Other games thread discussion

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Nov 5, 2019.

1. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,959
    So you're saying there's a chance it comes back

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,788
    I think the most likely scenario leads to Butler playing Purdue annually. Mix in a second game that rotates every year with Big 12, Big East, or B1G schools. Has to be one of those three leagues, FOX will have the rights. Cincinnati, Iowa State, WVU, Creighton, Xavier, Illinois, Michigan, O$U, MSU all fit.

Tentozen likes this.
  3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,584
    Sneaky GREAT game tonight, not good, great. Belmont @ Murray St....9pm on the four letter U.

DawgPoundMac, BURph92 and BoyGeoff like this.
  4. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,149
    Knew they’ve been bad, but didn’t realize 0-5 in February. No wonder my IU fan friends have been so quiet. At home against Maryland tonight. Would be a crusher to lose that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

5. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,241
    I'm enjoying it. All the hullabaloo around the new coach and a great start to the season and I.U. was already clearing a spot for their next banner. And the local media was gleefully feeding the mania. Reality check, so how long has it been since I.U. has actually been relevant, and with all those resources and money and past history and the candy-striped warm-ups? Yes, I love it, somewhat validating the "misery loves company" idiom.

Tentozen likes this.
  6. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,033
    I’m watching! Teams are a combined 50-7.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2xDawg and willisbrown like this.
  7. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,584
    Dude...Murray St is a fun watch. They earn their names "the racers".

BURph92 and znelson15 like this.
  8. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $20,572
    Zags vs USF is a great game. Or it was. Zags up 19. USF is good. The first half was very high-level basketball.

9. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $20,572
    Chet had 21 Pts, 15 boards, 6 blk, 3 steals tonight. Unreal stat line. He’ll be a stat stuffer in the NBA too.

znelson15 likes this.
  10. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $20,572
  11. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,584
    That kid from Gonzaga is nuts. SF played pretty damn well and still lost by 16.

Murray is insane. What I would give for McMahon on our sideline.

Got of the mini slump tonight thankfully...took both Murray and Gonzaga laying the points in both (Murray was only -3...seriously) and Gonzaga as per usual covered. Needed the Ws and got them.

12. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,903
  13. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,241
    Have to think McMahon is going to be a real hot commodity once the season is over. Impressive (and sustained) record at Murray where his teams always punch over their heads. He must be pretty good at either identifying and recruiting talent or developing it once he has it because Murray typically has a pretty talented roster (and record) almost every season (a la Ja Morant....who knew?). There are a few up and coming young and successful potential head coaching candidates out there. McMahon is one of them.

14. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,584
    I agree he's cemented his name in others' heads by this point with his success. He'll most likely get an offer way over what we can spend (or are willing to). He's done som really good things at Murray since taking over for Forbes. I've watched as much as them as possible this year (not so many games on the tube) and just love the fast pace, aggressive and fearless style they play.

15. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,584
    I want to bet on Xavier tonight but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Anyone have any good plays?

Most entertaining games of the night probably Uconn-Creighton, IU-Rutgers (barf) and LSU-Arky should be a track meet.

16. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,671
    IU and X losing in the same night and both fan bases are melting down as bad as their teams. It’s the only solace to a disappointing season.

BulldogsFTW, iluvsnow, noltar and 7 others like this.
  17. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,118
    Very sad!

Quite the dilemma for X. Mack is available to return but do they risk angering daddy warbucks by firing Steele?

butlerguy03 likes this.
  18. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,557
    I'm torn on the one hand getting 7 teams into the tournament is great for us and the league. On the other hand, watching them comically collapse is about as good as it gets considering our season

Sent from my SM-G986U using Butler Hoops mobile app

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
  19. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,118
    I’m not torn at all. 6/10 is great.

Paul Scruggs spurned offers from *everyone* out of high school only to choose X and play 44 minutes of NCAAT basketball in a *five year* career, all the while never really improving. Keep selling, Travis.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

20. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,385