Post Your Stupid Coronavirus Takes Here

Discussion in 'Non Sports' started by bmradio99, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,674
    Michael Cohen claims that the intent of the 2016 presidential run by Trump was an attempt to brand him internationally as an American billionaire and business mogul. (He may have met a billionaire or two but that's as close as he has been to one.) He needed international connections, and $$$$. No one, including Trump, ever thought that he would get the nomination, let alone the presidency. I actually believe that is true. Trump was in financial straits. He had exhausted his domestic financial resources (via bankruptcies and defaults). Remember when that idiot Don Jr. announced that their company was now solvent and in great shape because they were now getting money from the Russians. And, it is still to be determined why Deutsche Bank would loan him $100's of millions....if they saw those tax returns. Don't banks require tax returns when you file for a loan? It makes no sense, unless you consider the possibility of a money laundering scheme and Deutsche Bank's biggest customer(s)....Vladimir and the Russian oligarchs.

Don't forget, to date, no one has really "followed the money." STILL! Not the Steele Report, not the FBI, not the Senate or House, not the Mueller Commission. All financial counter-intelligence investigations were dropped by the Office of the Attorney General (actually, by Ron Rosenburg, not Barr). I know, I sound like one of those right wing conspiracists. The difference, there is some "real meat on these bones." Trump and his company and his family are in trouble. Rotten felons, thieves, cheaters and liars. Maybe Ivanka can produce a "Chic Prison Line." The head scratcher (well, not so much) is no one better than Trump knew how much potential legal exposure he had. He's been a con man his entire adult life. So what kind of idiot runs for president of the United States and brings that degree of scrutiny upon himself? During the campaign, and seeing his surprised success, he could and should have pulled back or dropped out or done something to lose the nomination. But that enormous ego said no and that will be his and his family's downfall. No one would be demanding today to see his tax returns had he made the smart move and dropped out. Idiot. Will that huge ego fit into an 8 X 8?

Danville Bulldog and bobbu64 like this.
  2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,442
    Remember when Dunham4Three was part of this thread and was trying to tell us how Trump cared about black people? Good times...

Trump cares about them so much he actively tried to suppress their votes and get them to stay home.

bumba and Danville Bulldog like this.
  3. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,390
    Don't lose confidence in 45. Either he will allow the loans to default or find another source to steal from without ever suffering any real consequences. Just because secured these loans from Russian oligarchs doesn't make him a national security risk. After all there were only 28 million (SARs) suspicious activity reports filed in the FIN Cor files by the global banking industry involving trillions of dollars of dark money. 45 is chump change in comparison.

Danville Bulldog likes this.
  4. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,195
    Quick question. Reading through the article it doesn’t say (that I can tell) that the Deterrence campaign was aimed specifically at Blacks, versus Black Democrats. If aimed at Democrats who happen to be Black, then that’s a different angle. No party makes an effort to get out the vote for the opposition. Maybe I missed something.

5. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $351
    There's a difference between not making an effort to get out votes for the opposition and targeting ads towards individuals who you don't think will vote for you to disincentive them from voting.

Take the time. Watch the video.

FWIW, I vehemently disagree with those who would vote for Trump (I voted for the republican candidate in 2004, 2008 & 2012), but I also think it's wrong for either party to actively suppress voters, because that essentially tells me they know in a "free and fair" election, they would lose.

6. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,784
    Clinton had a +80 margin with black voters.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...s-victory-divisions-by-race-gender-education/

Anyways, after the Civil War when black Americans were newly enfranchised, new laws popped up all over the South to keep them from voting. Poll taxes, literacy tests, what have you. And they were made to be extremely hard, if not impossible, to pass for black folks.

Problem was that lots of poor, illiterate whites could not pass either. So states added clauses that said if your grandfather could vote, then you were automatically eligible to vote too. Problem solved for Southern whites. And since by definition, virtually no black Americans had grandfathers who could vote because they had been slaves, they were still subject to these laws. That’s where the phrase “grandfathered in” comes from.

These laws didn’t say “we’re going to keep Black Republicans from voting” but they just had the added benefit of making it impossible for black folks, who would have likely all been republican, from voting in the Dixiecrat South. That’s what made them so perfect in a way: they didn’t have to pass a law making it illegal for certain people to vote. They could just pick a proxy that would create the intended effect.

So when an ethnic group votes +80 for one party in elections, you don’t really need to target by party affiliation.

Last bit: but poll taxes are alive and well in Florida, as I’m sure many have seen.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  7. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,456
    I feel like this thread is simply regurgitated four letter takes. It just gets more and more woke. Much like that network.

8. Ignatius J. Reilly

Money:
    $5,784
    You can call it woke all you want but when parties, campaigns, and states make it harder for people to vote because it wouldn’t benefit their party personally, that’s very bad.

Tentozen likes this.
  9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,519
    I have a feeling this is going to be a long week for Don the Con. These reports are all breaking right before the first debate. The media he has been so rude to over the years is literally carpet bombing his campaign team so they have little time to come up with answers.

10. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $13,442
    Really? The lead story on SportsCenter was about the Trump campaign using a shady British data firm with illegally-obtained Facebook data to target and suppress minority voters?

SportsCenter has changed a lot since I last watched it 10+ years ago.

11. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,195
    Just
    Just watched the video. Another reminder how our personal data is anything but personal. The Trump campaign clearly identified that many Black Americans who were enthused about voting for the first Black president were pretty ho hum about showing up for Hillary Clinton. Would have liked to have seen the ads to know if they could be deemed “suppression” though. That conjures up an entirely different concept than negative ads—which can have the same effect—apathy.

12. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,566
  13. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $13,442
    So Cohen says that Donald Trump is willing to sell out the United States for his own ego (which risks all of our lives).

Willis: “Yeah, but like Joe Biden wants to tax rich people, and I randomly don’t like Kamala”.

I can see how those two things are the same. /Sarcasm

14. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,390
    Premiering in 2021 see Donald Trump in the Disney remake portraying the title role of "Brokahantas, the princess of the Algonquian tribe".

15. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $13,442
    This is for UDDawg and Willis and all the other Republicans who think dEmOcRaTs ArE bAd FoR tHe MaRkEtS.

DE6569F9-C9EA-48FD-8763-398528C8A69A.png

16. BUBBALUM

BUBBALUM Active Member

Money:
    $300
    Since I made it through ten minutes of the debate without getting hammered (I actually just left the TV), I think Butler should just win the next Natl. Championship.

NCJon, seadawg and TheDawgDub95 like this.
  17. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,320
    I’ve literally drank an entire bottle of wine in the last 82 minutes. It’s Tuesday. And I don’t drink that often.

NCJon and seadawg like this.
  18. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,566
    Trump is nothing but scum. A very sick and disgusting performance.

19. Ignatius J. Reilly

Money:
    $5,784
  20. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $13,442
    Look... I’m going to spare commentary about that disaster other than to provide the solution.

CUT. OFF. THE. FU CKING. MICS.

Here is how this should go:
    Moderator Question
    Trump 2 min, Biden mic muted
    Biden 2 min, Trump mic muted
    Trump 30 second response, Biden mic muted
    Biden 30 second response, Trump mic muted

That would solve the problem of an overgrown orange man baby who knows nothing and has no concept or knowledge of any issue just spewing nonsense garbage for 90 minutes.

ConnersvilleBulldog and Tentozen like this.