Other games thread discussion

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,722
    Looking at Knight’s-nose have to wonder if he is an alcoholic.

2. dawg767

dawg767 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $531
    On Twitter he said they need to build a statue of him outside Assembly Hall.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,509
    I wish there was more Sunday action. Saying that Wichita-Houston is ok action. Have Loyola over Valpo later. May jump on Washington.

4. dawg767

dawg767 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $531
    Well, at least we played better than the Shockers. Hideous performance. Hopefully Bguy03 didn't bet them;-)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Active Member

Money:
    $494
    I didn't. My recent lack of success has me rattled. Early season, I was up 500%, now back down to 300%. I have given up on the Big East and AAC. Both are totally unreliable. NBA has even become unreliable in the last month. If you follow any sharps, tout or not, it seems everyone has had a bad February.

6. willisbrown

Money:
    $7,509
    It turns around tonight 03...follow me into the darkness. It's time for the rise of deadbolt.

FSU +8
    Baylor -5.5
    TT -10

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  7. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,269
    DawgFan, #60, bmradio99 and 3 others like this.
  8. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $3,468
    Insane Dawg, estar20dawg and BUcheer like this.
  9. Robinzine Crying

Robinzine Crying Active Member

Money:
    $314
    I watched St. John's at Creighton on Saturday and was surprised to see Johnnies weren't pressing after made baskets. Just assumed they did that against all teams, but haven't watched them enough to know. Anyone have any insight (not that there's a chance in hell they won't press us again at our place)?

10. butlerguy03

Money:
    $494
    How dare you bring non-betting questions in here! No, seriously, I thought the same thing. Seems like Creighton would've been a good team to press.

On the degen side: not a lot going down tonight. I'm gonna go with some small school 1st half unders and maybe some road dogs (parlay FSU & Texas?). All small units. NBA - Hawks, 1Q & Points.

Robinzine Crying likes this.
  11. ButlerNut

Money:
    $6,269
    Baylor tried to hurt you. But you got it. I was waiting for the bad beat 3 to fall for Texas

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. butlerguy03

Money:
    $494
    Good calls last night Deadbolt Willis. I played FSU and Texas - I just think Baylor is going to lose soon, they didn't play that well last night. Texas is not good.

Big night ahead - a lot of line movement on North Carolina, went from +1 to -1.5 overnight. May have to fade the public on that one.

willisbrown likes this.
  13. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,295
    I don't gamble, so take my advice for what it's worth, but I would stay away from that one. Garrison Brooks got his eye poked pretty badly in the Duke game and didn't practice yesterday or Sunday. He's listed as questionable and apparently will be a gametime decision.

In my mind, with Brandon Robinson still out, Brooks is the key to which way this game will go. Without him, I expect a Wake win. With him, I expect UNC to cover that 1.5.

14. willisbrown

Money:
    $7,509
    You cannot stop the train, you can only be squashed by it. Saying that.

Two I like tonight are Virginia and Kentucky, both laying the points. The most interesting game to me is PSU-Purdue...PSU is rolling, big time rolling, but Purdue plays like a sure fire top 20 team at home. They are laying 5...not sure on this. Me thinks Purdue goes bananas again like usual at home, but I really, really like PSU this year.

15. ButlerNut

Money:
    $6,269
    I looked at the Purdue PSU game as well...and I wouldn't want to lay anything on it...for the reasons you stated.

I can't see Vandy staying within 11 of Kentucky...even though Vandy coming off their first conference win and playing at home.

Virginia...yikes...depends on which version of the team shows up.

16. butlerguy03

Money:
    $494
    As always, a lot of low dollar wagers, but here are my highlights:

Illinois ML at home vs Michigan State (Big Ten teams are insane at home, Illinois is good)
    Kentucky -12 at Vandy (Commodores are horrible, Kentucky is getting better, they win going away - I even bought an extra 1/2 point)
    Utah State -2 at Colorado State (Aggies and Rams battle for 2nd behind SDSU, Aggies won earlier in the season by 16 and are coming off a close call to Boise)
    Ole Miss ML vs Miss St (Willis Special - I am a rebel tonight)

Staying away from: NC/WF, ND/VA, TN/ARK

willisbrown likes this.
  17. willisbrown

Money:
    $7,509
    Double check Kentucky before you fire in...it's at -11 on my board. I jumped all over that.

I like the Utah St play. And we all should be rooting for Ole Miss, State is a top 40ish net team, would creep Ole Miss ever closer to top 75 net.

18. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,481
    PSU up 23 at Purdue in the second half!

We better not blow this...

19. willisbrown

Money:
    $7,509
    They are treating Purdue like their toilet.

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  20. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,481
    Up 16 with 4:20 to go!