Post Your Stupid Coronavirus Takes Here

Discussion in 'Non Sports' started by bmradio99, Mar 10, 2020.

1. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,277
    One side uses fact driven scientific data, while the other side swipes their collective buttholes and takes a long sniff to decide on the threats and issues facing this country. Is it any wonder why this has brought out the worst impulses of the nation.

Tentozen and PSUButlerFan like this.
  2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,298
    Har har har

3. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $13,298
    Sox backup catcher is hitting .329 and their 9 hitter is hitting .338

Their two worst hitters: Mazara, who has 3 20 HR seasons (including one with 100 RBI) and Moncada, the former top prospect in all of baseball (who will hopefully finally reach his potential).

4. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,830
    Cody Bellinger was the best player in the NL last year and bats 6th for the Dodgers.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

5. BUBBALUM

BUBBALUM Active Member

Money:
    $289
    With the Butler Basketball season starting on November 25th and no scrimmages/exhibitions, I guess we can't schedule former Butler players' teams. Flip side, more chances, yet slightly less chances for Willis to go broke with a max of 27 games for a team.

DawgsMD likes this.
  6. BUBBALUM

BUBBALUM Active Member

Money:
    $289
    Today's whistleblower and apparent outcry by the Democrats. They did not properly give orders to disperse (using a handheld microphone attached to a megaphone instead of using a long-range acoustic device) before clearing Lafayette Square, and how they attempted to procure devices that would overheat the skin as a non-lethal method (Active Denial System). He also spoke about how M4 Carbines along with 5.56mm and 7.62mm rounds were moved to the DC armory from a nearby fort. Just another day with just another whistleblower.

7. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,194
    The White Sox front office is doing a tremendous job of identifying players that they believe their talent is too much to more and gambling, signing these kids to long term budget friendly contracts. It's so smart, the kids make more money, more quickly than most of their talented counterparts on other teams fighting and threatening to hold out or demand trades. It's obviously a risk but I think it's so smart. You take a look at Eloy and Robert in the minors or when they were drafted and you just knew they were special. The Sox will be good for many, many years.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. dawgs2014

Money:
    $4,830
    Eloy is gonna hit but I ultimately think he’s not going to be much more than a Kyle schwarber with a bit better average type guy.

9. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,347
    Pac 12 and MWC now looking to have 8 game seasons.

10. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,347
    Eloy already is better than Schwarber and will only get better. Schwarber had his moments but he's just...well he's just not good. Eloy will be an all star.

estar20dawg likes this.
  11. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $13,298
    I’m guessing the MAC won’t come back. I assume they can’t afford it. Without the 2-3 opening buy games, they can’t fund their programs. But let’s see.

12. estar20dawg

Money:
    $5,194
    I'll take that bet

13. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $13,298
    So yesterday Biden was explaining RNA and how the logistics of vaccine storage work. But he’s somehow mentally gone.

Trump tells us all to mainline bleach and inject UV light into our bodies, and he’s totally there.

Such is the logic of a bozo like Thunderdunks.

Tentozen likes this.
  14. dawgs2014

Money:
    $4,830

How much more can he *possibly* be?

Schwarber is actually a perfectly fine defender and Eloy is one of the worst I’ve ever seen. He’s literally all bat. The guy has an ops of .927 and 147wrc+ over a whole season of this is only a 3-4.5 war player. How much better than that can one consistently be? Schwarber has averaged 3 War the last two full seasons.

Eloy looks like he’ll be *better* but not guaranteed and not by a ton.

15. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,347
    Schwarber had a good second half last season but this season has been garbage. Hell most of the "core" has been awful. Yet somehow they are still in first.

I don't mind Schwarber's defense, but his plate skills have gone to shiite.

16. dawgs2014

Money:
    $4,830
    No arguments from me there but his 2018 fwar was actually better than his 2019 and his second half of 2019 was legitimately elite.

His 2020, along with basically every other homegrown big name, has been garbage.

My point is not to say Schwarber is really good, or that Eloy is really bad, it’s that people act like trading Eloy some horrifying, unforgivable act when in reality his value isn’t going to exceed what we have right now by as much as it seems due to his defensive ineptitude.

Frankly, I’m much more haunted by losing Cease than by losing Eloy.

Added note: Quintana was 4.9 fwar in 2017 and 3.5 last year. So we basically traded hitter Eloy for pitcher Eloy. -we traded a younger version with more control plus cease, so it wasn’t a good trade, but just wanted to show the value Eloy has been and will produce is similar to Quintana, who has been very much maligned.

17. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,010
    Maybe College Football will decide to, based on the unfairness of multiple schedule lengths, to go to 8 or 12 teams this year.

18. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,239
    I think the Cubs lack of offense is due to overvaluing the taking of pitches, which was Maddon’s philosophy and is continuing under Ross. The theory of making the pitcher throw more pitches is just that, a theory. As long as this lineup is stacked with power hitters there is no reason to keep going deep into the count. You’re not going to get a hitable pitch at 2-2 or 3-2. Yet they’ve all boughten in, except Baez, who is a free (often foolish) swinger. This team has been frustrating to watch since 2017.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,010
    Update to my original forecast of Opening Day 2022 as the first day of full butts in seats:

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  20. estar20dawg

Money:
    $5,194
    No the trade I lost my s*** on was losing Torres, who I have as a potential HOFer for a rental Chapman, I get the whole WS thing, I do. But they mortgaged their future to being really bad in a few years by throwing away top, top tier prospects. There's a reason why teams like the Sox, Padres, Braves have serious staying power and I love what the Mariners have been doing with their farm. Although, I don't care what you say or how you spin it the Eloy for Quintana was AWFUL, Eloy by the way is still a kid who is just barely more than a year of games under his belt, 169 games, barely more than a full season and you have seen what kind of improvements he's made. I've watched Schwarber play some of the absolute worst left field you can imagine, he is now at least not a complete disaster, I like how you are comparing a kid with 169 games saying he's basically like a Schwarber. As a GM I would have never taken and would still never want Schwarber, give me Eloy any day and twice on Sunday. As for the Sox, their rotation of Giolito, who I absolutely was in love with as a Nationals prospect, that I drafted in my dynasty league many years ago, I love Dunning if he's healhty, Kopech is an unknown to me, I'm in love with him as some others are but at worst he's a closer, Cease, I'm not as in love with as you clearly are but I'm high on him as a number 3 kind of guy, love me some Garrett Crochet, and if Rodon ever got healthy but I don't think he will, Lopez I have no hopes on, but who knows maybe he figures things out, they have a few other names that could go wither way like Carson Fulmer, but think he's more of a bullpen guy.

Lineup wise, as early as next year I think you will see Andrew Vaughn come up an be the next first basemen. Love Madrigal, he will be a much better baseball player than fantasy player for those, love me some Anderson, and if Moncada can shake of COVID, he's a star. Like both catchers, and Eloy, Robert, Mazara is a pretty good outfield, Mazara is definitely expendable but want to see him in a full year with a training camp before passing judgement, the dude can definitely hit bombs. and Abreu can move to DH.

Stacks right up there towards the top, don't think it's as good as the Padres and Braves but it's pretty close.