Past NCAA Tournament Games

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by BU_Moxy, Mar 12, 2020.

1. BU_Moxy

BU_Moxy Active Member

Money:
    $239
    Anyone know of a good place to get full length Butler NCAA Tournament games from past years? Thought I would watch a bunch of them since there is no NCAA Tournament anymore.

I found the Sweet Sixteen and on for the 2010 Tournament. I can post links if anyone else is interested in partaking.

Anyone else have any great Butler games or runs to watch?

rperk and dippper61 like this.
  2. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,315
    I would say YouTube or at one point an NCAA site had a website with a "vault" of all the gms

3. BU_Moxy

BU_Moxy Active Member

Money:
    $239
    2010 NCAA Championship Game vs. Duke

2010 NCAA Final Four Game Vs. Michigan State:

2010 NCAA Regional Final Game vs. Kansas State (Elite 8):

2010 NCAA Regional Semi Final Game vs. Syracuse (Sweet 16):

ButlerNut, bumba, NCJon and 4 others like this.
  4. BU_Moxy

BU_Moxy Active Member

Money:
    $239
    2011 NCAA Championship Game vs. UCONN:

2011 NCAA Final Four Game Vs. VCU:

2011 NCAA Regional Final Game vs. Florida (Elite 8):

2011 NCAA Regional Semi Final Game vs. Wisconsin (Sweet 16):

2011 NCAA Regional Quarter Final Game vs. Pitt (Round of 32) - Just a breakdown not the full game:

ButlerNut, bumba, Shimmy and 2 others like this.
  5. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,611
    I made a playlist for youtube last year: March Madness Upsets, full games

noltar, ButlerNut and BU_Moxy like this.
  6. readyletsgo

Money:
    $1,611
    Also, **** off whoever reported my channel and claimed copyright on the Butler vs Maryland and Butler vs Louisville games that I uploaded last year.

pappyball, noltar, ButlerNut and 3 others like this.
  7. dippper61

dippper61 Active Member

Money:
    $196
    This is great thanks sharing. I now have a reason to still take off work on Thursday and Friday! I will keep looking but if anyone finds full games of Utep, murray state, old dominion and pitt please share and post.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

BU_Moxy likes this.
  8. readyletsgo

Money:
    $1,611
    I've looked for years, but never found Butler/Utep, Butler/Murray, Butler/ODU (either one) or Butler/Pitt

9. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,908
    That ODU game in the second title game run was awesome. Howard’s tip-in, and his ability to always be in the right place, was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

MadDawg2020, cornette33 and ButlerNut like this.
  10. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,309
    Here's the final 30 seconds of Butler vs. ODU in 2011. I had forgotten that both Howard and Smith were in foul trouble much of the second half.

That weekend in D.C. with my son was the greatest basketball weekend ever--even better than the two Final Fours--with both the ODU and Pitt games.

cornette33 likes this.
  11. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,081
    God, forgot how horrible that last possession was in that game.

Tentozen and cornette33 like this.
  12. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,726
    It was sure a fun weekend, but it seems like a long time ago. Oh by the way the next weekend in New Orleans sure was fun also. Probably some of the best four
    game stretch in Bulldog history. God it was fun. Garret Butcher was the reason Butler beat Old Dominion!

DawgPoundMac, Tentozen and cornette33 like this.
  13. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,390
    In the 2010 run, I was struck by the fact that we weren't hot, Howard didn't shoot well from the line, Howard was in foul trouble a lot and hurt his head in Michigan St. game, Mack was out much of the State game with leg cramps. Point is, we were just good and overcame a lot to get to the title game. We weren't a team that got hot and had everything go our way.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

Tentozen likes this.
  14. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,819
    I’d argue we had a TON go our way:

- 13-seed Murray State upsets Vandy, so Butler misses 7’0 AJ Ogilvy, and we know size gave us problems bc the 2010 team wasn’t very big (Greg Monroe abused us earlier in the year).

- Butler gets 1-seed Syracuse minus their star big man Arinze Onuaku. Their size/rim protector was out. See above.

- Butler gets Kansas State after K-State had to play the later game and was taken to 2OT by X. They were clearly tired.

- Butler gets a 5-seed MSU in the Final Four who was down their best player in Kalin Lucas. MSU survived Maryland on a miracle 3 at the buzzer and missed 1-seed Kansas due to a fluke upset by Northern Iowa.

A ton broke right for Butler in the tourney, irrespective of how Butler itself played.

UDDawg and ButlerNut like this.
  15. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $3,789
    I’d argue until championship game, 2011 getting out of our region was the most impressive thing of all

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

PSUButlerFan and Insane Dawg like this.
  16. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,828
    I was at the Murray State game and felt they were the best team we played in the entire tournament. We were lucky to win that game and the subsequent games. Then we lose the final game to probably the weakest Duke team this century.

17. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,828
    The final game was brutal. Worst final ever and I bought four tickets costing $1600. I will never do that again.

18. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,819
    Agreed. ODU, Pitt, Wisky, and Florida were all at full strength. And VCU was the hottest team in the tourney.

The only luck we had was BYU forward Brandon Davies had sex and got suspended; otherwise they were probably the best team that year. Florida beat them in the Sweet 16, although with Davies they are likely a 1-seed.

19. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,175
    Everything an X fan would say to degrade the accomplishment.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,908
    My dad and brother still contend Butler should be thanking Xavier for wearing down KSU. It makes me want to vomit every time I hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

ButlerNut, BUcheer, #60 and 1 other person like this.