Paul Jorgensen - Transfer Guard (Verbal)

Discussion in 'Current Butler Players' started by UDDawg, May 11, 2016.

1. SchlabbaDawg

SchlabbaDawg Member

Money:
    $3,081
    I like the optimism, and anytime you can quote Hoosiers...that's a win.

2. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $661
    The Washington Post just reported the following on Thursday, July 21:

"George Washington coach Mike Lonergan faces accusations of verbal and emotional abuse, The Washington Post reported Thursday.
    A Colonials player, quoted anonymously, complained to the university's Title IX coordinator in April. The Post interviewed several players on Lonergan's behavior that was believed to lead to the transfer of 13 players in the coach's five year tenure.
    One player said: “A lot of kids transfer because they have delusions of grandeur. Nobody transferred from GW with delusions of grandeur. They just transferred because they hated (Lonergan). They couldn’t stand another second of him. Players accused Lonergan of making comments that included telling a player he should transfer to a transgender league. Neither Lonergan nor GW athletics director Patrick Nero immediately responded to requests for comment from USA TODAY Sports.”

On top of that, this college basketball coach was kicked out of his daughters JV basketball game earlier this year. Classy.

I feel bad for GW fans and players but good for Kethan and PJ.

Go Dawgs!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  3. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Super Moderator VIP Member

Money:
    $2,493
    Yeah, that's not going away any time soon. Some of the things he reportedly said to his players, both about them and the AD, probably going to follow him and the GW program for awhile.

4. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,781
    Some very damaging news coming out of GW just when their program had risen to prominence.

IMO, very good chance Lonergan will be pushed out the door.

5. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $661
    I hope they fire him tomorrow. GW is a good school - they deserve better.

6. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $661
    Its about time this happened. Glad PJ and Kethan are with us now. Good luck to GW and their fans.

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken 10h10 hours ago
    BREAKING: George Washington has fired basketball coach Mike Lonergan, per person informed of situation.

7. bobbu64

bobbu64 Member

Money:
    $70
    I hope the A------ stays unemployed for a long long time. Maybe he can play HORSE with Rice, the former Rutgers coach. Both are 1st class dorks.

8. NotJuanJones

NotJuanJones New Member

Money:
    $16
    Question: does anyone have any idea if Butler can or will petition NCAA to see if Jorgensen can be eligible for this (2016-17) season? Isn't this similar to what happened at Rutgers with Rice? All of those players who transferred were able to play the next season; the NCAA evidently decided they shouldn't be punished for fleeing a program that was abusive to them...

9. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,441
    It's very, very unlikely. I know of many players who have submitted waivers for similar circumstances and been denied. Additionally, he's probably more valuable to have next year and after than this year and next.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

dippper61 likes this.
  10. LA-OC-IE

LA-OC-IE Active Member

Money:
    $172
  11. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $795
    Paul's a really good kid. Wish him the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

12. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $661
    Here is an informal interview PJ gave this summer in Queens, NY about coming to Butler among other topics. Interesting he says only positive things about GW (I think that's a credit to him and GW). This young man seems like a total class act. I'm glad we have him at BU.

Go Dawgs!

13. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17

Is this our pg?!?!

14. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,596
    You know it's the offseason when we start using streetball highlights to try and pump ourselves up for an incoming player... I'm not writing him off, but come on. It's streetball.

huss587 likes this.
  15. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,292
    A thing I like is PJ's posture when handling the ball. He stays low and that is a good attribute.

16. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,690
    Yea this is the guy Willis said we wasted a scholarship on.

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  17. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,292
    Quickness and defense may end up being an issue, but that remains to be seen.

18. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,324
    How can you not like someone with the nickname, Prince Harry of Harlem!

19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,340
  20. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,690
    Quickly becoming one of my favorite Dawgs. What's not to like?