Other games thread discussion

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Brett

Brett Active Member

Money:
    $185
    Just finished watching the end of the Marquette vs. Xavier game. With the new ruling by the NCAA allowing a waiver for all player this year, it really will
    help Xavier. Marquette took down a good Creighton team in Omaha and they played well in this game but Belmont transfer, Adam Kunkel was huge.
    Watch the replays on how he buries a fall back 3 pointer as time expires to lift Xavier to a 91 - 88 win. I watched this kid when he played for Belmont, he is the
    real deal. In the first game he played for Xavier, he comes off the bench and goes 7 for 9, 2 for 4 on 3's and 6 for 6 on free throws for a total of 22 points. This
    kid has ice in his veins. I think we will be hearing more from Xavier as the season progresses.

HoosierDawg and xufan02 like this.
  2. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,582
  3. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,582
    Update on Keyonte Johnson from Florida:

4. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Active Member

Money:
    $381
    Watching this 7’4” freshman on Purdue, Zach Edey, is just a punch in the gut. I wouldn’t say he moves fast but he is always in position and just doesn’t let people run past him. He makes his stance bigger so it slows the player down until help can get there, and if one does get past he is blocking that shot.

Just saw that he was just a 3- star and not even a top 300 player on 247. He was named big ten freshman of the week already.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

5. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,909
    I'd add that Mason Gillis is playing with purpose.

6. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,861
    He played at IMG academy. So he kinda got the Kamar Baldwin treatment of everyone paying attention to their galore of 5* and 4* recruits. Plus, he was coming off the bench behind said athletes. Then, he played AAU for one of the smaller Canadian teams instead of the Nike EYBL one... diamond in the rough.

But based off LaVall's first 3 classes, I don't think even if he saw him, that he's they type of big he wants?

7. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,861
    Also I'm not sure if you've heard, but did you know LaVall offered Jaxson Hayes before MTV stopped playing music?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    bmradio99 likes this.
  8. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,728
    To be fair, Jaxson was/is a totally different style of player. Jaxson was/is a rim runner. Edey is not.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,688
    Iowa smoked Purdue tonight...not saying Purdue is anything special but they're not just terrible. Also, NC St took down unc and I took in some of the San Diego St game...they had a hiccup this weekend but they looked the part tonight. Tore St Mary's limb from limb.

troggy likes this.
  10. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Active Member

Money:
    $381
    No— I guess it’s just frustrating to see 7’4” dudes move and block compared what we currently have with our largest guy.

11. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,186
    Tyrell Terry for NBA ROY at +11000...why not?

12. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,543
    Northwestern takes down Indiana in Bloomington. Miller Kopp, who was on Butler’s radar, played pretty well. Can shoot it and play with fire.

ButlerNut and troggy like this.
  13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,848
    [​IMG]

14. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $910
    Glad I saw this. I totally missed that game.

ButlerNut likes this.
  15. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,928
    Minnesota’s 102-95 OT win over Iowa was a very entertaining way to end the day. The Gophers came from 7 down with 40 seconds left in regulation to force OT. The two teams combined for 73 3-point attempts making 27.

troggy, seadawg and ButlerNut like this.
  16. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,519
    Didn’t Minny hit a tying 3 with like 5 seconds left in regulation?

ALWAYS FOUL. It’s so much more likely a team nails a 3 (a common occurrence) than a team makes a FT, misses on purposes, gets a tip or a rebound/putback. Ugh.

17. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,186
    This was a common issue talked about 2-3 years back on the forum. I don’t remember the source, but it actually came out to the same (essentially) win percentage for the team up three.

18. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,519
    Yeah I remember. And I call straight bullshit on that. I just refuse to believe letting a guy get off a 3 is a better play than putting a guy on the line. It just defies all logical sense.

19. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,343
    Kentucky is 1-6 for the first time since 1911.

20. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,186
    You hate to see it.

Tentozen likes this.