Other games thread discussion

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Nov 5, 2019.

1. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,174
    Absolutely.

2. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,130
  3. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Active Member

Money:
    $231
    I need a gif of that celebration. He literally pissed the game away

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

4. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,174

5. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,239
    Not even the funniest part of the game.

Ole Miss punt returner tried to call for a fair catch AFTER he caught the ball. He got planted

6. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,388
    SDSU looked very good. I’m not sure there’s going to be much of a gap between 15 and 50 this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,299
    It was the same douche bag. ****ing piece of **** ass hole. Benefiting and getting a free big time scholarship plus God knows how much under the table, embarrasses the university like this. A university that is already mostly hated. He sullies the reputation more.

The football team is an absolute crap show. It pains any of us that went there at any time, are donors, friends of the program or former players. What would happen to any of us if we did that as an employee? We'd get run out without even a conversation. Luke and that piss poor douchey WR need to out, like now. I'm very, very embarrassed by it. It is a sick reputation of a university that struggles to gain firm ground because of ghosts of the past. It's sickening.

PSUButlerFan and ButlerNut like this.
  8. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,487
    But Willis, don't sugar coat it. How do you really feel? ;)

9. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,420
    How about 1-50?

10. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,299
    I'm sorry and I know y'all don't care, but it was a very hurtful moment for a university which I love. Which my family loves. Which we try so hard to take pride in but they just can't get out of their way on a national stage. Worse yet, the coach is coming back and he has already gone public saying he supports his player. SMH.

Imagine if this happened at Butler? You think any leader there would put up with that? Hell to the no. I'm both a rebel and a bulldog and I'm proud today to be a bulldog, I am very ashamed to have any any ties to that program right now.

But I'll root hard for them tonight. :)

ButlerNut and BoyGeoff like this.
  11. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,239
    The SAME DUDE?!?! Hahahahahahahaha

Dude - you don’t get to celebrate like that when you fair catch a punt AFTER you catch it. And when you score a TD in a game where you’re 4-7.

That said, Ole Miss is in a tough spot. Until Saban retires and the college football landscape changes, the ceiling for you is 9-3. You’re always losing to LSU and Bama and then 1-1 vs. Auburn and TAMU. That’s in a dream year. More than likely, 7-5 is about the best. Just a tough reality.

ButlerNut and willisbrown like this.
  12. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,130
    Juwan Howard is impressive so far. He’s got them defending well and he has called a few great sets when needed

troggy and Danville Bulldog like this.
  13. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $737
    Michigan has to jump into the top ten now right?

14. znelson15

Money:
    $737
    I care a lot I feel for ya Willis
    It’s sad for the players who busted there ass and fans who were there for a big rivalry game
    Plus then it goes viral and is all over everything

How do you even deal with this
    It starts with the head coach in my opinion and the culture he or she creates in any program of any sport at that schools

How are people reacting about/close friends and people you may tied to the program
    Very curious about This

15. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,049
    You’d think they’d almost have to. Dayton will definitely jump into the polls too.

Originally, I assumed if Butler took care of business this week we’d definitely be ranked next week. But now I’m not so sure.

znelson15 likes this.
  16. znelson15

Money:
    $737
    Very true both those teams deserve it more than we do and that is saying a lot
    Michigan and Dayton looked crazy good for feast week
    Michigan is looking top five honestly

17. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,976
    Who do I root for in Minnesota - DePaul? Honestly a pretty good game, and if DePaul gets a second B1G true road win, they deserve to be ranked as much as Butler. [ducks]

jkcdawgs likes this.
  18. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,299
    Depends on who you ask. My generation and generations younger have all become very apathetic. And that has now turned to anger. Apathy is one thing, but it's full blown pissed at this point. All of my friends, hate Luke to hell and back and none are renewing season tickets to football.

Middle aged generation? Like my mother and uncle's age? Half and half. Some are part of the cancer that is the good ole boys network and only keep stepping on this thing to make it a continuing cycle of meh. But then people like my mother and uncle are pulling their donations until there is a change at the top. And that's a lot of coin.

The blue hairs are holding tight in support for him and they are the biggest donors. They are the types that think no one in power can do anything wrong.

And yes, at the end of the day it is all on the head coach. You should read a tweet that one of the offensive linemen just put out. It's calling out fans and using multiple amounts of words that would be "starred" out here. He basically just told Ole Miss fans to go F themselves.

It's out of control. Just out of control. And it's a shame. Worse yet, there are no repercussions and it will continue to spiral.

znelson15 likes this.
  19. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,299
    I laid on Minnesota but I wouldn't mind seeing DePaul pulling it out...good for the conference.

troggy likes this.
  20. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,976
    Kinda figured since we play DePaul twice and Butler once, but know it's not that simple. Still, Demons are legit. Funny to be less scared of Providence and Creighton than DePaul, but here we are. This season is already hilarious and awesome.

Tentozen likes this.