Other games thread discussion

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Nov 5, 2019.

1. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,798
    I put money on the money line for Bama as well tonight...

As well as stacking an 8 game parlay with some of the best mid majors and throwing the Bulls as icing on it for a chance to triple my money

willisbrown likes this.
  2. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $950
    I just can't trust Alabama anymore, though I'll probably get on the Over depending on how early bets go. Here are my early plays in order of wager size:

1) FSU 1stH -5.5
    2) SH 1stH -3.5
    3) Clemson -2.5 and Under
    4) UNC/Marq Over 145

3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,092
    Ha, #2 should be your number one.

The FSU play is interesting. I may hop aboard that one.

dawg767 likes this.
  4. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,968
    “Who does Number Two work for?!?!”

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

5. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,131
    Keep a heads up, there's a rumor floating around that Race Thompson broke his nose in practice the other day... IU wouldn't comment about it when asked. Sooooooo????

Line currently Rutgers -3.5 at the RAC

6. dawg767

Money:
    $950
    Good point. Actually 1 and 2 same bet size. I guess subliminally I thought #2 was more appropriate for Butler game.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,092
    Because we're so shiitey?

8. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,092
    Ugh, Bama. Bad move there. Good call on FSU as that hit. I bailed on TN at the last second because the line jumped up to 11.5 in a snap. Providence looks strong tonight. Dayton boned me. Not the best night. But shooters shoot. There's always tomorrow. Gonna load up on Michigan.

9. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,834
    Nate Oats may have a good team, but they’re undisciplined and immature. The way to beat them in the tournament? Put your most annoying defender on Petty, get under his skin early, and he’ll crumble.

10. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $701
    IU (12-11, 7-9) loses at home to Rutgers (13-9, 9-9). They were on the bubble already before that game.

I know we give LJ a lot of (well deserved IMO) ****.. but imagine paying a him $3m/y, with 12 people on his staff, with 2 McDonald’s All-Americans who become lottery picks, and not make it to a single NCAAT. And this is after you fire Tom “Clappy” Crean after a sweet sixteen loss because it wasn’t good enough. (They were “last 4 in” last year before the Big Ten Tourney got cancelled)

Tentozen, 2xDawg and willisbrown like this.
  11. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,092
    Belmont-Eastern Kentucky tonight. Over/Under is 162 @dawg767 . Points points points.

Gonzaga is laying 31 (!) against Santa Clara. Lordy.

12. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $701
  13. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,526
    Miller has never had a winning record in the conference. I hope he stays put.;)

14. dawg767

Money:
    $950
    Stoked about tonight! Which almost certainly means I'm gonna lose s**tload of money. Regardless, this easily the best week night lineup of CBB all year. No Big East games is a big reason for this. So thankful we don't have to watch any of that drivel tonight.

I'm on first Over with my biggest bet on early games. Have a bunch of winnings to spend from last night where Butler was essentially only loss. Here is what I have on the early games so far:

1) EKU +7.5 vs Bel
    2) WKU +11.5 vs Hou
    3) 5 bet Favorite ML Parlay including Bel and Hou hoping to catch middle on 1&2 and cash all 3 best case
    4) UCLA -1.5
    5) Mich Team Over 79.5 and Game Over 154.5
    6) Gonz Team Over 93.5
    7) OhSt/Ore ML parlay

Little worried about too many Over bets, but so be it. Also on #5, this seems to me to be best way to bet this game if like me, you're fairly confident that Mich will cover 5.5 but worried about Iowa getting hot and covering. You'll cover Game Over if they do and with Mich Team Over you'll probably cover Mich blowout. Iowa does not play defense.

There are still just as many bets to be made on the late games, but haven't made them yet. I think I like Holties to cover easily but for now just have them in ML parlay above with Oregon. MSU definitely trending bigtime up, but I just don't think B10 and refs will let MSU get away with the same thuggery they did vs Illinois especially after Ayo's broken nose announced today. Also OSU guards are too good.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Butler Hoops mobile app

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    willisbrown likes this.
  15. Clevedog

Clevedog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $671
    The Horizon League Tournament finals will be played at Indiana Farmers Coliseum next week in Indy. I watched a couple of Wright State and Cleveland State games this year, not bad basketball. Interesting to see who gets that one bid. I remember how we sometimes sweated to get that one bid.

16. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,961
    The Coliseum has been completely remodeled and is quite nice. This will be a tuneup to hosting March Madness!

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

17. dawg767

Money:
    $950
    The slow pace and bad shooting in Iowa game is killing me. . .

18. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,517
    Holtmann just got T'ed up for being 30 feet on the floor complaining about a no-call.

His face was as red as the OSU Crimson.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,202
    He is elite at knowing when to get an intentional tech

20. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,517
    This looked more spontaneous. He truly lost his mind.

Update - Sparty took down O$U tonight

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app