Other games thread discussion

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,986
    Nova - I think if they win this the second half of the conference season gets really interesting.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,509
    Nova...

I'm throwing in a 4 team money line parlay at 4...Louisville, Northern Iowa, Memphis and Penn St. Pays 1.4 to 1 on my book. Why the hell not, it's saturday, let's get rich.

3. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,637
    Welp. That’s a cold take.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

butlerguy03, PSUButlerFan and NCJon like this.
  4. willisbrown

Money:
    $7,509
    Ole Miss just ran Florida out of the gym. Beat down.

Tune into this Nova-SH game, good action.

5. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,298
    So we’re all playing for second in the Big East now. Hall is so good. But it was weird to see Nova get kinda shafted by the refs at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

6. DawgFan

DawgFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $407
    Guys, if X beats Providence tonight, and we beat Marquette tomorrow... then we will be tied with Villanova for 2nd in the Big East.

Please understand I will never root for X. But I will always root for whatever is best for Butler.

7. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,269
    Fran apparently disagrees with that assessment of the refs. I didn't get to watch the game...so I am posting this without opinion...

8. WMUDog

WMUDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $552
    I think Seton Hall may have just separated themselves from the pack

9. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $967
    Creighton also is at 7-4. X won. A Butler win tomorrow would put them in a 3-way tie for second with Nova and Creighton.

10. nicklas_early

nicklas_early Active Member

Money:
    $359
    I’ve been having this thought all day. Who better to share it with than my butlerhoops friends.

Wasn’t today’s Indiana and Purdue game a complete microcosm of the Indiana basketball program? There is no doubt that Knight is a legend - I am not denying that. I am also self aware to know that, because of my age, I never got to understand and watch IU basketball in their glory days.

But today, February 8, 2020 (not an arbitrary date before the year 2000) there was a game played against a bitter rival. This game also had huge implications in conference standing, as well as, resume impact for the NCAAT. However, during this important game, the IU program and fan base were totally enamored by something other than the biggest game on their schedule.

I’ve seen some hardcore IUBB fans on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram say that Knight returning was bigger than the outcome of today’s game. Exactly my point. Enjoy the “5 banners” talk and living in the past because todays outcome might have been what knocks you out of the tournament, in 2020.

Maybe I am off base. Let me know what you all think. :)

11. willisbrown

Money:
    $7,509
    IU fans live way in the past. The current doesn't exist to them. They are not good. But holding onto what was...keeps them going. It's kinda hilarious yet sad at the same time. They live in this world where reality doesn't exist.

As far as other games...I'm a sucker. Every year I see Gonzaga-St Mary's and I think "damn, here we go, great game" and every year twice a year Gonzaga blows them to shiite. Rinse repeat. Oh well I bet on Gonzaga so even though it isn't entertaining, it's padding my stats.

12. ButlerGrad1111

ButlerGrad1111 Active Member

Money:
    $315
    Great analysis. IU fans are truly delusional, they will win one game and think they are about to get the 6th banner. Was there even a 3pt like when they last won? Kidding but anytime you feel like you want to talk some IU hate let me know I’m all for it. Brunk was a no show today too btw

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,295
    I love to rib my IU friends and I truly loathe Bobby Knight.

His return to Assembly Hall yesterday was bigger than the game though. It was a bit of closure on that era of the program that many people seemed to desperately need.

14. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,481
    So I was flying home yesterday and missed most sports, but what was that thing with Dickie V?

15. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,720
    It was SUPER awkward. Dickie V played it off like a professional, but there are a lot of people speculating that Knights mental state might not be great right now.

16. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,607
    Coach Knight is struggling. He may not have liked when Dick clapped him on the neck/shoulder. It’s like it startled him and he “fought” back. Would love to know what he says just then.

17. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Active Member

Money:
    $494
    I’ll own it. Completely misread the IU game. Was definitely taking a chance on St. Mary’s.

Overall pretty much an even day betting. Working on some new bankroll management plans and trying some things out.

Staxawax likes this.
  18. ButlerGrad1111

ButlerGrad1111 Active Member

Money:
    $315
    I think they are good friends but it was kind of weird I thought it was turning into a WWE set for a min. Little odd but I think it was all good fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,077
    If Knight is as bad on the senility/Alzheimer’s front as people are saying, I doubt Knight was playing around. They can be very erratic and are, often times, prone to aggression.

I’m glad he made it to the game. He might plateau, but it’s unlikely he’ll improve over time. Appropriate it was IU-PU. Keady also being there was a nice touch.

Hinkle likes this.
  20. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,637
    Vitale will not go silent on Knight until they name the court after him.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app