Other games thread discussion

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Nov 5, 2019.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,365
    It was very high level and enjoyable...until the dipshiite for OSU tried that casual behind the back pass which led to a 3 point play for Livers. Then it was just OSU chasing. But, both teams are pretty damn outstanding. Michigan-Iowa should be dynamite on Thursday.

The big ten is cray. Michigan, OSU, Illinois and Iowa...any of them could be final four teams.

UDDawg likes this.
  2. Tiles52

Tiles52 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $672
    I agree with you on Michigan, OSU and Illinois; they all three look really strong. However, I'm not completely sold on Iowa as being a final four team; IU beat them twice.

3. willisbrown

Money:
    $11,365
    Very true and they look like garbage today. Looking ahead to Michigan for sure. This is as sloppy as I've seen them.

4. Clevedog

Clevedog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $647
    I don't like OSU or Michigan, but that game was an eye opener as to how poor our Dawgs look. It gives us plenty of room for improvement.

ButlerProf, willisbrown and UDDawg like this.
  5. willisbrown

Money:
    $11,365
    Eastern Kentucky is rolling. They're definitely another fun team out of the OVC. Not to mention I've cashed some on them this year.

Puke-Syracuse, Puke -5...no idea. Every time I bet on Puke, they lose. And every time I bet against them, they win. Prob staying away.

Oregon getting 4 at USC is appealing. St. Mary's-Pepperdine is a good 6pm game. I like SMU in that one at home.

6. WDLTH

WDLTH Member VIP Member

Money:
    $67
    EKU lost its last game to SE Missouri St. by 22 - so of course EKU beat SE Missouri St. by 22 today. I lost some $ last game so avoided today.

7. willisbrown

Money:
    $11,365
    I know it's the OVC but they are quietly 20-6. They'll make a fun NIT team to follow (at least they should get in there). They play an insane pace.

8. willisbrown

Money:
    $11,365
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS of good action tonight. What is everyone's favorite bet? Many road favorites tonight. I like VCU getting the four at home against SLU. I think I may tease Buffalo and Richmond. I like Illinois to slap Michgan St. It's on the road but those are two trains heading in opposite directions.

Nova laying 11 may be a little much, think I'll tease them down too. I don't like that line that high.

9. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,988
    MSU +7 at home vs Illinois
    KU +2.5 at Texas
    Iowa Michigan under 165.5

I also already had Bayern Lazio over 3 goals... so need 1 goal post HT

10. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $941
    In the early games so far, I'm down on VCU +3.5, LSU -4.5 and GT +3.5 vs VT coming off virus layoff. Also a small bet on WV -6.5.

MSU starting to play better so laying off that one (prolly a mistake). Not going near Johnnies after Saturday debacle when I bet them hard in an epically-failed drunken attempt to recoup early day losses. They wet the bed vs DePaul. That said, I think I like the Over in that game though. Think I'll tease it along with PSU.

Will get to the late games later on today.

You back on Baylor wagon again after the long layoff? 23.5 seems a little pricey after taking almost a month off. . .

11. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,724
    That was fast!

12. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,180
    I took VT -3.5 at home with a DK 25% profit boost. Uh oh.

13. willisbrown

Money:
    $11,365
    Not tonight on Baylor. Too much time off and yes Iowa St sucks but we don't know how Baylor will look and 23 is just too much. I love the LSU bet and the VCU bet. So we're riding together there. I still think I'll take Illinois or at least tease them down a little with maybe west va.

14. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,547
    Illinois -7; Texas -3; and a bunch of NBA

15. dawg767

Money:
    $941
    Wtf happened to LSU? Right side on VCU though.

Got Ole Miss, GT and Texas ML in late games fwiw.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Butler Hoops mobile app

16. willisbrown

Money:
    $11,365
    LSU is looking like they have no interest in being there. Also think they got kinda fat and happy after hanging 104 on Auburn. The VCU win was great. I took Illinois second half money line...and they still can't do anything.

I also dropped in on florida once I heard dude was out for Auburn. So that's fun. I teased down Nova with Oklahoma. We'll see but nova looks good so far.

17. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,988
    When you just see a great line, but it doesn't even register until later that the game is on Thursday
    [​IMG]

18. dawg767

Money:
    $941
    I'm not sure this is just a Butler thing this season. I think it's a statement of just how bad the Big East as a whole is this year. The gap between the BE and the Big10 and Big12 this year is Grand Canyon-esque.

With the exception of Villanova and Creighton (at times), virtually every Big East game I've seen this year has been borderline or completely unwatchable. We'll probably end up with 4 bids this year, but I think we can make a convincing argument that we only deserve two.

This was not the case in recent years so I hope this an aberration and not a trend.

19. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,188
  20. willisbrown

Money:
    $11,365
    I like Providence money line tonight against X. Now that I've said this X will come out firing and will win by 20. Sigh.

I also like TN to cover the 8 at Vandy. TN has to start making statements for seeding purposes. Vandy has been pesky though of late.

Give me bama money line as well. Arky as been good, but they play similar styles and Arky plays right into Bama's hands tonight.

Gonna tease Dayton and George Mason down.