Other games thread discussion

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Nov 5, 2019.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,116
    Yep...prepare for another long cold winter. If we finish higher than 9th I'll consider it a victory.

2. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,842
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing watching several of these early games. Butler & Georgetown look like the two worst teams in the BE right now. I keep telling myself it’s really early and am hoping for team health & improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

3. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,899
    We may not be able to count on SVSU as an easy win. They beat Markeese Hastings and Western Michigan 80-63 yesterday.

4. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,351
    Georgetown is the only Big East team who I haven't watched a little bit of so far this year. But yes, to this point, everyone but DePaul -- and it's pretty close -- looks markedly better, more energetic, and more prepared than Butler.

Granted, X played pretty well and OSU is a bit of a mess right now, but this is exactly what we hoped would happen at the Butler/MSU game: middle-of-the-pack Big East home team plays well and with good home-court energy, knocks off B1G opponent who makes a bunch of mistakes. X never trailed, Butler lost by 21.

5. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,627
    And they did it without Freemantle.

6. tobystorrs

tobystorrs Active Member

Money:
    $175
    All of the other Big East teams won their Gavitt matchup except for St. John's. But St. John's loss was only by 2 points and was at Indiana. Granted, DePaul only beat Rutgers by 3 at home. But I think it is safe to say that Butler had by far the worst Big East performance of the Gavitt Games. Sometimes it's not just that you lose; it's how you lose... at home.

Also, I saw a decent amount of Georgetown's loss to Dartmouth. You can't take much positive from a home loss to an Ivy opponent. Dartmouth did make 16 3-pointers in that game, however. And, to my untrained eye, Georgetown looked better in what was, no doubt, a bad loss than Butler looked in the MSU loss.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Georgetown, DePaul and Butler are fighting it out for the bottom three spots in the Big East. And Butler might have to give it all it's got just to come out on top in that trio.

7. tobystorrs

tobystorrs Active Member

Money:
    $175
    Shaka Smart already giving Marquette fans a lot to be excited about. MU looking solid this young season. 82-71 win over WVU.

znelson15 likes this.
  8. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,300
    Just came on here to say shake has a ncaa tourney team already in Marquette, they have some great resume building wins and already seem to have an identity as a basketball team

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

tobystorrs likes this.
  9. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,116
    If anyone is still up Wichita just stormed back against Zona to force it to OT and Michigan-UNLV is playing after. It's friday, why the hell not?

10. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,116
    I am half excited and half frightened to watch this Purdue-Nova game. It should be great basketball with talent galore out there, but at the same time we have to play both and watching them be awesome makes me frightened of what they are going to do to us.

11. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,652
    It's been a fantastic game so far (about two minutes left) and I'm not sure I want to play either of these teams, let alone twice.

12. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,899
    Purdue just broke Nova in the 2nd half. The matchup with Purdue is horrifying. Nova will be at least physically be in the realm of Butler. Purdue's front line might step on Butler's bigs and smush them like ants.

Also, Purdue is SO good at developing the guys they do have. They're definitely more talented than what Jordan and the coaching staff are able to get, but then they keep getting better. Ivey is the difference this year compared to most, but they are always in the hunt of the Big 10, and they play above what their individual talent would suggest more years than not.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  13. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,116
    No kidding dude. Both are skilled as holy hell and well coached. Not sure there's a number too big against Purdue. Fabulous talent at all positions.

znelson15 and NCJon like this.
  14. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,300
    Purdue looked like the best team in the country in that game!!!!!

Will be interesting to see what they can do This year.

Painter has created quite the program in the last five-six years there at Purdue

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,983
    They are the best team in the country.

16. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,707
    I bet the Zags have something to say about that…

17. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,983
    The zags are great. Would love to see that title match up. But Purdue is older, deeper, and more well rounded. Also, DT is kinda soft and I don’t trust him against a big boy front court in a slower tempo game.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,306
    It's amazing how many guys on that team we missed on. They are damn good.

seadawg likes this.
  19. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,873
    Purdue does a fantastic job of developing players, especially their "bigs". They added Terry Johnson to the staff this year as well.

ButlerProf likes this.
  20. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,742
    And Marquette is human once again.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops