Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,902
    Yep, gotta know when to hit the "send" button on an email, text or tweet. I have a friend going through a nasty divorce and the texts exchanged the last few months have come to light...no bueno. He had everything in his favor, including tons of mental illness on her side...that's all prob in flames now. Never leave a paper trail. And everything nowadays can be had. Tread lightly.

Back to something that matters...how long is the PSU QB out? I haven't seen and if he's not out long I hope they don't hold this game against them. They were in control and I was already counting my money I laid. Still almost pulled it off. They are the better team of those two. The big ten is wild with 5 teams in the top ten. I still think the cream rises to the top but we'll see (the most talented rosters and best coaches are psu and osu).

I'm contemplating pulling out all my investments and laying it on Bama this weekend. I kid I kid...but State bout to get a Saban bounce back beat down. As long as he doesn't kill those kids in practice this week.

Go rebels.

2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,704
    No one knows for sure, but the speculation is broken ribs. That sucked. We were up 17-3 and Iowa had zero answers for our O. We win that game by 3 TDs if Cliff doesn’t get hurt. Sigh. Iowa may be the most overrated #2 of all time. They aren’t very good.

Luckily we have a Bye and then Illinois, who we can beat with our backup QB. But on the 30th if we go into Columbus without Cliff, we’re going to get smoked.

Great no defense win for Ole Miss. Great to stop the 2 to hold on at the end.

3. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,704
    Man That was an impressive choke by the Colts. Execute a basic FG by blocking down on your inside gap and they win 28-25. That’s a tough one to take.

znelson15 likes this.
  4. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,902
    Bye then Illinois is about the most you can ask Santa for in this case. a solid 2 weeks+ and maybe he can go. It's a shame because overall just more talented this weekend. But that backup was pretty bad. If the same happened to Ole Miss...the same result. No shot with the talent behind Corral.

And yeah the #2 and 3 this week-probably the worst in many years. Shrug. College football usually figures itself out so we'll see. I'm still a Bama believer and Georgia is so deep. What sucks is that Ohio St and Penn St won't be able to both make the final four...again best coaches and most talented of the big ten. A college playoff this year with GA, Bama, OSU and PSU would be the best talent showcase.

I unfortunately think that with their new toy, Oklahoma runs the table and Cincy has nothing in their way.

5. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,401
    Iowa is going to get crushed by whoever comes out of the East of the Big Ten (assuming they can't rely on hurting the opponent's starting QB in the 1st half at home), and if it's a 1 loss PSU or OSU squad, they'll take Iowa's place in the Playoff.

Oklahoma probably has enough good teams on their schedule to stay in, but Cincinnati is going to fall out unless Alabama doesn't turn things around.

Hinkle likes this.
  6. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,902
    I agree about Iowa. They were on their way to getting crushed this last weekend until the qb went down. After that Penn St couldn't do dog crap and the defense eventually wore down...which is going to happen when you have zero offensive support. When the big ten title game comes, if Iowa is still rolling...yeah easy money on them to get smoked.

The one good thing is BYU coughed it up so we don't have to worry about them in a playoff.

7. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,704
  8. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,902
    I confirmed by degenerate status last night going heavy on the App St-Louisiana game...on a Tuesday. And I hit Louisiana +4 easily...Tuesday night action is the best.

And yeah, F the four letter. The only thing they kinda do right is a football game (college) here and there. And that's because they are tied in with the big ten and sec so it's hard to foul that up.

Never liked Schefter. Always thought he was fairly conceited in his "reporting" and almost if he was talking down to people. Mort was better. This doesn't surprise me.

9. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,401
    Absolutely he should be. Darren Rovell then backed Schefter up and soon thereafter backtracked when he found out most people didn't agree with them.

Doesn't matter what network it is, I ONLY watch live games anymore. The rest is a giant waste of time, IMO.

10. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,902
    Fox Sports Radio is ok...so I'll stream that at night and in the morning...I'll occasionally tune into Cowherd...but my dial doesn't go near the four letter unless it's MNF, Ile Miss or maybe a primetime college game on ABC. First Take is garbage and their "best" show (as far as ratings)...it was trending on twitter today because of how angry Screamin' A Smith got about Kyrie. I hit a link for about 30 seconds and realized my life is better off without.

When we were kids and early adults, we had real highlights and analysis. We had NFL Primetime which was dad and my favorite show to watch together. Never missed it.

Their personalities are shells of what they were and they are more concerned with pushing narratives vs reporting actual results. It's just a shame but things come and go...I'd say about 10 or so years ago is when things began to plummet and now it's just an embarrassment.

11. WDLTH

WDLTH Member VIP Member

Money:
    $110
    It appears Jordan Cornette and his wife Shae are hosting SportsNation. I haven't checked it out (and I don't know if I can because it's on ESPN+), but I will always root for the Cornette's. I liked it when Jordan called Butler games. He always has nice things to say about the program.

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/es...look-with-hosts-jordan-and-shae-cornette.html

znelson15 likes this.
  12. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,704
    100% agree. Live games only. Only two shows I might watch:

1. I like to tune in for the last 15 minutes of Gameday to see the picks and to watch Corso struggle thru putting on another headgear.

2. Post soccer matches I’ll occasionally watch 15-20 minutes of the postgame show, especially like yesterday if there were a bunch of WCQ matches not on tv and they’re showing highlights from them.

So 15 minutes per week on fall Saturdays and then maybe another 2 hours per year. Even at halftime of Penn State games I flip to another game.

13. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,902
    It would have been nice if he wouldn't have joined the four letter because his hoops analysis is pretty good. I'm sure there was some kind of draw and now he has his own show (even though it's streaming).

14. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,902
    The latest ad to appear up top for me is a panties sale at Macy's. I suppose the site caught me buying my cross dressing outfits the other day.

15. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,474
    Yeah, that happens...

willisbrown likes this.
  16. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,222
    Fox sports radio is all I listen to now

All the shows are great.

Have you heard jimmy jimmerson on the Dan Patrick show, it’s basically a slap in the face to everything ESPN does and it’s Aweosme.

Lavar arrington has also become a favorite of mine as well

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

17. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,902
    Ha, yeah I listen to him some in the morning. I do like that schtick. His show is good. The early morning show is good...Cowherd is ok, Gottlieb is tolerable now that he's not with the four letter...the best show is the Jason Smith or Straight Outta Vegas (if one gambles). There's a late night straight outta vegas on saturdays that starts at 2am edt...as a night owl it's great to listen to before you fire in the nfl wagers.

znelson15 likes this.
  18. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Well-Known Member

Money:
    $542

Butler graduate, Rob Riethman, has a son attending the Naval Academy and this is what he did last weekend as a freshman.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

19. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,704
    Haha Lavar… I know him. Interesting cat. He’s a huge proponent of PSU in the media. Dude was a freak of nature as a player.

znelson15 likes this.
  20. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,704
    Also… a HUGE 3 points last night for the USMNT in Game 6 (of 14) in this qualifying cycle. They played all three games down their top 2 players and came away with 6 points (should have been 7 but Zardes sucks).

Not overly comfortable yet, but we’re in a good spot.