Other games thread discussion

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Nov 5, 2019.

1. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,865
    So if Bellarmine beats Jacksonville, then Jacksonville State gets to go to the NCAAT?

Huh? What?

2. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,411
    Bellarmine is transitioning in, they are ineligible for postseason. By rules the winner of the regular season then goes which is Jacksonville State

Sent from my SM-G986U using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $19,865
    Got it. Then why even let them play in the conference tourney?

Weird. 4-year waiting period is stupid.

Apparently if they win they can go to the NIT.

Anyway they have a couple shooters I’d love to have at Butler.

4. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,704
    Unless something has changed this year, they can't go to the NIT either, but could do one of the others.

Each conference decides how to use their autobid. Because of the ineligiblity, some conferences don't allow a team moving up to play, others do like the ASUN and send it to the regular season winner if the tourney winner is ineligible.

I don't know that I agree with it, but the waiting period is intended to discourage DII and DIII schools from moving up without a serious commitment to playing at the DI level.

5. SCbulldogsfan4life

SCbulldogsfan4life Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,156
    https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...urnament-rule-not-knights-concern/4510172001/
    The end of this article seems to indicate that they would be eligible for the NIT or CBI. After watching teams like Butler just pound the ball into the ground repeatedly, it's refreshing to see a pass-heavy team experience the success they do. It stinks they can't go dancing for the next few years, but their time will come and the pros outweigh the cons.

schoops likes this.
  6. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $19,865
    Explain this logic… I don’t get it. I’d think it’s a lot easier to recruit kids by telling them they have a chance to play in the NCAAT. It’s probably hard to sell kids on playing at your school when they can’t play in the NCAAT. Easier to be serious when your team is competitive.

How does a four-year NCAAT ban force schools to be serious? I guess they have to really want to move up?

Again, dumb. If a school is good enough to move up and wax everyone to earn an NCAAT bid, then let them play in it. If you’re in their conference and don’t like it, beat them!

Not challenging you specifically, just think this is dumb.

7. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,522
    Are academic clearances and recruitment rules different? That might be the cause for a 4-year ban, allowing for the D1 recruits to go through the clearinghouse.

8. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,217
    This Delaware-UNCW is some good action but that old Xavier and Providence coach is calling it and he's just soooooo awful.

DawgPoundMac and NCJon like this.
  9. NCJon

Money:
    $9,704
    Came here to mention the CAA title game and agree 100 percent on Pete Gillen. So hard to listen to.

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  10. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,638
    Has anyone been watching the Wagner/Bryant game tonight? Something bizarre happened where fans from each team got in a brawl.

11. NCJon

Money:
    $9,704
    I wasn't watching. Sounds bad. Found this on Twitter:

12. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $19,865
    At least it wasn’t LigaMX soccer.

13. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,217
    The battle of the Dakota States has been very entertaining.

14. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,367
    That bellarmine coach seems like he has got it together with all his down over the years for that program

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,522
    Yeah, my wife said something along the lines of "that's what happens when you put rivals in a do-or-die atmosphere inside a middle school gym." Horrible idea to have conference home games that mean so much.

BoyGeoff and NCJon like this.
  16. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,217
    Gamblers who bet giving the points on SDSU and Gonzaga have to be thrilled and thanking the gambling gods this morning. Neither looked like a cover and the push for SDSU and the cover from Gonzaga came from two unnecessary fouls with hardly any time left.

17. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,895
    Not to mention putting the student section directly behind the visiting team and right next to their parents. Plus the Peter Kiss o_O player for Bryant makes Macura look like a choir boy.

ButlerProf and Insane Dawg like this.
  18. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,895
    Watched Wright State and realized Dan Bere who was our Analyst for a season is now an AC there. Along with Travis Trice Sr. Bere also had a stint at Jacksonville.

19. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    Watched the first half of the St. Mary- Zags game last night. Was not impressed with St. Mary.

20. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $19,865
    In this PSU/Minnesota game, at the under 8 TO in the SECOND HALF, Minnesota has only played 5 players. Literally not one bench minute.