Political Discussion: Women's March

Discussion in 'Non Sports' started by I like turtles, Jan 22, 2017.

1. I like turtles

I like turtles Active Member

Money:
    $388
    Admin note: This thread has been split from another thread to get politics out of the basketball discussion.

Irony?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2017
  2. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,885
    Irony?[/QUOTE]

I wasn't going to comment, but I will admit I laughed when I read joliebeth's post.

3. JMCBigWayne

JMCBigWayne Active Member

Money:
    $99
    How does this represent irony?

4. joliebeth23

joliebeth23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,228
    Yeah, not sure that it's ironic or funny in any way, but to each his own. For the record, I can count on one hand the number of games I've missed watching in real time over the past decade, and I'm really loud when I'm in Hinkle. ;-)

Even my friends were chuckling at me yesterday because I was keeping an ear on the game the whole time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

NCJon and JMCBigWayne like this.
  5. Colin Taylor

Colin Taylor Active Member

Money:
    $236
    Butler won...you move on

Trump won...you move on, but apparently the people who were terrified that he wouldn't accept the results of election are now the ones not accepting the results of the election #HypocrisyAtIt'sBest

Time to move on and accept the inevitable truth

6. joliebeth23

Money:
    $3,228
    I'm sure you're popular with the ladies, Colin.

NCJon, Hinkle, bmradio99 and 2 others like this.
  7. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $724
  8. halftime_floor_sweeper

Money:
    $3,885
    I don't know, he might be quite popular with the 95% of American women who felt no need to protest.

I like turtles likes this.
  9. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,490
    I bet Colin has this poster in his room:

[​IMG]

10. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,490
    Where did you get those numbers? Is that you, Sean Spicer?!?

11. Dawgs4Life

Dawgs4Life Active Member

Money:
    $133
    Well since there were 125 million female adults in the US in 2014, and I highly doubt there were over 6 million females marching yesterday, I'd say those numbers are sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like turtles likes this.
  12. halftime_floor_sweeper

Money:
    $3,885
    Oh hell yes, it's personal cheap shots from people who claim outrage at a politician for taking personal cheap shots.

FRENCH DAWG and I like turtles like this.
  13. joliebeth23

Money:
    $3,228
    Straw man argument. You have no way of knowing anyone's motivation to not march.

Anyway, it's cool. Colin and I made up privately. Can everyone simply go back to talking about basketball? #GoDawgs

Colin Taylor likes this.
  14. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,184
    Thank you Jolie and Colin. I was just going to comment that I am pretty sure that there are R's and D's here; men and women; Trump supporters and Trump haters. But this is a place to talk about Butler Basketball. Let's leave politics to CNN or Fox

Colin Taylor, #60 and Dawgs2412 like this.
  15. JMCBigWayne

JMCBigWayne Active Member

Money:
    $99
    Maybe Jared can delete this thread before I say something I regret to a whole bunch of guys that just don't get it. This is coming from a guy by the way. But I agree with the sentiment that we should keep to the Dawgs.

16. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,949
    I've moved the political discussion to the off topic section. So if anyone wants to continue to discuss these types of things they can, but the 95% of the board who wants to forget about politics while on here can choose to ignore this thread.

indienapolis, ButlerNut and #60 like this.
  17. KB3

KB3 Member

Money:
    $126
    95% seems low. Just delete this crap.

18. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,035
    Protesting to make a point about policy means you don't accept the results of the election? "Accepting" his occupancy of the office requires silence in regards to his policy? Is that your position? Is that hypocrisy?

19. I like turtles

I like turtles Active Member

Money:
    $388
    Three things:

1. I was kidding. People take themselves way too seriously. I wasn't really making a serious point just thought it was funny that you felt compelled to mention that you were at an event which was/is the most perfect example of not moving on.

2. I remember a few years back, there would a woman who would shriek so incredibly loud that it would scare me when an opponent was shooting a FT. I pray that wasn't you. You could hear it on TV too.

3. Political message: you are categorically more capable of making yourself, those you care about and anyone else more happy/wealthy/heathly than any politician living thousands of miles away does. Whoever let's politicians dictate their happiness only has themselves to blame.

BHayden likes this.
  20. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,527
    Could we have a discussion thread about how much chicken grease Ryan Grigson uses in his hair?