Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Active Member

Money:
    $390
    So sorry to hear that. Major bummer. I’ve heard other unfortunate tales. Worst was a 2-time alum, emeritus faculty member, Athletic Dept. Hall of Famer, and 40+ year season ticket holder LOST THEIR LONGTIME SEATS!! 4 seats. Criminal in my view. Lost to deeper pockets. I’m still sore about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

seadawg likes this.
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,902
    Gamblers....am I crazy to like Seattle as a home dog tomorrow night?

3. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,122
    Criminal? It’s actually an open market where anyone can participate and choose any seat they like. I don’t envy the creators of the rules of this said game, but you either play or you lose. Much like every other aspect of your life.

dawgs2014 and godogs91 like this.
  4. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,149
    It's +2.5 on DK. I'd buy it up to +3 and take Seattle.

willisbrown likes this.
  5. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,149
    Also, while I get the disappointment in not being able to keep one's seats, I can't remember how many comments/threads have talked about the fact that Butler doesn't spend money for practice facilities, coaches, etc. We cannot have it both ways. The money has to come from somewhere. That somewhere is donors, either a little or a lot at a time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

knobcreekfan likes this.
  6. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,902
    Exactly what I am wanting to do but my board is not allowing that hook to be bought out right now. Which is annoying. Saying that it seems money is coming in on the rams a little for what I can get that +2.5 for so maybe a few more bets come in and it pushes it to 3.

Many people I read like Coastal Carolina tonight...but laying 19 on the road on a Thursday? That's a risky play.

Also the GA and Bama lines have shifted down since they opened. No idea why but I'd jump on both if you can get them around 15 and 17. Large lines in the sec often intimidate me...but those two are just so far ahead of the other teams in conference.

7. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,553
    Any thoughts on Houston/Tulane? I’m leaning towards Houston giving 6.5

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

8. butlerguy03

Money:
    $2,149
    Anyone recommend a realtor that KNOWS Carmel? We currently live on the westside and are prequalified with contingency. Only looking in Carmel and will not be talked into anything that isn't perfect.

9. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,439
  10. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,902
    Butler alum year before me (2000) and fellow Phi Delt. Does a great job and has been for almost 20 years up there.

https://www.talktotucker.com/rule-team

butlerguy03 likes this.
  11. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,902
    I think Tulane spent all of their bullets at Oklahoma and Ole Miss. They haven't looked good and Houston is kinda rolling. Not sure if I'll bet that one but if I do I'm laying Houston.

Tentozen likes this.
  12. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,439
    Not sure how the ESG guys at the entrances to the parking lot would know who that person is? They just look to see if you have a pass or not. Did this alum not realize you needed to purchase a pass?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

knobcreekfan and dawgs2014 like this.
  13. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,318
    If the program had $1 for every comment on this board demanding bigger & better facilities, higher pay for coaches, bigger recruiting budget, better drinks & food in EFG, etc...we could have had it all by now.

As someone said above, I cannot imagine having to develop this system so that everyone thinks it is perfectly fair every time. I imagine like most things in life, it is perfectly fair when things run in your favor, but when it doesn't the system sucks.

2xDawg, NCJon and godogs91 like this.
  14. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,902
    I suppose I was. Wilson going down didn't do me any favors. But, I hit on Houston so, it's a wash (the seattle line was even money).

No idea what to do much tomorrow. Other than Bama...maybe Michigan. Iowa-Penn St should be intriguing but watching Penn St this year their advantage over Iowa is their speed...and speed usually wins the day. I may go light on them.

I also think Ole Miss-Arky's over is way too high (67).

15. butlerguy03

Money:
    $2,149
    Penn State +121 ML
    Notre Dame -115 ML

ButlerGoalie likes this.
  16. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,704
    My God let this be true. These are nice numbers.

17. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,902
    Yep great news. We're down (according to NYT stats) 49% here in GA over the last couple weeks. Maybe we can celebrate Christmas and Hanukah after all (sarcasm I hope y'all get).

I'm looking forward to being in a capacity filled Hinkle at some point this season. For now, it's oyster time. $1 a pop til 7.

codawg and formz42 like this.
  18. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,704
    znelson15 likes this.
  19. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,474
  20. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,704
    Nah, I couldn’t care less. But it’s the biggest sports story of the last 5 days and will be for the next few.

Gruden is an asshole. We know this. Didn’t realize it extended this far, but… *shrugs*

No one got hurt or died or anything. Just coming to light what people know.

Anyway the Colts are boat racing their original city. Jacksonville and Houston Are terrible, so this team still has a shot at the playoffs.