Post Your Stupid Coronavirus Takes Here

Discussion in 'Non Sports' started by bmradio99, Mar 10, 2020.

1. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,310
    They actually live in Jeremy Ranch—about 35 minutes from airport and 10 minutes from downtown Park City. The kids go to Park City schools though. Don’t have to be a millionaire there, but larger homes go for $1.2M and up, but really nice townhomes can be had in the $800’s.

2. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $3,987
    The sad part is this guy probably doesn’t know the difference between a virus and bacterium, and Koch’s postulates were created before modern science understanding of viruses and aren’t applicable.
    Not to mention doesn’t account for asymptomatic carriers.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

NCJon and ConnersvilleBulldog like this.
  3. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,696
    Alright Willis. Let’s do this thing.

2B177805-CE23-46AF-87F8-31DEAF176822.jpeg

willisbrown and TheDawgDub95 like this.
  4. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,075
    Offer double that. You don’t want to lose out on that deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

willisbrown and PSUButlerFan like this.
  5. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,696
    Btw... watched both town halls tonight and just gonna lay it out here straight:

If you can’t tell the difference between these two (one a bumbling, combative idiot and the other who grasps the issues and has depth of knowledge) and which is an easy better choice to lead this country, your head is up your ass.

Tentozen likes this.
  6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,790
    I watched neither...I watched the braves-dodgers hit the over and the Arky st-GA st hit the over. Drinks are free this weekend. Hell yeah.

And I had a grilled chicken taco on soft corn tortilla with cilantro, raw onion and tomatillo sauce. I win.

As an added bonus, the owner gave me two goose and sodas on the house.

7. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,790

Then again Schefter reported yesterday 4 falcons tested positive and none did, it was one dude who's not a player (according to people down here). So...who knows.

8. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,790
    AAAAAAAAAAAnd there were no positives. The four letter is going to four letter. Two days in a row dude fumbled a corona story.

9. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,330
    I'm pretty sure the Colts themselves were the first to report the four positives. I'm no ESPN stan, but they were just regurgitating what the Colts said.

10. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,790
    Who knows if that is right or not but Schefter jumps on corona stories too quickly IMO. It's a serious but complicated matter. I know he's a four letter, and four letters will four letters to alarm the public, but...give it a little time to see what's what. It's not an injury you know? And anyway he was way off on the falcons yesterday as well. He and the Wolkens and the Brennens of the sports media all are corona obsessed. Same with Rovell.

11. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,248
    Ah, I remember the good ol days when people could forecast that the situation by Sept 1 would be a nothing burger, but that's not why I'm here. I read something today that is stunning. To those of you who continue to cling to the "both sides" argument, I want you to consider this. A Federal Court judge said the following:

“How do I know that the statements made by White House counsel are in fact the position of the president? ... How can I assume White House counsel is, in fact, acting at the direction of the president? How can I assume that?”

The Judge did not say this during some private, off the cuff, discussion that was overheard. He said this, on the record, during the course of a 25 minute telephone hearing today.

Trump's response to the pandemic has been abysmal, an unqualified, abject failure, but the toxic effects of his Presidency go so much farther than that.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    Baddog, bobbu64, seadawg and 2 others like this.
  12. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,790
    Mom and my step father just cancelled our Punta Cana, DR xmas trip. Were to go Xmas eve and stay a week at an amazing resort. Sigh, the corona fears got to them.

13. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,103
    Or maybe it was jut reality?

PSUButlerFan and Tentozen like this.
  14. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,465
    The colts definitely broke the colts covid story. They had four positive tests and were working to confirm them. They reported exactly that. ESPN and others in sports media reported what the colts said. The colts re-tested and it turned out they’d gotten false positives. The colts reported that and others in sports media reported that.

I don’t know how anyone in this story is supposed to do anything any differently.

NCJon and Tentozen like this.
  15. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,790
    Non corona related...but not sure where else to put it...2020 keeps on punching the gut.

Thursday my grandmother was taken from Clarksdale to Memphis because she had fainted a couple days in a row and her abdomen was on fire. She's 93 but has beaten cancer twice so I figured, it sucks, but she'll be ok. Always is. Thursday night we found out after numerous tests that it was internal bleeding and some complication from her liver cancer from years ago. Anywho...they wanted to keep her monitored and keep running tests and all that in the ICU of Methodist Hospital...yada yada. Saturday she immediately began throwing up anything (even water) that she tried to put down and things just derailed from there. This evening my mom called me and told me that my grandmother had decided she was done suffering and done with the tests. She is leaving the hosptital to go back to Clarksdale and die. That was/is her wish...to die in her home town and not be kept alive. She is over the suffering. She's 93...and she told my mother she is ready for Heaven. The Dr. told my mother that IF Mamoo does indeed leave, she probably has about 72 hours left...if that. Who knows if true but kinda sucks regardless.

The family is headed there this week...not sure when I will but I'm sure mid week. The thing is about it...when I lived over there (from '03-'17) she was my buddy. I never married and although in and out of relationships...it was never too much serious enough to do a lot of the special things my family did. So she and I were attached very much and went to most events/dinners/church together. I'd try and make sure to go spend at least one night a week down there so we both knew we had someone (bout an hour from where I was living). It was a special and unique relationship which I am very blessed to have. I lived with her during summers all but a couple growing up (when I was doing travel soccer ish I couldn't). And as I grew older we kept building a bond that was very, very strong. We needed each other, and we had each other.

As I found out a few weeks ago, even if you don't want them to...all roads come to an end. 2020 sucks y'all. We all know that. But now it's just mocking me/us. It's over in two months and we just have to survive. Mamoo wasn't able to do that. So they are going to make her comfortable (as best as possible) and let her die the way she wants. In her house on her terms. God bless this woman. For those that pray, lift her up. She's a good woman and was great to her family. Without her none of so much we get to enjoy could have been possible. I knew this day was coming, but it doesn't make it any less painful.

UDDawg likes this.

#60 Active Member

Money:
    $1,359
    My sincere condolences, man. Glad that you'll always have her in the most important ways.

Just had my Aunt Rosa's homegoing this weekend in Grenada. Given traveling difficulties/work responsibilities, I couldn't make it. Luckily, my cousins kept me in the loop.

2020 definitely sucks like no other year.

willisbrown likes this.
  17. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $3,987
    #60, willisbrown and seadawg like this.
  18. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,063
    Prayers coming from this direction, Will. Agreed on 2020 being forgettable, at best - lost my mother-in-law in August.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

#60 and willisbrown like this.
  19. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,613
    An echo of sincere heartfelt condolences for you Willis.

willisbrown likes this.
  20. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,790
    I'm so over it. If you think about things that we really love like sports and what went down in March that threw the whole landscape out of whack and rippled through every damn sport, pro and college, out there for months mostly (other than nascar and a little golf)...devestating injury to what would have been one of our best players, a 1/3 baseball season, all the "yes" and "nos" about college football...that in itself sucks.

But then you drill down to the things that are very important like family or relationships...and really the general public as a whole...it's just been awful. On all types of personal levels for so many (God what all happened in my world, I'm sure it's the same for most others, but I've been living a nightmare)...it's just awful. Sorry bout the MIL. Relay my condolences.

At this point, every day, I'm just waiting for the next worst thing to happen. I'm not gonna lie I am beatened and bruised...and damn near broken. For everyone the year has been awful, but I can promise it's been #1 in terms of just absolutely mind ****ing horrible **** for me. I'm tapping out, God. Just please leave me alone until Jan 1.

pjohnsto2003 likes this.