Rabjohns covering open gyms

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by BUcheer, Sep 19, 2012.

1. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,143
    Can someone answer this for me: how can Rabjohns (peegs) be in open gyms that Crean is attending and report on these events? I thought coaching staffs could not discuss recruits--how does Rabjohns just happen to show up to North Central when Crean Is watching Eron Gordon and today when Crean is watching Blueitt at Park Tudor?

2. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,957
    There are other ways to find out where a coach will be. For example, he could have easily been told by the recruit or the recruit's coach.

3. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $279
    Rules that can not possibly being enforced aren't really necessary to follow.

Always plausible deniability

4. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,143
    Ok, I get what you guys are saying, but here's another one. How is rabjohns always at the AAU tournament that Crean is at on the exact same day that Crean is there--keeping in mind that these coaches are often going back and forth between tournaments in different cities the same weekend? I know it's not enforceable, but it sure seems to be nose thumbing the rules.

5. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    Schools with giant enforcement departments are there to make sure that they can work around the rules that are there without technically breaking the rules. Same reason why Kentucky has a Taj Mahal for their players, but get around the whole preferential treatment by hand selecting students that aren't on the team.