Other games thread discussion

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Nov 5, 2019.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,116
    I think it's time to put any postseason talk to bed. Butler is bad...really bad. In every way possible. Tate and Hodges are solid players, sure. But I don't think they make a difference on a team struggling to beat DII schools and getting pummeled by top 150ish DI schools (I'm guessing aTm finishes lower than 100).

It's going to be an ugly season. All we can hope is that the powers that be attempt to save this by making huge changes once it's over.

2. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,626

Does getting rid of the head coach and/or staff constitute as huge changes, or are we also suggesting that Collier needs to be gone as well?

Not that I think it would ever happen, but it would be intriguing if Matta were to take over for Collier as AD should he choose to step down. The only way I could see it happening though is if he was offered a niche position similar to what IU gave him - Basically oversee the basketball side and nothing else.

3. dawgman

dawgman Active Member

Money:
    $212
    If Collier doesn’t make a move then Danko will need to step in. He understands what a successful program means to the entire university…he has spoken about what impact the Final Four runs had on enrollment, giving,etc.

tobystorrs and willisbrown like this.
  4. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,417
    Oklahoma just beat #14 Florida. We in trouble, boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

bmradio99, ButlerNut and znelson15 like this.
  5. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,300
    I just talked about how great Florida was and has been looking also

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

ButlerNut likes this.
  6. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,707
    Seriously F me.

I placed a bunch of bets tonight in the Denver airport because betting is legal in Colorado but not once I’m back in Utah.

On a 13-game ML parlay I went ****ing 12 - Memphis. Seriously **** those losers, and a major **** you to Tom Crean and his ****ty Georgia team.

I also did a 17-game ML parlay and went 16 - BYU’s ****ty, worthless ass. Seriously they are ranked in the Top 20 and blew a huge lead and lost in OT to UTAH VALLEY. Hope they lose out.

I did win a 4-game parlay with good odds to make up for it, but I should have had more.

ButlerNut likes this.
  7. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,899
    That's me but with Duke blowing the game at ohio state. BYU also bit me, but not for as much money.

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  8. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,417
    Serious question: can I make online bets through a VPN if my state doesn’t allow sports gambling?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

9. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,153
    Wow! Really glad you shared this earth shattering news!

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $947
    The geolocking on the betting apps is good enough to block VPN work arounds. From what I have heard, Bovada is your best bet for online gambling in the states that haven't legalized it.

11. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,116
    Yep. All the big websites to play will block it. So, Bovada for offshore is your best play or you find a bookmaker and do it the ol' fashioned way.

I haven't started on CBB yet, still in CFB and NFL mode.

12. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,899
    Cbb is fun, but honestly the NBA is making me the most money. NFL - I always bet the wrong teams. Betting unders seems to work a lot though!

13. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,116
    I haven't watched the Cnba for so long I'd have zero idea what to play. CFB and NFL are my best numbers...late season CBB usually does me well (outside of last year's tournament)...one of my better bets is golf. You can play conservative on the outright winner and still win rather big. And you can play top 5s and top 10s more aggressively with less risk. It's enjoyable. I also like betting NASCAR top 3s.

Here's an interesting thought for this weekend-what is Georgia's motivation? Sure an SEC crown is nice and all, but they're in the playoff regardless whereas Bama has to win to get in...does that tighten things up in something that should be a Georgia railroading? I can't decide. Safe bet is Georgia but I haven't bet against Bama in a loooong time.

14. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,267
    LOL
    There is always hope

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,707
    Ok I’m sorry Hinkle. You’re right.

Gonzaga may win this, but they are getting spanked first half against Bama.

Purdue could easily beat them and is likely the best team in the country.

Hinkle likes this.
  16. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,983
    Zags are great (I am a fan!), but I really think Purdue is the team to beat.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

tlp63 and NCJon like this.
  17. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,742
    willisbrown likes this.
  18. ButlerBoyz

ButlerBoyz Active Member

Money:
    $319
    What does everyone think the Butler vs Purdue line will be? +22.5?

19. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,311
    If it's anything 10 and under I'm betting my house on Purdue

Sent from my SM-G986U using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,116
    Because Vegas never seems to have us as huge underdogs even when it's insanely obvious...I'm going to say it lands around 15 or 16. Anything under 20 you go ahead ride it.