Post Your Stupid Coronavirus Takes Here

Discussion in 'Non Sports' started by bmradio99, Mar 10, 2020.

1. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,310
    Sorry to hear about your Mamoo, Willis. And I have to say that “Mamoo” is just about the most awesome substitute for Grandma I’ve ever heard—love it. May God’s peace surround her and all of you as she leaves this world. Sounds like she knows where’s she’s going and is looking forward to it—that should give y’all some peace of mind.

bumba, #60, UDDawg and 2 others like this.
  2. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,078
    I’m sorry, Willis. Losing someone you love is always hard and traumatic, this year on top of everything else it is even more so. Wishing you and your family the very best, and your grandmother the most comfort she can possibly find.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

#60 and willisbrown like this.
  3. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,330
    Family is all we’ve got in the end, and it sounds like you have a hell of a good group to call your own, Willis. I’m very sorry for your loss.

#60, DawgsMD and willisbrown like this.
  4. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,103
    Prayers for a peaceful transition for your grandmother Willis and for strength for you and your family in the coming days. I am truly sorry to hear this news. She is blessed to have such a loving grandson, just as you are blessed to have her.

willisbrown and #60 like this.
  5. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,703
    2020 is easily the worst year we have all seen in my lifetime (and probably most of our lifetimes), and it’s not just the macro stuff but how all the personal stuff is happening as well. Peace and comfort to your family, Willis, during this difficult time. In time you will look back and be able to feel only blessed that you got to have this relationship, even if it ended before you were ready. Unfortunately, it always does. Family is what matters in the end, and while yours is struggling right now, the rest of us are sending all the best vibes your way. Be well, and be at peace knowing she was able to give a final FU to 2020 and choose when she wanted to move to a better place.

willisbrown likes this.
  6. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,726
    Willis, wishing you and your entire family peace and comfort during this most difficult time. I still have my 96 year old grandmother so I get it.

willisbrown likes this.
  7. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,812
    I mean...I don't want to 1. bore y'all and 2. shed all the details about everything in my personal life to this point in 2020...but let's just say from long term relationship to my pop getting sick to this with Mamoo...I seriously don't know what's left other than to have someone break in and put one in my cranium. I can't imagine for me personally, a worse year with the events that have taken place, the time, spirit, effort and money I have lost, some things I've done I'm not proud of all the way down. 2020 broke me in so many ways. But I do appreciate the well wishes. Just hoping I can hang on a little longer and get through this.

And I know I'm not the only one. Everyone is suffering right now...but my list goes deep and my faith is being very much tested.

NCJon and #60 like this.
  8. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $789
    Willis, Prayers that your family finds peace in this time of sorrow.

willisbrown likes this.
  9. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,244
    My condolences are with you and your family Willis. I'm sure the next few days will be tough. Just know you will be in the thoughts of everyone on this message board. Despite everyone's differences (especially on this thread) we've developed a pretty awesome family around Butler basketball on this site.

But hang in there. We are getting closer and closer to putting this asshole of a year behind us. There's really no place to go but up after this year.

#60 and willisbrown like this.
  10. dawgs2014

Money:
    $5,078
    look man, pretty much everyone remaining on this thread has had some pretty serious disagreements with you about a lot of different things this year. However, I think I speak for everyone in my belief that that doesn’t mean we aren’t supportive of you as a human being. You are dealing with things that are tough for human beings to deal with. The mental health toll of this year is very, very real and it’s okay to let yourself feel the pain.

If this is the community you feel the need to vent to or seek consolidation in/from, then use it that way. Don’t worry about boring people.

At the end of the day I think everyone here much rather help usher anyone else here through challenging times than to push them away and say “whatever happens happens.”

11. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $13,703
    Speak for yourself!

Jk Jk

Dawgs said it best. We’ll disagree on things. And we’ll no doubt continue to disagree. And we’ll all go after each other. But at the end of the day, you’re a fellow human being who is hurting, and given everything I have posted here in this thread, I would be a giant hypocrite if I just wrote you off bc your opinions are different from mine.

This is a really good community around Butler basketball - I have met a handful of you in person and am happy to meet anyone else who wants to in person - and as you see, we’ll all be here for you when you’re going thru stuff. Sometimes you just need to talk and need ppl to listen. I lost my last grandparent in 2001 when I was not quite 14, and it was tough. You have had an awesome experience that you will remember fondly once the pain subsides. As for everything else, vent away man. There are plenty of positive thoughts, prayers and good vibes to go around.

BURph92 and willisbrown like this.
  12. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,812
    I appreciate the good will. It's just been a very, very crappy year from the word go. And it seems never ending. But tomorrow the calendar turns to the 20th...and we have about 6 weeks left. What I know is this...if I've ever needed support from all angles of the world, it's now. I'm very frustrated and I'm very angry. I have one hell of a huge heart, whether y'all agree with my thoughts/opinions or not...or think I push things a little far with some rough humor...but for all the good that heart is, right now it's blacker than coal. I'm trying so hard not to revert back to what I was when younger (even a bigger prick than I am now) but I'm struggling with it. I now is the time you need to lean on your faith the most, but I'm very much questioning mine. I don't get why horrible things happen to wonderful people and I don't get why great things happen to horrible people. My heart was too big this spring and summer....and I lost myself. Big time. I'm trying to gain that back. I'm begging to gain myself back. Then you throw this eventual death (she went home today) on there...I mean there's one word for it and it is ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccck.

Pretty much right now I hate everything. My BP and hypertension are through the roof and I can't remember the last time I smiled. But, like everything else, this stupid mother fizzuck will land stronger than he was before. Keep the good thoughts coming. I'm going to get a taco. Again I appreciate it so much.

#60 likes this.
  13. dawgs2014

Money:
    $5,078
    No words I can say are going to make this better but Just know that it’s okay to be this way.

14. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,614
    Willis, you need to listen to black gospel music. It will make you feel infinitely better.:)

#60 and PSUButlerFan like this.
  15. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,614
  16. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $13,703
    Oooohhh child, things are gonna get easierrrrr;
    Oooohhh child, things’ll be briiiighterrrrr

Danville might be onto something here

17. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,064
    Hang in there, bud. 2020 prayer list continues to grow.

18. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,064
    You all should check out Mike Farris. Has a rough past, but his faith brought him through. His music is a testament to it. If you need a pick me up, I highly advise it.

19. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,812
    I need to rile things up to distract me today...so, here you go...

20. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,103
    Ice Cube has a lot more cultural relevance and his comments might make some folks rethink their choices. But he didn't exactly endorse Trump, just said he's working with the Trump Administration on his plan, which has some issues of its own. Certainly an unexpected twist.

Biden is still going to get the Black vote, and I expect he'll do better there than Hillary did despite Cube and 50. Biden's had some missteps, for sure, but she did nothing for GOTV in the black community and his campaign has been on it.