Post Your Stupid Coronavirus Takes Here

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by bmradio99, Mar 10, 2020.

1. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,116
    Someone selfishly mentioned their Grandma's health. How about considering the huge dent put in Boeing's quarterly profits? I yearn for the return of simple mustard gas.

2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,045
    I mean... I don’t want any of you to die “for the economy”, but if there are ppl here who think this is a legit belief to hold, feel free to be first in line.

I would think people connected to Butler would be a little more savvy and understanding about cults...

2AF2C98D-459E-4AA4-8FD2-677BE4DEA6EE.png

3. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,734
    The thing is that Brit Hume doesn't mean his elderly or compromised loved ones, he means *yours*.

bumba, PSUButlerFan and estar20dawg like this.
  4. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,690
    "The presence of a large reservoir of SARS-CoV-like viruses in horseshoe bats, together with the culture of eating exotic mammals in southern China, is a time bomb. " - 2007 Paper in the American Society for Microbiology.

I'm going to say it was from bats.

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  5. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $12,045
    CDD49793-29B4-4D04-9E41-314717AF4D10.jpeg

bumba, DawgsMD and Hinkle like this.
  6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,086
    Serious (not messing around like usual)....wars aren't fought like they used to be. It's about shutting down capitilist commerce for the commi nations. They know they cannot win a real war, nor do they want to bother with it when they can wreck a country from a bagillion miles away.

Were the chinese just careless? Or was this a determined act to turn what they deem as their enemies across the world's way of life/economy upside down? The chinese fight with goods and money, not tanks and bombers. Look what they have done to our society. Look what a shell of everything we are now vs what we were two weeks ago. People are losing jobs and money...and losing their minds. Not to mention the death toll.

Anyway, I say that to say...I can't take it off the table this was done with intent. I'll grant you the odds are better with what you posted, but, there isn't any piece of you/y'all that rules in a little bit of foul play here? It had to have crossed your minds. They were livid about Trump owning them with tariffs and their only way to fight back would be to 100% destroy our free society way of life and take away all that we are used to having as Americans...makes you wonder.

Again I'm not being funny, I'm wondering if I'm the only a-hole thinking this could be a possibility.

7. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $12,045
    Lol so Republicans will believe this lunacy ^ but wont believe that Putin interfered (and is interfering) in our elections to help Trump win to further Russia’s own interests. Truly the upside down.

hortonamos, NCJon, Tentozen and 2 others like this.
  8. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,690
    In each case, the consensus among people who study these things is the opposite.

There’s nothing softer than being unable to emotionally process and accept facts that happen to run counter to your prior assumptions.

dawgs2014 and PSUButlerFan like this.
  9. Snozzberry

Snozzberry New Member

Money:
    $22
    Please, I hope everyone stays inside as much as possible. It's more than just trying to save our parents and grandparents. It's about giving our healthcare workers a fighting chance to do their job, which includes working through dire circumstances and exposing themselves to a deadly disease without a cure or vaccination. Unlike the flu, there is no treatment for COVID-19.
    New York is getting ready to use Navy ships to house the sick. We don't want our hospitals running out of beds. NY has a ventilator shortage to keep people alive. NY is coming to Indiana soon and other places. Mitigate the damage as much as possible by staying home. Our health commissioner estimates this will peak in Indy around April 5. Then, there will likely be another 4 to 6 weeks of having a high number of cases. Other places in Indiana will have their own 8 to 10 week timeline with some parts peaking in May. Dying from CoVID is a lonely death. You are isolation cannot he surrounded by family, and if one is lucky they will be able to facetime to say goodbye. I don't want anyone especially healthcare workers to go out this way. I don't want there to be a healthcare worker shortage bc so many others are on quarantine bc too many selfish asswipes partied on spring break or at bars. Just because one is young doesn't mean that person is invincible. Many people have underlying conditions like asthma, diabetes, severe obesity, history of heart disease that makes them at risk and these include doctors and nurses. Remember part of reason why schools closed is because children, who are largely unaffected, can take this home to their primary caretakers who might have these conditions or their caretaker is a grandparent or even great grandparent. Seems like a good idea to not cause children to be orphans. It seems like most people understand, thank god, but I don't want to become an only parent through this, so I hope as many as possible do understand the need to stay home. Mitigate the damage, the economy is secondary now and will he better off once we get through this. God bless.

10. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $938
    godogs91 likes this.
  11. dawgy dawgy

dawgy dawgy Member

Money:
    $132
    You’re such a douche bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

SnoopDawg likes this.
  12. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $671
    If it was a novel influenza, we'd be in even more trouble. The "novel" is important in novel COronaVIrus Disease 19. That means it is unlike any other infectious disease and our bodies do not have any immunity built up to it. Influenza types are very similar and if you have immunity to one, it helps with other strains.

13. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,340
  14. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,175
    Well hello fellow crazy obsessed bulldawg basketball fans

Just wanted to send out so more good vibes and hope everyone is healthy, doing well, and enjoying life as much as we can

A side note is with transfers we have something to talk about butler basketball wise

Best wishes to all from the Nelson family and I can’t wait to complain and praise butler basketball with you all once next season starts

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

shoeevv, BUcheer, ButlerNut and 4 others like this.
  15. IndieDawg

IndieDawg Active Member

Money:
    $2,019
    Willis I am generally amused by your tales on the world but there are so many things wrong with this argument.
    1) China isn’t Communist. The Party that runs the country still calls itself that bc rebranding is a *****. They haven’t been an old school Communist nation in decades. They’re a single party state that depends on capitalism as much as the next nation.
    2) hurting us economically is suicidal for them. The party depends on strong economy to remain in power. Their economy has taken a nosedive and weakens them as much as us. Our economies are co-dependent. They make. We buy. If we aren’t buying, they’re hurting. This is something that Trump doesn’t seem to get with his trade war. The trade war hurt just as many American workers as it did Chinese- farmers, fishermen, not to mention US companies dependent on Chinese parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

jeff, Sidd Finch, Tentozen and 6 others like this.
  16. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,690
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

seadawg likes this.
  17. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,116
    However one considers this, as a natural disaster or a (recession) depression, the human and economic toll continues to mount.

18. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,295
    Wait until rent payments, payroll, loan , credit card and mortgage payments aren’t made starting next week.

Danville Bulldog and seadawg like this.
  19. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $12,045
    Yep. That little market bull run last week is fools gold.

Danville Bulldog likes this.
  20. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,340
    Date: March 22, 2020 at 6:27 PM
    Subject: Q2 GDP

"First it was Goldman cutting its Q2 GDP to -5% just one week ago; then JPM quickly upstaged Goldman by slashing its own Q2 GDP forecast to -14%. Then Goldman, which just last December said the US economy is " nearly recession-proof" decided to really show JPM who is boss and nearly doubled this dismal prediction, and on Friday predicted a great depression-like -24% crash in Q2 GDP. And now, in this race to come up with the most apocalyptic GDP number imaginable, here comes Morgan Stanley which expanded its former Q2 GDP -4% prediction nearly 8x to -30%, a number that would have seemed almost insane in isolation... if only it wasn't for St. Louis Fed president James Bullard coming up with an absolutely staggering -50% worst case scenario earlier today."

PSUButlerFan and seadawg like this.