Post Your Stupid Coronavirus Takes Here

Discussion in 'Non Sports' started by bmradio99, Mar 10, 2020.

1. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,690
    Correct. No fans at all this weekend for Indy car Grand Prix/NASCAR weekend. Indy 500 in August limited to 50% capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,738
    As a reminder, don't forget to order your very own "Trumpy Bear" while supplies last

3. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,731
    Can I get an update from DunhamFor3 about how Trump is better for black people after he retweeted, with approval, a video of his supporters screaming “white power!” this past weekend?

dawgs2014, jkcdawgs and Tentozen like this.
  4. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,907
    Got this gem at Three Dog Bakery in the Rip (disclaimer - they had Biden ones, IMG_1461.JPG as well)

seadawg likes this.
  5. BUBBALUM

BUBBALUM Active Member

Money:
    $193
    For a joke, my parents sent me a roll of Hillary toilet paper, and a roll of Trump toilet paper. Never used them, but was considering sending them to some of my more ardent Trump-supporting family members.

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  6. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $12,731
  7. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,005
    I think the score may be worse than this actually. This is one ****ty year and getting worse. Tell me if I'm crazy...but did today just feel weird to anyone? I felt edgy all day and the air just didn't taste right. Everyone I enteracted with was way on edge. Maybe I am crazy. Things just seem off. They've been off, obviously, but today...I don't know, just wasn't right. Sigh, such is this damn corona ass hole.

8. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $841
    We were talking about this in one of my clinics today. Patients were content for awhile and now we are seeing them get angry and edgy.

9. seadawg

Money:
    $6,738
    I'd look at the score exactly opposite. The earth will eventually shake humans off like a bad case of fleas.

10. seadawg

Money:
    $6,738
    An economist from Goldman Sachs said earlier today that a mandate on wearing masks would be worth a trillion dollars to the US economy.

dawgs2014 likes this.
  11. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,005
    It's been 100% "mandated" in the city of Memphis. I was a good boy today but while at Kroger, they refused service to a guy who didn't have a mask on him. Straight kicked him out.

Now what bugged was that because of "social distancing" they had two out of 8 self check things open and only one register. It took me over 30 minutes to check out. Choose one or the other. Mask me and let me shop normally or don't mask people and shut basically the whole store down.

12. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,780
    A lot of grocery stores are having staffing problems right now. An already thankless job is made that much worse by a significant portion of customers being angrier/ruder than normal. I know the store I go to has had almost complete turnover of its cashiers since this started, many of whom had been there for years. They pay OK so they've been able to make new hires, but that just slows everything down in a different way.

bobbu64 likes this.
  13. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,806
    Should congress pass a law requiring masks?

14. seadawg

Money:
    $6,738
    Leadership begins at the top. Since Republicans seem to have a problem with science as it relates to facts, it will never happen, making any mandate irrelevant. Americans are have already lost their window of opportunity. I choose to wear a mask in public. I will not go galivanting around willy-nilly. Neither make me afraid to live my life. Running around, having a to carry a firearm is living in fear.

#60, Tentozen and jkcdawgs like this.
  15. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,246
    They shouldn’t have to.

Even if they did, what good would it do? If you’re not going to do it now when you know it will save thousands of people AND get us back to a more normal life, I don’t see a law changing that.

One thing Willis said raises an issue that I think people are not paying attention to enough-lines caused by trying to implement social distancing. Having two lanes open and making people stand in a line for ten minutes cannot possibly be safer than simply trying to have all the check out lanes open and moving people out as fast as possible. I’m seeing this at bars and restaurants too. People line up on top of each other, often times with masks, sometimes without waiting to get inside a place that can’t let them in bc they are trying to follow guidelines. I think doing whatever is possible to minimize lines or at least ensure that lines have to follow the same guidelines (masks, distancing etc) is imperative to this experiment working.

16. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,383
    Real issues seem to get discussed in a more intellectual, problem solving manner, when partisanship is omitted. Are we trying to effect thought and discussion or just simply root for our "side" and run the "other side" down? I, for one, tune out once the partisanship is introduced.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

BURph92, tlp63, godogs91 and 2 others like this.
  17. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $12,731
    In NJ they have put markers on the floors that are 6ft apart, and you’re required to stand on those. Keeps ppl away from each other. Guy behind me got about a step ahead of his marker, and I glared at him and pointed and he backed up. Most of the stores have them.

18. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $12,731
    So Arizona is now going to wartime triaging. Well done, Republicans. Fighting against masks, denying science, opening up too soon. Real ****ing smart.

1A8AF4C1-90B4-40EF-A352-E3B3B2B01804.png

Hinkle likes this.
  19. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,246
    Most have them here too outside, but not inside. Bars and restaurants certainly have them neither and that’s the biggest risk.

20. seadawg

Money:
    $6,738
    Nearly everyone can appreciate Americans being fiercely independent, but we have a segment of society who are incapable of rational thought or anything remotely connected to common sense. No one likes wearing masks or limiting activities. There is a culture war on many fronts. Too many folks are caught up this Duck Dynasty, Honey Boo Boo and National Enquirer type of mentality. Those people will continue to resist regardless of their welfare.

Hinkle, estar20dawg and PSUButlerFan like this.