Post Your Stupid Coronavirus Takes Here

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by bmradio99, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,653
    Oh yea!

2. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,969
    So uh no comment on whether this is true or not, but imagine if you were being used like this right now, by someone you claim to support. Imagine!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,727
    This is the weakest and my favorite argument..."yeah well I have black friends!" or "I played ball with black people!!" so I know more about them and I could never be racist in any way...blah blah blah. It's such a crutch. Such a cover up. "I know blacks!!"

Guess what, I do too!! Hooray! I was raised by black people!! Hooray!! Oh my god, I work with about 80% minorities on my housing initiatives and home grants!!! OMG!! I have a co worker who is black...awesome!!! I met a black guy at the bar the other night!! It was amazing!!

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    Dunhamfor3 likes this.
  4. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,535
    All that opportunity, and you never took the time to really get to know them to understand how challenging life really is. What a waste.

And never once did I say Bc I have black friends I can’t be racist. I’m certainly not racist, but That’s your buddy InsaneDawg’s excuse. Yeah he can call them fringe of society, but it’s cool Bc his great step-nephew is half black.

If you look back over this... the only thing you two can do is put words in my mouth. You’re making arguments that simply don’t exist.

Before I would tell you to be better; now I simply know for you it’s not possible.

5. The Hound

The Hound Member

Money:
    $102
    This thread has disintegrated into a mess that no one here can be proud of. A shut down would be very welcome.

Shimmy, Danville Bulldog, #60 and 4 others like this.
  6. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,541
    PSUButlerFan and seadawg like this.
  7. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,045
    Congrats. You actually responded to willis without bleeping out your own profanity. Now. That. Wasn’t. Hard. Was. It.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. Dunhamfor3

Dunhamfor3 Active Member

Money:
    $116
    willisbrown likes this.
  9. willisbrown

Money:
    $8,727
    It;s my job to understand the struggle. Why do I do it? Because it was all around me my whole life. Bdays, funerals, weddings, parties etc...growing up in the true south, the real dirty south...dude, not a damn one of you can understand. But, unlike many other ass holes, I took the opportunity to try and make lives better and love my community and the culture. I watched the darkest of darkest of hoods go to drugs and violence. My home town went to **** overnight. I lived it. I am it. And all day everyday...I try to do all I can to make their lives better. I don't just "say it"...I do it. That comes with ups and downs but when I lay down, at least I know I made someone's life better that day.

10. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,969
    White makes were the minority for most of my childhood, so “not a damn one of your can understand” isn’t really true.

The one thing I learned from being a minority amongst predominantly black and Hispanics is that I cannot put myself in their shoes, and never will be able to.

If you have spent extended time with them and not learned that, you’ve missed the most important lesson.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

NCJon likes this.
  11. willisbrown

Money:
    $8,727
    I have. And it's why I chose to do what I do. I want to give opportunity and hope to those that never thought it existed. I have access to do so and I spend every moment working to make each place I touch better and each family I encounter happier. I'm not blind to the bull-ish...I know it's there. But, I chose the path, both in TN and in GA, to help in any way I can. Let me take my real estate/financing smarts and help rebuild what has been obliterated over time. And I can lay down each night knowing that I did right.

12. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,837
    If your going to be out in public, just wear a mask. This isn’t a left-right thing and recent studies have suggested this can reduce transmission by 75%. I’m still waiting on Willis to explain why he denigrates those who wear masks (which implies that he himself cannot be bothered to wear one when in public).

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. Staxawax

Money:
    $11,045
  14. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,948
    This is one of the dumbest most ignorant things I've ever seen written or heard of COVID, good Lord people need to stop comparing it to other things. The lasting effects once you get it are very real. Hope you enjoy the feeling of smoking for 30 years once you catch it. The fatality rate is never been what is the real fear for REAL SCIENTISTS. My sister is one of North America's leading geneticists and can't believe all the crap the is ignorantly spewn by everyone out on the internet

Sent from my SM-G986U using Butler Hoops mobile app

PSUButlerFan, dawgs2014 and NCJon like this.
  15. Staxawax

Money:
    $11,045
    Then let's see some real statistics supporting your sister's experience. What about all those that had it and never knew it? All those that thought they just had a cold? It's easy to throw a third party's statement into the argument. Where's the beef?

16. estar20dawg

Money:
    $4,948
    Just mind numbing hope people just continue to fight science and intelligence. It's like people are seriously trying not to do any research and live their lives in complete ignorance and bliss. Following the lemming leader off the bridge with smiles on...

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-per...ges-asymptomatic-covid-19-viral-loads-patient

I'm not going to get into every drop and shred of real data out there while you live on Twitter or Facebook or TV or where ever you think you DATA from

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  17. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,135
    I’m really not trying to stir the pot here, but how can one study from February (from China) be enough to support your vitriol? Is there widespread acceptance out there that the fatality rate is not what “real” scientists are worried about? What lasting effects are there?

18. estar20dawg

Money:
    $4,948
    That's just an easy access document. Would you like me to set up a zoom call with y'all and a bunch of geneticists and scientists? You can trust who you want, that's all I'll say anymore, it's just so hard to read this whole long winded thread of misinformation and stupidity, I thought for the most part Butler grads were different from the norm dumb American but this thread has changed my mind sounded on that...

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  19. coach roastbeef

coach roastbeef Member

Money:
    $44
    i thought our goal was to flatten the curve? that doesnt reduce deaths just slows infection rate so that health system not get overwhelmed ( which would cause more deaths) .... is that right?

estar20dawg likes this.
  20. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $756
    That was the political stated goal so everyone could go eat Arby’s again. Not necessarily the goal of medical and scientific experts.