Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,619
    Sounds like 3/3 today.

2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,799
    Ah yes...you would think. But, greed isn't a deadly sin for nothing.

I threw a bet in on Iowa-Iowa St and hit that as well...so at 3-0 for the day at that point, I said the hell with it. I'm on a roll, let's double it.

The good-Michigan and Liberty...bang bang. But when you get too aggressive, there is bad. I made a foolish play on Texas, simply thinking Arkansas was awful as usual. Nope. I also played Miami thinking...you know, they got run last week and they need to put their foot back on the gas and surely...surely they have more talent than App St and can cover.......nope. Lastly and most shameful, my dumbass had faith in and laid on USC at home knowing damn well their coach is incompetent. Complete blowout. Chasing $$ on a late night west coast game when you've already won the day-gentlemen that's greed in its finest form.

But there's always tomorrow.

3. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,010
    The return of 12 Step Season: aka "the great degenerate gambler migration" Happens every September.

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  4. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,799
    That and go check out a gambler's anonymous the week after the super bowl...it's pretty full I'm told.

But quitters never prosper and goonies never say die (you youngins won't get that reference). The sun rose and so did I today, week one NFL...let's get it.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  5. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $709
    The dogs were barking on NFL week one. I got massacred lol

6. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,105
    I randomly heard a stat (that I didn't verify) that underdogs go 50% on opening weekend in the NFL. I put ML bets on every + I found. I came out ok. Also had BYU ML at +225 on Saturday night. Alexander Rossi for a top 3 finish in IndyCar was +110 as well. I had a good weekend.

7. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,799
    I played a lot of underdogs yesterday too. Some hit some didn't. Weirdest game of the day had to be GB-NO...I've never in 15-16 years (however long he's been starting) seen Rogers play so pitiful or his WRs completely smothered like that. You could argue they looked like the worst team in the league yesterday. They'll bounce back but damn.

Was listening to a guy yesterday morning that suggested a money line parlay of Carolina, Buffalo, SF...I followed the lead and Buffalo got me. About even day overall. Didn't touch last night's game but Stafford+rams may be a deadly combo. They looked outstanding.

8. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,619
    I did a 14-game college football ML parlay.

I went 13 and Ohio State. But I’ll take the L if it means OSU loses.

9. fchd

fchd Member

Money:
    $131
    Over here in the UK we've got a new sporting superstar, 18 year-old tennis player Emma Raducanu.

A little over three months ago, she was virtually unknown and at about No. 350 in the world, then got a Wild Card into Wimbledon, reaching the 4th round before having to retire. That pushed her into the 150s, enough to get her into the qualifying even of the US Open, so without that Wimbledon WC, we wouldn't be having these moments.

She then proceeded to waltz her way through the qualifying three rounds all in straight sets, and all the way through the main draw (again all in straight sets) before beating fellow teenager Laylah Fernandez on Saturday night. She has become the first British woman to win a Grand Slam singles event since 1977, and the first qualifier, man or woman, to ever win one of the Majors.

From No. 350, she is now ranked No. 23 and with no points at all to defend until next June she can only climb higher between now and then.

She has received a messaage of support from Her Majesty The Queen, and sundry other high profile names. Let's just hope the British media don't build her up just to try and knock her down the minute she loses a couple of matches.

PSUButlerFan, shoeevv, #60 and 2 others like this.
  10. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,230
  11. BUBBALUM

BUBBALUM Active Member

Money:
    $354
    The curse of the city of the "blue blob", as my niece calls it. The movers never showed up to move the furniture and exorbitant amount of boxes this past weekend.

12. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,619
    The Jaguars still exist, right?

13. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,799
    Three favorites last weekend that got absolutely destroyed-Packers (-4), Jags (-3) and Titans (-3).

14. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,619
  15. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,221
    Truly horrific stuff...

2xDawg likes this.
  16. Staxawax

Money:
    $12,230
    They were favored.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

17. Staxawax

Money:
    $12,230
    Hinkle and 2xDawg like this.
  18. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,221
    China thought 45 to be so unstable that they were considering a pre-emptive nuclear strike. Thank goodness Milley took control.

Tentozen likes this.
  19. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,619
    The worst part about that article I posted has to be his line to Pence:

“Mike if you don’t overturn this election I won’t be your friend anymore!”

Wow… I mean we all knew this, but that is the mind, thought process and logic of a 5-year-old. That’s what kindergarteners do on the playground. His mental maturity and level of understanding never advanced past that of a child.

And yet some of you idiots voted for him.

knobcreekfan, 2xDawg and Tentozen like this.
  20. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,308
    For me the saddest part of the article was that nothing surprised me.

#60, Tentozen, 2xDawg and 4 others like this.