Poll: Kethan Savage Season Season Grade

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Jared Grubbs, Apr 17, 2017.

?

How would you grade Kethan Savage's performance this season?

1. A+

2. A

3. A-

4. B+

5. B

6. B-

7. C+

8. C

9. C-

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $12,102
    We continue down the line. Up next is Kethan Savage. Please cast your vote to grade his performance this season. Remember that all players should be graded on the same scale, with A+ being the highest and C- being the lowest. Think of it as grading the players like they are in NBA 2k. The fan grades so far have been

Kamar Baldwin: A
    Andrew Chrabascz : A-
    Tyler Lewis: B+
    Tyler Wideman: B
    Avery Woodson: B
    Nate Fowler: C+

2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,969
    B. Nonexistent at the beginning (not really his fault), too many bad plays at the end. Many good ones however, so he should be about the same as Avery or Wideman.

3. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Active Member

Money:
    $887
    Dude was not afraid to drive to the rim. For that, I'm thankful that he was on the team.

bmradio99 likes this.
  4. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,049
    Started off slow from his infection, but he ended up being a really important piece for this team. He also was a key factor in one of the biggest regular-season wins Butler has ever had (home vs. Nova).

5. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,281
    Yup. If people are going to go gaga over Nate Fowler for bailing Butler out of the game @ Georgetown, Savage has to get credit for the Nova game.

6. Tiles52

Tiles52 Member

Money:
    $54
    I don't know about people going gaga over Nate Fowler, but I do believe that we don't win that game against Georgetown without Fowler's input.

7. Baddog Sucks

Baddog Sucks New Member

Money:
    $21
    He was just terrible to watch. It was like watching a smaller, weaker Rosie. No way he should be ranked close to avery woodson. I'm just still mad that Holtman played Savage instead of Lewis most of the time. His contributions on the defensive end did not warrant the amount of game time he was given. His lazy passes and turnovers made me so triggered. Could'nt run the offense to save his life, it was mainly pick and rolls the entire game while Kethan was at point. Unfortunetly, this is what believe we will come to see in future years.

8. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,877
    That was pretty damn harsh! He came and pushed thru a lot of adversity and we wouldn't have gotten as far as we did with out him. Like MOST college players he had some limitations, but played hard and played well most of the time.

9. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,833
    Lol, "so triggered."

Tentozen likes this.
  10. shoeevv

shoeevv Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $124
    I graded him lower than, I think, anyone, because he never let the game come to him. He always seemed to me to have made up his mind what he was going to do - on both offense and defense - without waiting for the situation to dictate the move. When his decision turned out to be right or his shot was falling, he looked good, but more times than not, it got him and consequently the team, into bad situations. Also, as opposed to AC and Baldwin, in particular, he did not have the ability to be multi-dimensional and help the team in other ways when his "move" - going hell bent for election to the rim and drawing contact and scoring - wasn't working. I do think there were times when his size did make a difference, but I think he had a "C" season.

11. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,412
    Wonder how you would have graded Rose Jones?

12. shoeevv

Money:
    $124
    Valid point, but I think Rose had a much better feel for a game. He understood his strengths and limitations better than almost anyone and played accordingly.

13. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,412
    Agree on that. Apparently Jones is doing OK in the D league. I'm not sure whether that surprised me or not.

14. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Active Member

Money:
    $350
    This is a comically bad take, with equally putrid English.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

15. Eric

Eric Active Member

Money:
    $2,833
    It's a troll post. It's not intended to be taken as a serious opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Active Member

Money:
    $311
    I take it you didn't vote because, as near as I can tell, B- is the lowest grade given thus far. I actually agree with many of your points, but I came to a B-.

17. shoeevv

Money:
    $124

I did vote. I can see my "C" vote and there's one "C-" vote now. Sidd, the math is off on the poll, it show's 0% for those two votes, but it shows them each having a vote. I also don't think I stated that BU needed Savage this year. We would have been much worse off without him, given the roster. I still think he was only a "C" though.

Now it shows the percent and the votes. Who knows, maybe it was right all along. I was a Geography major, not statistics.

18. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Active Member

Money:
    $311
    Yeah, there's one C vote and one C- vote showing up now. Not sure how that happens. Maybe I missed those before, but I don't think so.

19. bu1973

bu1973 Active Member

Money:
    $186
    First thing, my opinion is that anyone good enough to play for Butler should at least get the gentleman's C like in Harvard.
    The main problem with Savage was a simple one for me, he was totally played out of position. In my opinion a point guard should be first, a shot creator for teammates. ( Like Lewis) Savage was a decent player if he could play a two or as a third guard. That was his skill set, score. The ability to make others better is a gift and Savage like Roosevelt did not have an eye for that. That is not a character flaw, but a specific skill which he really did not have. I am glad we had him and I wish we could have used him differently. I hope his Butler experience was a positive one. I give him a B- but I do not think that was totally his fault.

20. Butler294

Butler294 New Member

Money:
    $20
    I know it's a Butler forum but the amount of homers (or worse just ignorant fans) is a little ridiculous. Savage definitely had his moments but the fact that 75% of people rated him as a 'B' or higher is beyond comprehension. Any knowledgeable fan can see his too many turnovers or notice that when he entered the game butler went from an assist oriented offense to a dribble dribble take a bad shot offense.

I agree with bu1973 he was miscast as a point guard but there is also no denying the lack of ball movement and increase in turnovers that occurred on his watch. I let nostalgia get the best of me (Nova) and gave him a C+ but even that feels too high.