Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,987
    Red Indiana has never even met the 50% threshold for those vaccinated. The implication is that could potentially have a negative impact BU basketball once again. Any concerns are well justified IMO.

ButlerProf, Baddog and 2xDawg like this.
  2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,361
    To my earlier point about Europe… Macron gets it. This should 100% be the same in this country. But of course some wingnut’s FREEDOM to see a movie and spread a deadly virus apparently outweighs our freedom to remain safe from said virus.

2BB4A955-CD13-48E2-9C31-AA00FDBDAB5C.jpeg

3. seadawg

Money:
    $8,987
    I never intended to imply conservatives were suddenly having a sincere change of heart on the vaccine. This is an attempt of self-preservation to manipulate the press and media as to soften their image. It has very little to do with what is in best interest of the public's health. I also feel Biden failed to bring in someone to combat the disinformation surrounding masks and the vaccines. While it should not be necessary to do so, in this political climate it was.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  4. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,361
    Total charge. Also how on earth does that guy get up like nothing happened?!

DawgsMD likes this.
  5. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,047
    Had two fractures only and some internal bruising. Driver said it was an accident, meant to hit the brake and hit the gas, 2 year suspended jail sentence 250 unpaid work hours 2 year driving band and a much more strict driving exam to be reinstated

6. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,248
    “Guardians' reflects those attributes that define us while drawing on the iconic Guardians of Traffic just outside the ballpark on the Hope Memorial Bridge.”

[​IMG]

7. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,231
    These are the Guardians being referenced FWIW:

8. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

Money:
    $559
  9. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,985
    I've noticed that Republican governors seem to have handled COVID-19 and the vaccination efforts much better than the House and Senate GOP. The difference? They actually have a government to run. The Senate, and especially the House, do not have that responsibility.

Tentozen, #60, NCJon and 2 others like this.
  10. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,820
    About time.....600k+ deaths later. How about Ron DeSantis, now espousing basically the same message as Ivey, yet at his website fundraising with anti vax and comic Fauci tee's and materials. All of this is an attempt to change their histories on Covid and savage their reputations on the pandemic, which, after all this time, is appreciated, but truly rings hollow. Want to tell that to all the families in Alabama and Florida that lost loved ones with the inept management and messaging in those states until just recently.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  11. seadawg

Money:
    $8,987
    Indiana finally reached 50%, of those eligible for the vaccine.

dawgs2014 and BUcheer like this.
  12. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,254
    Agree completely. Here's the thing, why would this change in messaging do anything but harden a lot of the unvaccinated population's views? They already don't trust the government (I don't wholly blame them either), and now to them they've got to fight not only the federal government's campaign, but now their state government speaking out of both sides of their mouths as well. I don't want to go too deep down the rabbit hole there, but I can at least empathize with being skeptical of what the government tells them.

IMO, toothpaste is out of the tube, and has been since the virus arrived in 2020 and simple solutions to help with the spread were immediately politicized. Democrats aren't blameless in this either when they (I know at least Harris did this) promoted skepticism over the safety of the vaccine in the weeks leading up to the election. Even if it wasn't "I won't take the vaccine and you shouldn't either.", even suggesting that the vaccine wouldn't be safe is unfortunately enough for some to avoid taking it.

Staxawax likes this.
  13. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,666
    If you (anyone) think vaccination is a government matter then you’re just not very smart.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  14. Dunhamfor3

Dunhamfor3 Active Member

Money:
    $196
    Image1627087094.036307.jpg

Drinking the Kool-Aid my man. DeSantis is the boogie man!?

But wait he has the oldest population in the country, 3rd largest state, but has 1/3 less deaths per capita then your beloved Newsome and Cuomo. Oh and his economy is the strongest in our nation. So I don’t think he will be telling all the families in Florida how inept his management has been. It is okay to see someone from the other side do well, and make it a roadmap for the rest of the country. Or you can just wait till he is residing in the White House in 2024, and everyone can prosper in the way he has lead Florida

Sorry if I offended 1/2 the board with an American flag

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    PharmDDawg and iluvsnow like this.
  15. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,235
    I will say this - if DeSantis can effectively distance himself from Trump without alienating the constituents, he’s got a reasonable shot at winning the republican ticket for 2024. He’s carefully doing and saying a lot of the right things at this point without pissing off the orange man and, therefore, the voting party.

The country needs youth and someone who is confident yet not a complete a-hole. I would not be surprised to see it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

willisbrown likes this.
  16. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,857
    No need to feel sorry ... but what I find really offensive is how small you made the flag look. Please post a larger emoji so everyone can see.

17. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,605
    He's the obvious answer for the party but...unless he somehow secures Trump's support and Trump decides not to run...no chance. And from the tea leaves (yes early) it looks like Trump will run in 2024. Long way to go obviously.

18. the_speakers_lab

Money:
    $5,248
    As someone who wants to see more ppl vaccinated, I think getting full FDA approval matters, especially legally. The FDA is part of the Government

19. the_speakers_lab

Money:
    $5,248
    Any name is going to have backlash, but naming they named their baseball after bridge monuments dedicated to protect car jams and bicycles... Sweet might as well be the Indy Monuments, oops Indy Eleven

20. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,717
    Here’s a random and curmudgeonly thought: why do we still have mascots anyway?

Why aren’t the Colts just the Indianapolis Football Club?

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

ButlerProf and tlp63 like this.