Payton Pritchard - 2016 Point Guard (Oklahoma)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $20,109
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2014
  2. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $20,109
    That's about as far away as you can go in the US to get a recruit, but I like what I read about him.

3. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,797
  4. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,349
    Wasn't Brad out in Oregon last week? I know 2016 is a bit off the radar at this point, but a kid wearing your colors hopefully gets someone's attention.

5. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $20,109
  6. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Eric Bossi‏@ebosshoops21h
    2016 PG Payton Pritchard has one hell of a feel for the game to just be be a freshman. Baller

7. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $20,109
  8. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Corey Pegram‏@CoreyPegram22 Jul
    2016 Team Fast PG Payton Pritchard tells me Tennessee, Arkansas and Washington are now recruiting him

9. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    LeftCoastRecruiting ‏@LC_Recruiting 1h
    2016 Payton Pritchard (West Linn, OR) will take an unofficial visit to Notre Dame Sept 27th and an unofficial visit to Stanford in October

10. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Matt Prehm ‏@Prehmmr247 4h
    2016 PG Payton Pritchard out of West Linn HS in Oregon is taking an unofficial visit to Notre Dame today

11. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,984
    Anyone know if this is still relevant, or if he was a guy who would only consider Butler with Stevens at the helm?

12. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Brian Flinn‏@BFlinnFuture1501h
    2016 West Linn (OR) PG Payton Pritchard lists an offer from Oregon State. Interest from BC, Stan, Villanova, Gonzaga, Oregon & Notre Dame

-----------

Might be able to archive this. I don't think this is going to go anywhere especially with our 15 interest in Bolden and 16 interest in Goodin, plus they are checking out a 15 PG up in Chicago Thurs.

13. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $20,109
    I checked in to see if Butler is still active here. They just went out to watch a practice about a week ago and talk to his dad a lot. I would assume there is an offer here in June. This is the type of player Butler really needs. Top 50 recruit who also is an excellent fit for the program.

14. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,984
    Wow! I'm extremely glad we're still in contact with him. He seemed to have atypically strong interest for a west coast kid when Brad first started looking at him. Agree with you completely, ButlerWay.

15. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Pastner of Memphis has evidently been talking with him.....

IIRC Pritchard took a visit to Notre Dame also. He obviously has no problems leaving Oregon behind....

Butler Way: you watched him at North Central, no? I didn't see his game(s). What did you think? How big is he? Really....in your opinion. I've heard from a few people that he is very small. That the 6'1 height isn't legit.

16. BUcheer

Money:
    $8,797
    You mean that BU is recruiting and watching kids and us fans don't know about it in real time? LOL:)

17. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $20,109
    No, I didn't get to. I did an interview with him and was scheduled to go watch him but my plans ended up changing. That was the day where he created some buzz by walking into the gym with a Butler sweatshirt on. As for his height, I'm not really sure. Was this from last summer? He was listed at 6'0" last summer and was expected to be 6'2" - 6'4" when he is done growing (his dad is 6'5"). So he very well could have grown since whoever it was saw him last.

18. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $20,109
    He does look fairly short in this video from the USA camp:

19. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,193
    *sigh*

This crap again? Nobody has ever said that we as fans know everything the staff does. We do, however, know of players who have significant mutual interest. Offers, visits, top school choices, etc. simply do not go unreported in this day and age.

Find me one example of where it did. You cant.

Nobody cares to enough to follow every single open gym a coach attends . . . so sure, that stuff slips by. Doesn't mean much, though.

20. BUcheer

Money:
    $8,797
    Agree that we as fans know of offers, official visits, and significant interest (for the most part). But when the handwringing (and staff blasting) about recruiting based on tip of the iceberg information kicks in, that gets old quick. I realize that in a vacuum of information, people will jump in with their own conclusions--just don't see the need for some to go so negative when given the choice.

I disagree about open gyms not meaning much. Indicates interest--esp. when going to the west coast. I consider on campus visits meaningful. The summer visits often go unreported. Even some attending BU games go unreported. Derrick Smits is a good example of people thinking that recruitment was dead in the water--when clearly it's not. Unless you think he was there for X:)