Other games thread discussion

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Nov 5, 2019.

1. SpringDawg

SpringDawg Active Member

Money:
    $236
    Danny Hurley is a lunatic.

shoeevv, NCJon and UDDawg like this.
  2. HinkleMagic20

HinkleMagic20 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $521
    Penn State players seem to love Shrewsberry in their end of season press conference. They played really hard for him. Wish we could've snagged him at Butler.

3. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,865
    The Fans LOVE him too. He’s going to make us very good in a few years. Team plays tough D, has some creative O, and plays really hard with tons of heart and fire. Not a lot of talent on the roster, but once we get it, we should be able to move into the top half of the Big Ten.

4. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,426
  5. Danville Bulldog

Money:
    $2,426
    "The surprising Bluejays, picked eighth in the Big East preseason poll with no starters back from last year's Sweet 16 squad, will play eighth-ranked and second-seeded Villanova - a 63-60 winner over No. 20 UConn in the nightcap - for the championship Saturday night at Madison Square Garden."

znelson15 likes this.
  6. Danville Bulldog

Money:
    $2,426
    "By the time the onslaught was over, the Bluejays had outscored Providence 31-2 in about 10 1/2 minutes and 35-4 to build a 60-29 cushion. Providence center Nate Watson, who bullied Butler down low for a season-best 26 points in the quarterfinals, managed only five on 2-for-7 shooting in a one-sided matchup with the 7-foot-1 Kalkbrenner, the Big East defensive player of the year."

znelson15 likes this.
  7. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,475
    Watching that UConn/Nova game last night just reaffirmed my belief that we are miles away from where we should be. Doubters can bury their head in the sand all they want but we are in the Big East. If the goal is not to be competitive each and every year in the league in which you play then there’s something wrong with that.

No matter what happens, I think the bigger issue is the direction and spending from the top down. Man that was a fun game to watch last night. Just high end from start to finish. We’ve had glimpses of that in the last decade but we haven’t been able to sustain it.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,226
    Just finished watching the Homestead/Westfield regional semifinal. Westfield with a 4th qtr blitz (came from 8 down to an 11 point win) led by the dynamic duo of Braden Smith and Cam Haffner. Fletcher Loyer was outstanding for Homestead. Both Smith and Loyer will play for Matt Painter next year… one of them will be Mr. Basketball.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,367
  10. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,057
    Fine, Fine, since u guys didn’t like the Patino pick. How about Will Wade? He was just fired at LSU. He seems like good dude that does things the right way. Lol. Please don’t yell at me, I am joking.

11. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,057
    I had to scout a team playing Westfield earlier this year. Some of the best ball movement I have ever seen from a high school team. Had to watch the game a couple times because I kept finding myself concentrating on what Westfield was doing Marie than their opponent

12. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,226
  13. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,411
  14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,349
    Richmond just stole someone's at large bid.

mwall787, BURph92 and DawgPoundMac like this.
  15. DawgPoundMac

DawgPoundMac Well-Known Member

Money:
    $537
    That A10 final was a fantastic game! Cool to see Bryce’s bro slip into the tourney after six years.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

mwall787 and ButlerProf like this.
  16. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,846
    Maybe Xavier’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

17. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,411
    Nice to see Bryce there, he's got such a big heart. Him and his family are so close, I'm really happy he got to be there to support Grant

mwall787, BoyGeoff, bumba and 4 others like this.
  18. fchd

fchd Member

Money:
    $152
    The committee may make it easy for themselves by just saying they took Davidson's spot.

19. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,217
    So...who ya got? We have 68 teams left to cheer on...which one will you latch on to for the tourney? No surprise I'm gonna ride with Murray. They'll be "my" squad.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  20. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,768
    If Butler's win over X didn't put them out of the field, Davidson's loss surely did. Either way, Butler can take credit: if X had beaten Butler, they very likely would have been in. (I write this at 5:55 Sunday afternoon, so I might be wrong: they still may make the field, but I'm guessing not.)

In fact, Butler may have had a hand in keeping two teams out: Oklahoma's loss to Butler may have been fatal to their tournament chances.

One thing about having a bad year: you have an outsized influence on tournament selections. Any team that loses to you, especially at home, has a bad loss.