Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,381
    What's nice to see, even with a couple of the top guys out, is the overall speed of the program at this point. Watching last night, granted CR was down a couple and playing some really old (relatively) dudes...the US was not only faster/quicker...but in dominating style. There needs to be plenty of cleanup still and we have to find a way to get and stay healthy. These last 6 or so months what I've noticed the most of out this "new" batch is the speed...and that's huge.

Irishdawg likes this.
  2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,286
    Agreed. But we were lucky last night that Bryan Ruiz is like 100 years old. A legit player and it’s 2-2 on a breakaway goal given the horrendous pass from Miles Robinson (who was terrible last night but has otherwise been good). At least he and Richards are way faster than Zimmerman or Brooks. We will need the speed in our CBs given how much Dest and ARob like to get forward (and we want Dest forward given what he did last night).

But yes when Healthy I salivate about a front 3 of Puli, Pepi and Gio backed up by Aaronson, Hoppe and Weah.

Then you have Adams, McKennie and Musah in the midfield backed up by Acosta and Busio. That’s a legit team right there. Now if we only had Jesse Marsch to coach them. 2026 on home soil let’s hope…

3. willisbrown

Money:
    $13,381
    Hard to be bored with the great weather and all the good action around the dial sports wise but...I started "dopesick" late last night. Only one episode in and if it wasn't 130 I would have kept going. It looks to be very well done. It's a hulu original so you have to have that service to watch it.

4. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,420
    Is it me or does everyone else envision a lot of road teams winning this week in the NFL?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

5. willisbrown

Money:
    $13,381
    Lots of road favorites this weekend and one that isn't that I think will also win is Arizona. But yeah Buffalo, Dallas, GB, Rams, KC all on the road and decent sized favorites.

6. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,162
    If the Colts were playing anyone other than the Texans at home this week, I would say they would be a victim as well.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

7. pjohnsto2003

Money:
    $8,420
    I honestly think the Texans win by more than a TD. The Colts secondary is in a world of hurt right now.

8. pjohnsto2003

Money:
    $8,420
    Yep - no Chubb and possibly no Landry.

9. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,149
    Browns have been absolutely decimated. But they’ll win. The days of losing in Cleveland are over.

10. pjohnsto2003

Money:
    $8,420
    Is this my twin brother?

11. willisbrown

Money:
    $13,381
    God you better pray not.

I keed I keed.

12. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,440
    I like New England beating Dallas this weekend at the fox

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. willisbrown

Money:
    $13,381
    I've listened to some gambling talking heads say the same. They like NE as a home dog. Dallas is rolling though. Tough one to pick.

14. willisbrown

Money:
    $13,381
    Put on a suit for the first time since my grandmother's funeral just now. Amazingly it fits.

Also, further proof that Penn St runs away from Iowa last weekend if that QB doesn't go out, Iowa getting worked by Purdue (so far). So not the number 2 team in the country.

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  15. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,369
    David Bell is as fine a receiver as there is. He also led his team to a state title in basketball.

16. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,286
    Caught the end after hiking today. Well down, Purdue. Boat racing that garbage Iowa team in Kinnick.

17. willisbrown

Money:
    $13,381
    Tennessee fans are all class. If you haven't seen what they did, go check it out. Hit Kiffin with damn golf ball (on the arm thankfully and it only grazed him). But that was a disgusting scene. If programs can get fines from a conference for kids running onto a field after a big win...I hope they fine the holy hell out of those hillbillies.

Go Rebels.

18. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,149
    That was so gross. Tennessee should not be allowed to have fans in the lower part of the stadium the rest of the year. If they don’t want to control the crowd, then they shouldn’t get to have a crowd.

19. willisbrown

Money:
    $13,381
    Went to a gala last night for Rainbow Village which is a non prof in Gwinnett Co that helps homeless, single mothers and their children find apartments to live in/after school activities, jobs for the mothers, sports etc. Anyway, mom is on the gala committee and I've helped do some homebuying classes for residents of the programs once they are ready, so La chica and I got to go. It was well done with a silent auction, live auction, a wine wall, raffle and a live donation thingy for each project(s) they are working on/continuing. The wine wall was a $35 ticket, the wine I got was $120 retail according to the wine dude. So, that's fun.

Anyway...the great thing is it is a smaller gala (About 200 guests or so, maybe a few more) and it raised damn near $500K for Rainbow Village. Not a bad get for a great time and purpose.

20. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,875
    What was the wine? Just curious. I know a thing or two about wine. :)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021