Post Your Stupid Coronavirus Takes Here

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by bmradio99, Mar 10, 2020.

1. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,045
    Oh sorry. Let me meet in the “middle”.

We’ll only kill off HALF the old people, so that will save half the economy!!! Phew. Compromise.

Not to mention this would have the opposite effect you stupid ****ing moron.

I don’t ever want to hear “Pro Life” from any Republican that endorses this sick, twisted, ignorant and illogical “idea”.

Tentozen likes this.
  2. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $12,045
    No I’m just embarrassed to be associated with someone who thinks we should risk lives so Trump stops losing money on his hotels and all of us can feel rosy about our 401ks.

Seriously... at the base of this disgusting thought process is level of stupidity these ppl have Bc it would have the opposite effect.

I make a huge salary. I love making money. I also don’t think people should die so I can continue to do so. Nor do I think we should mortgage the future of our planet so a few old fat white guys can have more money than others during their short time on said earth. There’s a bigger picture than your shortsightedness allows you to see.

Tentozen and dawgs2014 like this.
  3. dawgy dawgy

dawgy dawgy Member

Money:
    $132
    Everyone should be a Democrat and Pelosi should be the dictator!! Hooray!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. Dewars12

Dewars12 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $954
    Asimov's quote is always used by people that think they are the intellectual. In fact, I find the quote to be a mousetrap for those that are intellectually insecure and parrot such things to make themselves feel better about where they reside. I find it unfortunate people want to use such a devastating event to feel morally or intellectually superior. And, yes, people of my grandparents' generation have given their lives for the betterment of this country, their children, and their children's children - please don't disrespect their opinion because it differs from yours. None of us have an inkling of a clue of what they sacrificed for their country and family.

Dunhamfor3, Staxawax and dawgy dawgy like this.
  5. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,734
    No, I just don’t want to kill my grandma for your portfolio, chief.

Tentozen, PSUButlerFan and dawgs2014 like this.
  6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,086
    I'm so confused. Glad I was at a bar all day. Beats this convo.

7. Dewars12

Dewars12 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $954
    Ha, I wish I had a portfolio. I know we are not supposed to review past data on influenza, but it helped me greatly with my anxiety about the current events. Current worldwide deaths from Covid-19 is just shy of 19K (18.6K). The 2018-2019 influenza season, the CDC reported 34.2K deaths in the US alone (35.5M sick, 16.5M seek care, and 490K hospitalized (US)). Anyway,I have a child with asthma with a significant history of pneumonia - I don't take this lightly. I just think we need to be more respectful of those that have far more experience than us.

8. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,261
    It’s not even like this is so people can their money. If the government doesn’t value your life, what makes they think they value your wealth??

It’s about votes. It’s about power. It’s not about giving to society, it’s about exploiting its ignorance.

If anyone can’t see that, well, I have bad news for you...

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  9. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,340
  10. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $12,045
    My dad - from Indy the reason for my Butler fandom - was drafted during the Vietnam War and went and served this country. Please don’t ever tell me I don’t understand what sacrifice is. My mom lost half her high school class by the time she graduated from Penn State.

I just don’t want him to have lived thru that and then go on to have a successful life only to die from a disease because people like you think there’s two sides or we should all ignore this so we can lose a little less money. The fact that there’s even another side to this is why I don’t bother trying to find common ground. You’re willing to sacrifice millions of ppl for money. What in the absolute f.u.c.k?

11. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $12,045
    Sorry to be on my intellectual high horse, but they really are the absolute dumbest people...

8C29BC34-FD94-4D5D-9AB7-0BD9784A79A9.jpeg

estar20dawg and jeff like this.
  12. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,461
    There are really “just the flu” takes out there still?

13. dawgy dawgy

dawgy dawgy Member

Money:
    $132
    Jesus man these liberals will drive you insane with all the crap they spew out. Just a reminder Trump will get re-elected and then you all can spend your next 4 years trying petty impeachments

14. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,261
    And I’ll just add that If that measure is taken it is likely to lead to more economic damage than if it isn’t. No one is going to gain economically when millions are dying.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  15. BUBBALUM

BUBBALUM Member

Money:
    $113
    Well, at least Butler isn't sending its kids back to class like Liberty University.

16. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,690
    Liberty is a cult.

17. wazthree

wazthree Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,931
    @PSUButlerFan you are insane. Take a deep breath and logoff the computer.

18. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,116
    In these uncertain times, at least America can take comfort in the fact that absolutely none of this is 45's fault

19. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,086
    It's our first look in our lifetimes at home turf/western world bio-warfare. And it worked to perfection. Bravo...China.

20. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,690
    You. Are. Missing. The. Point.

(On. Purpose.)

For the billionth time, none of this is about where we are now, it’s about preventing where we will go if we don’t change anything. This is more contagious than the flu and more deadly. If we treat it like the flu, more people will get it than get the flu and a much higher portion of those who do will die. There will also be thousands upon thousands who will die due to unrelated issues because there’s just no capacity to treat them.

This is objective fact.

If you cite the flu at this point, you are mentally deficient or deliberately misleading.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    estar20dawg, PSUButlerFan and DawgsMD like this.