Post Your Stupid Coronavirus Takes Here

Discussion in 'Non Sports' started by bmradio99, Mar 10, 2020.

1. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,442
    I'm just starting a thread so we can move these arguments away from the Providence game thread, the conference tournament thread, the NCAAT thread, and I'm assuming this has infiltrated the Other Sports Butler Baseball thread or something by now as well.

formz42 likes this.
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,812
    Coronavirus is stupid...

And corona beer tastes like skunk feces.

3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,902
    I didn’t know what skunk feces tasted like.

dawgs2014 likes this.
  4. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,703
    This describes a bunch of you...

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

- Isaac Asimov

5. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,268
    This is going to take away from about 6 other threads. Because it is trumping (no pun intended) any tourney plans at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. pharmtard09

pharmtard09 Active Member

Money:
    $47
    I want to say that the Coronavirus is overrated, but then again I don't want to give it any bulletin board material. However, until it starts dominating on the road like it has in China, I'm not willing to say that it is an elite virus.

7. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,442
    https://butlerhoops.com/forum/index.php?threads/navigating-covid-19.2786/ already existed and had discussion (thanks Stax), and for that I'm sorry for creating a duplicate thread.
    I'm not sorry for asking a few of you to take your arguments about the stock market and Chinese consumer goods and savings accounts to a different thread of a basketball message board.
    Game thread is starting to look like the Facebook comments on a local news page.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  8. BUBBALUM

BUBBALUM Active Member

Money:
    $309
    My NYC trip is being cut short not by coronavirus, but my aunt passing this morning. Only catching the Thursday game before I have to leave.

bmradio99 likes this.
  9. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,812
    Damn dude, sorry to hear that. Try and enjoy Thursday, you'll be able to do up NYC about as cheap as you'll ever get to. Thoughts to your family.

DawgPoundMac and 2xDawg like this.
  10. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,465
    I mean sure it got to Iran but Iran didn't have Evan Turner.

11. pharmtard09

Money:
    $47
    Quad 3 win at best, would have been quad 2 if they had Evan Turner.

12. DawgFan

DawgFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $436
    The April NAB (National Assoc. of Broadcasters) Convention in in Las Vegas has just been cancelled. I have attended every NAB since 1978...

With 1,000 exhibitors, over 100,000 people attend this show from 60 countries.

This is a big deal.

Sidd Finch likes this.
  13. btlrblldg

btlrblldg Active Member

Money:
    $496
    I work in hotels, we scrubbed $1M out of our forecast for the next 90 days yesterday. We're about to start having conversations about people's livelihoods. Regardless of how deadly the disease is or isn't, it's affecting peoples lives.

joliebeth23, jeff and Sidd Finch like this.
  14. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,310
    Sorry
    Sorry you will miss your event, you were probably looking forward to it. Probably an appropriate decision in light of the global attendees.

DawgFan likes this.
  15. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,812
    Cobb County, GA with it's first case. It's coming after me!!!!! Panic!!

jkcdawgs likes this.
  16. pharmtard09

Money:
    $47
    Coronavirus with the upset for the National Championship. Move aside '85 Villanova.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

17. DawgFan

DawgFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $436
    Thanks, BUcheer. I appreciate your comment, and I also agree with the decision to cancel it.

18. Clevedog

Clevedog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $489
    Last year the Dawgs sucked, and I knew this year Cleveland would host the first two rounds. What a surprise, the Dawgs will be in, and since it is fans only they will probably get sent here to Cleveland. I have waited many years for this to happen, and finally it could happen. My wife and I will be the only two standing in front of their assigned Holiday Inn with our welcome to Cleveland sign. Perhaps the field houses will put up wide screen TV's like they do for the world series or football playoffs? I understand the seriousness of the Corona Virus, I just wonder how strange the Tournament could be this year. Stay well to all of you.

19. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,310
    Posting here as it might fall under stupid—but if we’ve reached the point when gatherings of 15,000 people shouldn’t take place, then why aren’t other actions being taken such as closing public schools, no recreational air travel, concerts, etc. This just seems so selective. Just lower the boom on everything non-essential if that’s what it takes?

20. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,902
    Too bad the final four isn’t in Indy this year as they may have changed the venue to Hinkle.