Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,288
    My God this is something. I have never been more embarrassed to be from Iowa or to share the same air as these… whatever they are.

jeff, #60, bobbu64 and 2 others like this.
  2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,369
    This is a whole new level of comedy...

3. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,330
    My neighborhood is 170-ish homes. 17 have sold in 2021.

4. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $740
    To touch on the housing boom here locally, we briefly considered moving this summer back around the start of school. We live in Johnson County, and bought our 1750 sq ft, 3 bed, 2.5 bath house 5 years ago for 160k. In that time, between the kids and the dog the house is showing some wear from being 20 years old and well loved. Our agent told us to do nothing, clean and take pictures, and he could sell it in a day for 250k+ as is.

We fell in love with a house on the East side of Franklin, out close to the Shelby County line. The home was perfect, but listed at 525k for a 4bed house on 5 acres that a few years ago would have been 375-425k. It was on the market one day before we saw it, and in the two days had multiple offers above asking. Our agent and mortgage broker both encouraged us to pursue an above asking offer not contingent on selling our house if we wanted to potentially purchase. The market is wild, and with the arrival of baby 3 last week a 4 bedroom house is definitely on the radar. I just can't see buying until it cools off a little.

5. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $220
    This is so far off the wall it's funny! Were they paid to be so dumb!

jeff and tlp63 like this.
  6. oldstyle1908

oldstyle1908 Active Member

Money:
    $2,976
  7. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,383
    Cincy, Oklahoma, Michigan, Penn St all in early battles with way lesser teams. The Oklahoma score surprises me the most.

8. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,358
    Illinois/Penn State….
    The Never Ending Story?
    Offense is Futile?

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

godogs91 likes this.
  9. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,162
    Woof. The vaunted Illini air attack throwing for...38 yards. Guess you really don't need to throw when you run for 357.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

10. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,974
    I started watching at OT#2. PSU must be heartbroken.:(

11. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $17,288
    More so just disgusted. At the end it was actually kind of hilarious how bad it was. That was the biggest steaming pile of turd I have ever watched. Two horrible teams playing like ****. Truly the battle of who wanted it LEAST.

But hey at least we set a record for “longest” football game ever! So there’s that…

2xDawg likes this.
  12. seadawg

Money:
    $9,369
    The running game for PSU was nearly as poor as Purdue.

13. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,383
    Penn St better burn the film and just throw that one away with OSU coming up.

Oh and LSU...suck it.

14. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $17,288
    It has been that way all season. Interior OL is crap. The difference today was we couldn’t pass because Cliff is injured and his movement is severely limited. Oh well.

15. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,443
    Watching Monday night football

Pete Carroll is past his prime

Seahawks get a pick and then he runs the ball in two straight plays to set up 3rd and 11

It’s a new nfl, throw the damn ball even if you have geno smith throwing

You have a very nice wide receiver group.

My got is he is ready to go coach college again, and no wonder russel struggles to play there

Geno isn’t a pro bowl qb but he is a damn good back up

That is my nfl rant for the week and yes I know to many spaces (double space) Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

16. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,456
    I wonder if back in the day, I thought Episode 1 was a terrible movie and if I was stunned visibly by the graphics? I wonder how that contrasts with how I’m feeling about Dune. Now, Episode 1 pisses me off bc it's so terrible that I immediately turn the channel whenever it comes on tv. I don't think Dune will do that, but time will tell. That ending tho:mad:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  17. the_speakers_lab

Money:
    $5,456
    Also, No Time to Die is like 10 minutes longer than Dune, yet feels like it’s never going end. While Dune feels like it’s an hour long and I wish wouldn’t have ended, even w the terrible ending. Lastly, Free Guy was great even though it felt like it had some vibes from that terrible Adam Sandler movie.

18. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $17,288
    Haven’t seen Dune yet so no spoilers please.

But Free Guy was really good. I was surprised I enjoyed that as much as I did.

19. the_speakers_lab

Money:
    $5,456
    Friendly advice: if you know nothing about Dune, like me, watch a youtube video beforehand. Knowing the different people/races and their backstory is important. Secondly, watch the movie at a theater. It just hits different... The only good thing about me watching it at home was I could google tf these different ppl were.

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  20. seadawg

Money:
    $9,369
    Axios: G-town tennis coach charged with accepting and soliciting bribes...