

I think I like USC later. Played WVU but that seems like a mistake.

18. ButlerNut

Money:
    $8,284
    WVU did the thing yesterday. Damn

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. willisbrown

Money:
    $11,537
    Yep, came back and made my day a little sunnier.

I have zero idea how to play OSU-Mich today. Line flipped overnight from OSU -1.5 to Mich -1.

I like Rutgers later at home. Iowa I love to win and prob comfortably but 11 is a lot.

20. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,771
    As much as it pains me to say it, a hell of a game going on right now between OSU and Michigan.