Past NCAA Tournament Games

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by BU_Moxy, Mar 12, 2020.

1. WAJC77

WAJC77 Active Member

Money:
    $317
    If you really need a tournament fix, looks like CBS Sports Net is showing the Shelvin Mack special (Butler v Pitt, 2011 ncaa tourney) at 2am ! eastern time Tonight... if your sleepless due to quarantine :)

2. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,238
    Yeah I taped it and the game wasn't even on. It was Lehigh Vs. Duke. What BS.

mwall787 and bumba like this.
  3. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,970
    I did the same thing.

bumba and dippper61 like this.
  4. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,238
    Talk about a major bummer. Was looking forward to it. I tried to see if it was going to be reaired but I didn't have any luck

5. BU_Moxy

BU_Moxy Active Member

Money:
    $239
    Watching the 2010 national semifinals versus MS. I had forgotten how ku h fo a defensive stud Norad was. He was all over the court not only stopping his man but helping out others when a MSU playerngot past them. Flying to the ball life crazy and communicating actively on defensive rotations. Just insane how tough Norad was.

#60 likes this.
  6. WAJC77

WAJC77 Active Member

Money:
    $317
    I love how he tracks Santa on Christmas Eve too :rolleyes: (sorry, couldnt resist the good natured dig) :D

ButlerNut, butlerguy03, #60 and 3 others like this.
  7. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $6,970
    Did these get taken down?

8. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,828
    They are all available on YouTube.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $6,970
    When I click on them they don’t play? And I’ve tried searching them on YouTube - no luck?

10. huss587

huss587 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $455
    I’m not sure what happened?? I watched some of the Butler/FL game last Sunday on YouTube... When I searched Thursday and yesterday - gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ConnersvilleBulldog likes this.
  11. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,254
    I watched Butler - VCU 2011 last night. Was debating whether or not I actually want to watch the Uconn game... It would be interesting if they were removed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $3,675
    It appears some have been removed and some have not. Lame, used to watch sweet 16 to nat championship both years at least once a year

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

huss587 and TheDawgDub95 like this.
  13. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $671
    K-State game cannot be be found.

14. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $3,675
    #60 likes this.
  15. BU_Moxy

BU_Moxy Active Member

Money:
    $239
    Yeah most have been taken down (I assume for copyright issues).. agree that it is frustrating when all but a couple are not readily available through the NCAa/CBS and there is not tournament this year.

16. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,102
    Just re-watched the game. I was at the game but this is the first time I've watched the broadcast. A few things that I had forgotten:

--Butler was the first team ever to reach the Final Four by beating the #1 seed (Pitt) and #2 seed (Florida) in its region in two straight years (corrected per Staxawax; thanks, Stax). Defeated Syracuse (#1) and Kansas State (#2) in 2010.
    --Dawgs went up 5-0 but VCU went on a 15-2 run.
    --VCU started out 3-5 on threes but went 2-17 the rest of the game.
    --Marshall couldn't make a shot but was a beast on the boards (9 rebounds), especially the offensive glass (5 boards).
    --Butler initially had some trouble with the VCU press but ended up with only 9 turnovers for the game.
    --Both Howard and Mack sat at the same time in the first half and Butler had a great run in that time.
    --Butler had a 6-point lead at half but VCU went on a 7-0 run to start the second half. In the first 3 1/2 minutes of the half, Butler had 0 points and 4 turnovers.
    --At one point when Butler was struggling, Hahn hit two straight threes.
    --Mack scored 10 straight points (of his 24) for Butler at one point mid-second half to give Butler its biggest lead (6 points) to that point.
    --Howard had only one foul in the first half but picked up three in the first 11 minutes of the second; sat down with four fouls with about 9 minutes left, sat until about the 3-4 minute mark
    --Jamie Skeen was a monster for VCU (27 points).
    --With Butler up 7 with about a minute to go, Nored gave VCU a chance for a 4-point play when he fouled Skeen on a made 3-pointer. Fortunately, Skeen missed the FT.
    --If you like to watch good defense, Butler's was a pleasure to watch.
    --Stan Howard looked a lot different without a beard.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020 at 11:49 PM
  17. Staxawax

Money:
    $10,828
    You should have listened a little closer (I watched the game today also). Butler was the 1st team to beat the #1 and #2 seeds in consecutive years to reach the final four.

18. Staxawax

Money:
    $10,828
    You should have listened a little closer (I watched the game today also). Butler was the 1st team to beat the #1 and #2 seeds in consecutive years to reach the final four.

19. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,743
    CBS showing 2010 title game at 4:00.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

20. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,639
    Who wants to torture themselves watching that game. I was sitting baseline and GH's second last shot still haunts me. Swore that was going in. Havent watched a replay to this day.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Butler Hoops mobile app

2xDawg likes this.