Providence Friars (5-2, 1-0) vs. Butler Bulldogs (1-3, 0-1), Wednesday, 12/23, 6:00 PM EST (CBSSN)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Dec 22, 2020.

1. GodawgsXsucks

GodawgsXsucks Member

Money:
    $147
    Happened twice and I think coach’s made an adjustment because after that we saw chuck (who was as there at the time) really cut off that pass to middle and even one possession I recall him staying down in the paint covering the guy who was flashed middle.
    I really thought the zone was good mix up and not out of complete necessity.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Tentozen likes this.
  2. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,405
    The best play of the game was the bad turnover by Tate that culminated in the Gantt game tying thunder dunk and scream in the face of Tate. Tate says give me the ball dribbles down pulls a little screen and roll oaky doak no look pass at the rim for a dunk and turns and runs right back to go hound on defense. The dude just doesn't get rattled and is such a competitor and a flat out winner

Sent from my SM-G986U using Butler Hoops mobile app

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    PSUButlerFan, #60, 2xDawg and 6 others like this.
  3. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,734
    Providence game was my first chance see this year's crew in person. I was struck by how physically big Scoob looked even when standing next to Hodges. Anyone else notice that?

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,174
    I think you have a point. But I think there another motivation too. I think this is an example of LaVall working to develop a notable strength of this roster and doing this is an appropriate in game situation.

We have complained (rightly) that we don’t have the type of long wing athletes like is found in Wilmoth. Now that we do, it’s great to see LaVall using this athletic advantage even if it’s not fully developed yet and even if it was out of necessity due to foul trouble. While the zone needs some time to develop, it is awesome to see it being used in Wilmoths frosh year, bc it can be a real tool moving forward with the likes of Tate, Harris, and Thomas right behind him.

2xDawg and Tentozen like this.
  5. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,321
    Yep. Scooby is a man amongst boys. Can’t wait to see him suit up. I’m expecting a more physical and better scoring Coles from the get go.

6. Baseline

Baseline Well-Known Member

Money:
    $576
    Is it accurate to say that Coach expects everyone to create their own shot? They have 16 assists. We have 9. We have TWO guys who can create their own shot off the dribble and many times, they get to the FT line and WON'T shoot it. Bottom line, I DO NOT LIKE this offense AT ALL. Shouldn't the offense fit the skills of the players?

dippper61 likes this.
  7. Baseline

Baseline Well-Known Member

Money:
    $576
    Wow Golden. Turned your man TO THE BASELINE on the def. end. Had a layup and was scared to go up with it. Very disappointing.