Our first visit to Hinkle - recommendations please

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Tidezealot, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Tidezealot

Tidezealot New Member

Money:
    $21
    My wife and I will be traveling from Pennsylvania to see my customer west of Indianapolis and have timed the trip, so as to be able to attend our first Butler game at Hinkle Fieldhouse against DePaul.

We’ll need tickets and want decent seats to enjoy the game. How tough will it be to obtain tickets and where do y’all recommend buying ? Suggestion on sections for good view lines ?

Any “must visit “ places to eat while we’re in town ?

We’ve been fans since 2008 and are super excited for this experience.

Thanks in advance.

willisbrown and Shimmy like this.
  2. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,986
    There are still some tickets available for face value on Butler's ticketmaster page. Those are pretty cheap ($35/ticket), but they're at the very top of the upper level. It depends on your budget. Hinkle isn't big enough to have "bad" seats, but I do think it's a considerably better fan experience to be in the 100 or 200 level versus the very top of the Fieldhouse. If you're willing to pay $60-$100 per ticket, you can sit in the 200 level somewhere I'm sure if you do some shopping around on Stubhub and Vivid Seats.

As for eating, have you ever been to Indianapolis? If so, and you're looking for a "Butler" place, I'd go somewhere near Broad Ripple (about 1.5 miles northeast of campus). Several places there are flooded with Butler fans before games (e.g., HopCat or Twenty Tap). Or you could try to get to the Chatham Tap right next to Hinkle if you can be there early enough.

If you've never eaten anywhere in Indy, and you aren't looking for a "Butler" place - go to Bluebeard in Fountain Square a mile southeast of downtown. It's fantastic.

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  3. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,720
    I usually try to avoid a couple of the 200's section behind the goal. Unless you are in the first couple of rows, it can be hard to see the baseline and you have to watch some of the game on the scoreboard.

4. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,747
    100%. I hate having to point that out whenever someone says that there isn't a bad seat in Hinkle, but I too think it's worth pointing out. You do get a great vantage point of what you're able to see, but you can't see everything.

ConnersvilleBulldog likes this.
  5. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,986
    Fair. You should probably avoid the upper half of the baseline sections (the lower rows of the baseline sections are fantastic). Also, the 200 level corner sections are great.

pjohnsto2003 and UDDawg like this.
  6. btlrblldg

btlrblldg Active Member

Money:
    $472
    I always liked these seats, but I think a lot of it was because there was always space to get closer to the court back in the HoLeague days.

UDDawg likes this.
  7. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,295
    I love the way Butler fans always respond to these threads.

seadawg and huss587 like this.
  8. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,607
    Try Dawgs2014 on this board. He apparently has tickets to sell and would be nice to see them not go to a DePaul fan. Unless of course you are.