Other games thread discussion

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Nov 5, 2019.

1. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $2,693
  2. jvoigt

jvoigt Member

Money:
    $117
    DePaul wins on the road vs. Minnesota. DePaul has risen to #58 in KenPom.

3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,299
    Ole Miss just pulled an us circa 2011 in early April. Nothing went in. 15 points the whole half.

4. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Active Member

Money:
    $231
    Purdue is trying too. They have 13 with 5 minutes to go in the 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

5. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,388
    Ole Miss looks about as bad as I’ve seen anyone all week. Which means they are shooting 60% next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

ButlerNut likes this.
  6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,451
    And now Creighton is shooting the lights out from deep. Beating Texas Tech by double digits. What a crazy week so far.

7. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,130
    Hahaha Ole miss just finished with 37 points. Let’s beat the brakes off those dudes next week

8. Bulldogs260

Money:
    $1,130
    #60 likes this.
  9. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $659
    1-20 from 3.

10. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,583
    Law of averages. Hope it doesn’t catch up on Tuesday.

Tentozen likes this.
  11. Bulldogs260

Money:
    $1,130
    Tune into FS1 Creighton blew it now I’m OT man 44 in TT is good

12. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,299
    Exactly. They'll be in fire probably. They never shoot like that, but they shot scared. The first few went in, then they missed I think 10-11 straight and they all got intimidated by the basket. Surprising to see a mentally weak Kermit coached team but that is exactly what Ole Miss was tonight. Dudes were afraid to take shots. And if they did, or went up for a lay up or dunk, they went weakly.

This isn't who Ole Miss is, so don't let it fool anyone. Still, Butler should be able to handle this one. My wild card is Hinson...Tuck and McD will be matching up with him and he can go off (like he did against memphis) or he can be terrible like tonight. He loves the long ball, so it's an on or off thing for sure.

Our front court is better. Guard play is a toss up as I think Thompson neutralizes Shuler. The wing is where it will be won. Baldwin v Tyree should be amazingly fun.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  13. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,442
    One has to wonder if all the media reporting about the ugly behavior on the football field the day before got into their heads. As we all know, the game is 50% physical and 60% mental.

ButlerNut likes this.
  14. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,583
    Willis - am I comprehending your comment about guard play between the two teams correctly?

So if Thompson neutralizes Shuler, and you say it’s a push, you’re saying Pinson = Kamar? Not sure I’m buying what you’re selling here, if it is what you’re saying.

Bulldogs260 likes this.
  15. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,299
    It was late, I was drunk, I maybe didn't make myself clear enough-guard play is fairly neutral as Shuler is a very good player, but Thompson can probably shut him down. Baldwin vs Tyree...Baldwin better, but Tyree can go crazy at any moment much like Baldwin did the other night. Tyree did the same thing Wednesday. They are very similar. KB the better overall player though I believe, and definitely mentally tougher.

Ole Miss' front court has size but is currently a disaster. The wings have a ton of talent, but so do our wings. So that's where the game is going to be won. Our bigs are much better than their bigs, not bigger but better. If McD is close to healthy and Tucker plays well, we will win. Hinson for Ole Miss is the one to watch. He will launch away with no hesitation. If our wings can match Ole Miss' wings, we'll win going away. At least we should.

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  16. Bulldogs260

Money:
    $1,130
    Who are you rooting for? Can’t say both

17. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,299
    X and Gtown play early, but Purdue-FSU is tonight and should be a good watch. I am going to ride FSU and I am interested to see how Purdue looks, as our match up with them looms.

18. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,299
    I mostly will root for a fun game with no injuries. Both teams have potential and I think can enjoy good seasons if healthy.

Saying that, in the end I spent more time at Butler. I think of my phi delt days, my bond I made with so many and how special that time was watching the program form into something that was a national power. I was there starting in 98 when it all started. 98, 99, 2000, 2001 and 2002 were so much fun. I'm going to hurtfully roll with the dawgs.

19. Bulldogs260

Money:
    $1,130

20. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,299
    Action kicks off in 30 minutes with A&M and Fairfield. Games to watch today for sure-Interested to see how Marquette can run with Maryland and Howard against a top 5 team (1pm), Rhode Island plays WVA at 2 and Nova hosts La Salle in a big 5 game tonight. Enjoy your sundays and make some money.