Providence Friars (15-13) vs. Butler Bulldogs (15-12) — 2/26

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by jkcdawgs, Feb 25, 2019.

1. harvesting

harvesting Member VIP Member

Money:
    $152
    I was at the game, most of the time you don’t get a replay on the Jumbotron. All I knew was they reviewed it and Sean was the one who took the shoots. Here’s the answer, from Sean. Image1551309508.998175.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,117
    We've been through this a million times. They're all good people. Fine upstanding men who have stayed out of trouble. They will have professional careers outside of athletics and represent BU off-the-court.

But this is a forum where we talk about basketball. Each of these men knew what they were signing up for when they agreed to receive over $200k in free tuition/accommodations/food/travel to be an athlete. We're not talking about little leaguers on the U6 team.

If people support the basketball program either through donor development, game tickets or merchandise, anticipate them to be sh*tty when we lose to the last place team in our conference on our home court.

3. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,674
    Weak minds make weak personal attacks, go back to your bridge... Justify picking on 18-22 year olds however lets you sleep at night... It's a damn game and people are calling them bums because they don't live up to their standards... Sad.

DawgFan, pappyball, bwesson15 and 5 others like this.
  4. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,312
    It is so easy to be negative when hiding behind a keyboard or phone. If many of you are so displeased then by all means stop shelling out the money for tix, donations and fan stuff. All this *****ing and moaning grows old.

DawgFan, pappyball, bwesson15 and 5 others like this.
  5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,343
    It is fine to talk about the team but to personally attack a player or coach's character and calling them a name or using profanity should be off limits. I'm not saying you do that because I don't believe you do. I used to be a big time critic of Fowler but I began to realize he has athletic limitations that he can't overcome. Nate can't elevate , is not quick and doesn't have the best of hands but he's trying best he can. Just because he can't physically do what we want him to do is no reason to attack him or say you can't wait until he is gone. It's tough for a 6'7" 190 pound player to play power forward and hold off a 6'8" 235 player. Why slam the 190 pound player for playing a position he is told to play when he isn't built for it?

6. dawgy style

dawgy style Member

Money:
    $52
    No, he’s just one of the worst bigs I’ve seen in awhile

7. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $822
    I think Creighton loses Krumpel

MIBulldog likes this.
  8. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,017
    I took some more time to digest last night’s game and.... yeah, I still have nothing. We still suck. The players, the coaches, the fans, David Woods, Trip, the refs, and most definitely Jamie Smalligan.

jkcdawgs, bmradio99 and seadawg like this.
  9. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Member

Money:
    $120
    Still bitter about this... IMG_0324.JPG IMG_0325.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

bwesson15, bumba, bmradio99 and 5 others like this.
  10. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $822
    What play was that? Cause weren't they once turned over for standing on the line? Could be wrong.

11. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $982
    End of regulation. Would have given us the ball with just under five seconds to play in a tie game.

ButlerNut, bwesson15, bumba and 6 others like this.
  12. Cranjis McBasketball

Money:
    $120
    This was right before end of regulation. Before the missed three by David duke. We should have had it back

ButlerNut, bwesson15, jeff and 4 others like this.
  13. Cranjis McBasketball

Money:
    $120
  14. OldSchoolDawg1983

OldSchoolDawg1983 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $345
    I think you strike the right balance here. The players realize they are public figures; evaluation and criticism will be part of their lives as they move on, as it is in our lives.

It’s personalized insults and degrading comments that I view as inappropriate.

jeff and tlp63 like this.
  15. Southside Dawg

Southside Dawg New Member

Money:
    $36
    He definetly stepped out of bounds and the ref was looking right at his feet. I had to rewind and freeze it. the ball was absolutely still in his hand.

bwesson15, Ster8462, jeff and 4 others like this.
  16. Southside Dawg

Southside Dawg New Member

Money:
    $36
  17. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,588
    I just want to single out this post because I find it absolutely spectacular and I think it completely captures my feelings about Butler Basketball.

bwesson15, GoodDawgs, jeff and 4 others like this.
  18. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $414
    Providence should be really good next year. Had an awesome 2018 recruiting class.

Scruggs is only a sophomore and was pushed into a big role this year. He is shooting 40+% from three and averaging double digit points. He should be very good next year. Marshall is also only a sophomore and averaging 14 a game. Goodin has been underwhelming, but they should be good next year.

19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,117
    Do you know how much spam I've received in my Inbox this week from BU about Day of Giving? It's literally obnoxious - at least twice a day. I'd say that to anyone's face.

20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,117
    Wow, that's fairly clear on the replay. I must admit I missed it. Another punch to the gut over this loss.

cornette33 likes this.