Other games thread discussion

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Nov 5, 2019.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,711
    No idea what to make of Arkansas this year. I do know TN is wildly talented. There's action everywhere tonight. Love hoops wednesdays.

2. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,593
    Remember just a couple years ago when people on this board said Shaka Smart was in over his head and Texas was never going to win with him?

DawgsMD likes this.
  3. willisbrown

Money:
    $10,711
    Uconn only laying 5 tonight at DePaul. Seems curious. Should be a good appetizer before the national championship game.

dawg767 likes this.
  4. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $848
    Agree completely, but nowhere near as curious as the point and half they ended up laying vs Butler a couple days ago. First time I've bet against Butler in forever. Seemed like free money tgtbt.

Anyway, all over UConn today in single bet and also in parlay with Loyola, Bradley, Boise M/L's and Colorado teased up to +5.5.

willisbrown likes this.
  5. willisbrown

Money:
    $10,711
    I love it.

6. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $848
    Willis, hopefully u jumped on my parlay. 4 down and Boise up 8 at Half. Certain jinx prolly but will risk it. Need Bama to cover 10.5 for another decent cash.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. willisbrown

Money:
    $10,711
    I didn't jump on the full parlay but I did straight plays on most of them and hit. Good calls there. I should have done the parlay. I'm sure that paid out well.

My biggest win was Bama of course. If you do nothing but ride Bama most years...you'll win at a very high clip. This year I was 11-2 riding them.

8. ButlerNut

Money:
    $7,593
    At least the Dawgs didn't go down like Wisky did against Michigan last night.

9. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,933
    DePaul @ Georgetown scheduled for tonight postponed due to COVID issues within Georgetown.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

10. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,414
    Watching Baylor tonight vs Kansas and I do believe they are e best team in the country.

I have seen zaga this year as well but Baylor is spot on in all positions and so under control and poised

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

willisbrown likes this.
  11. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,405
    While Baylor is very good and definitely the 2nd best team in the country, I have watched a ton of both teams this year and there is just no way they are better than Gonzaga. That Gonzaga team is one of the best teams I've ever seen in college basketball. Their defense and depth get lost by how good their offense is. While Baylor's defense is the best and just flat out elite, they don't have the depth, size or offense to stay with Gonzaga. My guess they are between 8-12 points better. But both are head and shoulders better than everyone else.

12. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,525
    This. Not sure on Baylor’s roster, but Gonzaga has the #1 overall pick (IMO... at least top 2) and two other starters who are going to the NBA in Timme (a 6’10 big that can bring it up the court) and Kispert (a 6’7 all-around player who is shooting like 48% from deep). Ayayi has NBA potential too. Their Backup guards are former starters, including one who played for Florida in Hinkle last year. They are loaded.

They could get upset (see Kentucky 2015), but this is one of the best college teams I have ever seen.

estar20dawg likes this.
  13. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $622
    Hope you all didn't take Baylor -8.5. Willis, is this you on the bottom right of the screen in the white hat as time expires?

14. willisbrown

Money:
    $10,711
    Ha...nope. I stayed away from that bad boy. It closed at 9 and I almost fired in, I didn't. Then I was mad for two hours at myself. In a blink I was glad I didn't play it. I would have lost my shiite.

Today is a new day though and there is a ton to play. I have no idea though Ohio St-Purdue. Both looked very solid this weekend. I think that line at 5.5 may be too big? I'm thinking one possession game.

Bet on Mississippi St. Ole Miss is in a free fall.

Best game of the night is Bama-LSU. I'll take Bama on the road. Damn o/u is 165.

15. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $622
    I don't remember who asked, but FanDuel just tweeted that they will be live in Michigan on Friday, and are offering $100 in free bets if you pre-register.

willisbrown and WDLTH like this.
  16. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,870
    First time in my life, I've wanted to bet on NCAA wbb... I've been looking everywhere for a Butler UCONN line. Can't find it anywhere. Help me @willisbrown ?

17. willisbrown

Money:
    $10,711
    It's nowhere on my board. But, I think your only option is to open an account with an off shore book (Bovada probably your best bet) and they have lines for women's hoops. I'm not sure if american sports books will have them or not.

18. ButlerNut

Money:
    $7,593
    Eight years ago today...

As Brad Stevens said - "There was a little bit of Hinkle Magic going on there"

Shimmy and BU Fan in Illinois like this.
  19. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $923
    I also marvel at how it looked like Khyle Marshall was going to be all alone for a lay-up, if Barlow hadn't traveled.

20. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,279
    I never noticed that. He certainly did break free.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops