Paul Jorgensen - Transfer Guard (Verbal)

Discussion in 'Current Butler Players' started by UDDawg, May 11, 2016.

1. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,102
    Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 24s25 seconds ago
    GW transfer Paul Jorgensen has committed to Butler, his AAU coach told @CBSSports. Sit one, play two. Good get for Chris Holtmann.

2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,697
    Wow! Wonder what CH sees that GW didn't?

3. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,176
    Interesting. It's hard to understand from the outside looking in (he was 8-45 from 2P range in A-10 play....), but we will see. They see something I guess, and it's not like we are desperate for scholarships.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  4. Bulldawg

Bulldawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $590
    I don't know about this. What's the appeal?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,102
    Yeah, as long as #1 turns out to be true I'll be fine with it. It can be a little hard to keep in mind that not every transfer is meant to come in and star. We've been pretty spoiled by the success of transfers into the program (Miller, Polk, Campbell, Green, Clarke, etc.), but this looks to have a different purpose than those guys.

6. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,079
    I'll move all the old posts from the transfer thread over here later tonight when I get a chance. I wanted to go ahead and get the thread up for discussion though.

7. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,585
    I'll take wasting scholarships for $40,000 (or so), Alex.

What in the holy hell?

8. willisbrown

Money:
    $1,585
    Zero.

9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,160
    Agree, as long as PJ can back up Baldwin at the 1 and we can find a top 2017 to play the 2, we could be OK. Not thrilled, but as many top PG's as we missed on this year it is also not surprising. The bigger question might become who plays the 2 in the future.

10. gutshot

gutshot New Member

Money:
    $5
    I'm guessing you have never seen him play, but by all means trash him...

11. WMUDog

WMUDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $194
    Since there is zero reason we were desperate to get this guy, I am going to trust the coaches that they see something that can develop. And that was a good point about Savage input. No doubt they asked for his input.

12. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $11,697
    Is it possible he worked out in Hinkle and they liked what they saw? One positive is he chose us over Hofstra and Northeatern.

13. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,746
    I know people are going to *****, but I really don't have a problem with the commitment.

Butler never uses all 13 scholarships, so it's not like the spot wasn't available. Also, it acts as an insurance policy. Butler is still going to hit the guard market very hard. But at least now they at least have depth after 2016.

14. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $11,697
    When exactly is Butler going on to hit the guard market very hard? I'm depressed. But fortunately Watkins, Whitehead, Brunson and Sumner will be gone by the time Jorgensen is eligible.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  15. willisbrown

Money:
    $1,585
    Heh, I watch a lot more bball than most, because I have zero responsibility in my life other than work, and like baseball, I'm a basketball junkie. I've seen him. He's a low major player (from what I saw) so I'm not high on him. Not to mention he committed the millisecond he was offered, the competition for his services are teams that we shouldn't even be in the same boat with in talking about, when it comes to recruiting...so no, I'm not high on this move at all and think it was a mistake. If they saw something in him they liked and think with a year off they can tap into, I *guess* I'm ok with it, but the move screams of desperation and mediocrity. So, that bothers me.

And in the end, isn't that ok? I don't like the move. Maybe I'm right (probably am because I'm brilliant) or maybe he blossoms....time will tell but I think it's a waste of a scholly for now. What REALLY concerns me is that this kid is not a BE caliber player, that's ok, those can be used in spot time here and there. BUT, doesn't it strike you (or anyone) as a little curious, that, knowing that, we still offered? Makes me very worried about 2017's class' outlook. But that's just me and my opinion. It will show out on the court whether I'm right or wrong.

Sorry for long response, these are annoying. But, wanted to express that so you could see where I am coming from.

16. willisbrown

Money:
    $1,585
    See, I disagree here. I think this screams of a "move" just to make a "move" and have a body. If they were confident in their 17 class, no way they use a scholly on a low major player. This very much discourages me as to the direction of things, not really this coming year, but going forward after.

17. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $11,697
    I indeed think if it doesn't scream of desperation it screams " this is the best we can do". I don't normally agree with Willis but on this one he is right. After watching Jared's highlight video on Twitter of Jorgensen I'm even more depressed. Got to go take a cold shower and a sleeping pill. This is just sad.

18. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,102
  19. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,746
    Getting depressed over spring basketball recruiting is no way to go through life.

If we fill all the remaining spots with low-major players, then I'll panic. I guess I just refuse to lose my **** over recruiting in May.

20. Alcohol101

Alcohol101 Active Member

Money:
    $229
    At worst he is a bench player. We need guards and got one. There will be 12 other people on the team. Plus he has 3 years to work on his game. Welcome Paul.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk