Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,704
    College football has changed, and they also play in the easiest division in P5 football outside of the entire ACC. They basically have to beat Iowa in their annual mirror game (Bc both teams look the exact same) and then just line up and run over a handful of crap teams. That’s enough to get them to 10-2 and an annual assbeating in the Big Ten Championship given they never play anyone of consequence in the non-conference. The B1G is completely misaligned with the best programs in the East.

Irishdawg likes this.
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,902
    As a child the two programs outside of local ones who got so much noise and were always pointed to as the standard of great programs were Florida St and Miami...then Miami hit a bump but came back while I was still mostly young. In Florida, with all that talent surrounding you...it really is amazing how far each programs has fallen and the doormats they have become.

Big weekend coming up. Cincy v ND, Arky v GA, The mighty rebels against Bama...fun times.

3. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,704
    Arkansas and Ole Miss and both way better than Auburn and TAMU. Fun to see college football invert a bit.

If Cinci wins, if ever there was a year for them to make the playoff, this is it. ACC is likely out. Pac 12 hopes rest on Oregon. Big 12 - OU is garbage. Big Ten - Ohio State is not their normal dominance, PSU has a hard schedule, etc.

Expect lots of chaos this year.

4. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,902
    Lines I like this coming week:

BYU -8, Purdue -2, PSU -11, Louisville + 7, Boise -6, ND +3, GA -18, Oregon -7, Texas -4.5, Michigan straight up, Florida to roll Kentucky.

Lets see how dumb I am.

5. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,276
    The big lie has morphed into the big cry...

6. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,854
    Not true. The big lie is alive and well among the Trump cultists and state and national Republican elected officials. The results of the AZ audit were never pivotal in any sense, no matter the results. By perpetuating the big lie the right continues to fuel anger and victimization among the morons, Trump's ego and the steady contribution money stream. It's a win for Republicans, regardless if democracy be damned. The big lie is really the big scam. What America should never forget (but they will), 147 U.S. Republican Reps and 8 Senators voted NOT to certify the 2020 election results making Joe Biden president. That vote immediately followed the Jan. 6th insurrection. Never, ever should they get a pass.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  7. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,704
  8. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,902
    Dakich (everyone's favorite) is joining Outkick to do a streamed show from 9-11 edt.

9. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,992
    I'll be sure to tune in!

#60, CMG and dawgs2014 like this.
  10. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,632
    Sounds like he's not doing games for ESPN anymore. He said the final straw at ESPN is when they hired Matt Jones, a sports personality from Kentucky - who he has a feud with.

I'm currently reading Jones' book, Mitch Please, about how terrible Mitch McConnell has been for the state of Kentucky and the US as a whole. It's been a great read so far.

seadawg, 2xDawg and Tentozen like this.
  11. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,401
    Dakich will fit right in at Outkick. In terms of pure basketball analysis, he's not bad, but his constant airing of grievances and "tough guy" persona, makes it hard to want to listen to him. As a comparison, while I don't enjoy Walton calling a game, at least he's happy about things in his life.

NCJon, Tentozen and Hinkle like this.
  12. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,902
    I was thinking about this earlier. I don't listen to the radio show except when LaVall is on but in terms of basketball...when I see him doing a game I roll my eyes...but then he'll say a couple things during the course of the game where you're like "damn, great point. " and you come away confused because you can't stand 99% of him, but he makes some compelling points during a broadcast.

A ton of Outkick listeners are southern types so it'll be interesting to see the reaction to Dakich once he gets rolling. He has no name recognition here like in the midwest. They got the big Nashville afternoon show to move over for streaming, now Dakich in the morning. The afternoon show is ok I guess. I like Withrow but can't stand the other two. I may tune into Dakich just to see the format...but probably not. His ranting makes me want to cut my ears off.

13. CMG

CMG Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $335
    Losing a 6 figure ESPN TV deal and then losing your shirt gambling drove Dan to deliver for DoorDash.
    After months of bagging up burgers and wings for his customers he named his new show Sack Up with Dan Dakich.

14. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,149
    Does this mean he is leaving Indy airwaves? Hopefully? I know The Fan has been auditioning local people quite a bit lately (they tease it as "guest" hosts), Gregg Doyle, Jake Query, Mike Wells, and others. It was time for some new blood. JMV's show is only 10% sports. I've done much less sports radio listening since Dakich went off the deep end completely about a year ago and JMV started hosting the 80's all request show - both shows have taken a serious turn for the worse.

By the way the Greenburg show is just awful.

edit: I would love it if ISC and The Fan co-opted together. Do more local things on weekends, nights; add Query & Shultz to mid days or mid mornings; have full access to Greg Rakestraw. This would provide a video outlet for The Fan too.

15. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,841
    Spot on. He’s perfect for Outkick, which is kind of an insult to both of them.

NCJon and Tentozen like this.
  16. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,276
    Do all republicans have erotic dreams about Tom Cotton?

17. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,439
    Greg Rakestraw is the most knowledgeable and intelligent, well-reasoned local radio personality bar none.

18. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,210
    Dan Dakich said today he plans to continue doing his local 12-3 show.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

19. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,704
    This is what freaks me out. If I get it, I’m going to survive. But this is what I’m trying to avoid by being so cautious.

20. tlp63

tlp63 Active Member

Money:
    $218
    Which is why my arm is very sore from that booster shot yesterday. Yes, I am one of those old people, but not a cranky one at the games. I love singing the War Song, cheering, and don’t mind standing.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

ButlerProf, BUBBALUM, seadawg and 2 others like this.