Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,820
    Spinning off of @ButlerGoalie's fantastic in-season lookalike threads, has this board ever entertained the idea of what actors would play members of our 2010-11 teams/staffs if they were ever to make a movie about those runs? I'm sure it won't happen, but I've got to think if we would have won one of them, especially 2010, there would have been a decent chance of a feature film, or at least a 30-for-30.

Anyway, I'd start with likely the easiest one: Ronald Nored played by Robert Ri'Chard, mainly of Cousin Skeeter and Coach Carter fame.

upload_2019-8-3_21-36-26.jpeg

upload_2019-8-3_21-37-46.jpeg

2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,514

Joel, AC & Bobby Plump.

MBA2003 likes this.
  3. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $2,297
    Green, Smith and Stevens. Green was a nice guy on campus/at hinkle when I was there. And smith and Stevens well duh.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

MBA2003, Staxawax and #60 like this.
  4. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,172
    SpartanDawgs likes this.
  5. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,676
    Impossible. Maybe they could trademark an object (e.g., hat) with the word on it. A word or phrase can be registered as a service mark. But you can’t trade mark or service mark a word or words that are in common usage. What do all the lawyers on this board say?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

6. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,820
  7. Butlerfan96

Butlerfan96 Member

Money:
    $106
  8. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,188
    Article was well written and informative, but no mention of Bryce Golden which I thought was weird since they talking about the front court which I thought was weird.

butlerguy03 likes this.
  9. GO_DAWGS!

GO_DAWGS! Active Member

Money:
    $86
    Anyone ever found a true Butler Blue paint? It's not hard to find the CMYK, RGB numbers for the color the school uses, but getting that in a can of paint seems a different story. Could always have something scanned, but figured someone on here likely painted something Butler Blue on purpose? My kid wants a couple blue walls in his new room, so figure would be fun to use a blue that matches his Butler gear/stuff!

10. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,514
    http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.c...cuments/2016/11/6/BUTLER_UNIVERSITY_BUTL_.pdf

Tell your paint shop to match PMS 2767 C. Gotta be cheaper than any licensed version (if there is one).

11. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,836
    You know what's underrated....Hardees.

12. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,021
    He problem with Hardee’s is that it doesn’t know what it wants to be. But yeah.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,836
    This is a good point, but their breakfast is solid and their burgers are on the better end of fast food joints.

ButlerGoalie likes this.
  14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,514
    There's only one sunset, and it's been going around the earth for billions of years.

kmacker69 and willisbrown like this.
  15. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,146
    Only 51 days until the tip off against Kokomo... (seems longer than those billions of years of sunsets)

16. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,743
    Hurricanes Suck! Living near the coast of NC is great except when these things come to visit. (I'm high and dry and safe.) Just started to get feeder bands and it will be here until tomorrow morning. Yep Hurricanes suck!

NCJon and #60 like this.

#60 Active Member

Money:
    $1,246
    All you Southeastern Bulldogs PLEASE STAY SAFE!!

kmacker69 likes this.
  18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,514

#60, seadawg and kmacker69 like this.
  19. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,743
    Ditka vs Dorian, Ditka kicks it's butt! I'm on generator power waiting on Duke Power to reset it! (Duke Sucks even when it's a power company!)

NCJon likes this.
  20. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,301
    I actually dislike Duke Energy more than I dislike Duke basketball - and that's saying a lot.

If you want to see how truly awful Duke Energy is - and how long it has been awful - check out the documentary Harlan County, U.S.A.

Actually, there's more reasons to watch it than just seeing the ugly side of Duke Energy. But still. Regardless, I hope they get your power turned on soon.

kmacker69 likes this.