Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. dreamcrusher78

dreamcrusher78 Member

Money:
    $54
    Does anyone have any inside knowledge on the number of season ticket holders this year? Has there been a mass exodus since covid? We have been to all games this year and hinkle just looks empty in comparison to previous years. I am in hopes it will be rocking Wednesday! Go dogs!

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,506
    Great question. Hope someone knows the answer.

Hinkle will be rocking on Wednesday! I just hope not many people, that would wear green, were able to get tix. My seat neighbor almost sold her tix to Mich. St. fans because she is out of the country this week. Fortunately, I was able to buy them from her. Go Dawgs!

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

DawgsMD and willisbrown like this.
  3. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,316
    Tix were still available on Saturday. There will likely be a lot of green.

4. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,100
    Is it new(er)? Never heard of it while I was in Indy

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,331
    Coach K's grandson picked up on DWI charges....ran a stop sign or something. Only blew a .08. With who he is and it being borderline, he'll do some community service and it will disappear.

6. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,550
    Banc
    Banchero who is a potential #1 pick for ‘22, was also charged with lesser charges and released. Gonna be an awkward Thanksgiving at the Kryjewski’s.

willisbrown likes this.
  7. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,331
    Maybe NC is different but I've never heard of "aiding and abetting" as a passenger of a driver under the influence (not anywhere I've lived). But yeah his will be a nothing and the grandkid will get a brush (not even a slap).

And dude, you're the grandson of a bagillionaire...holler at Uber or Lyft yo.

Hinkle likes this.
  8. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,921
    Never heard of it either. I wonder if it's more than just being a passenger? Maybe it was his vehicle too?

9. jarik

jarik Active Member

Money:
    $218
    Yes, it was his vehicle.

ConnersvilleBulldog likes this.
  10. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,448
    If you're at the level of a point 0.08, you admit nothing and stall as long as possible while taking the blood test over the breathalyzer. I thought this was common sense?

willisbrown likes this.
  11. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Active Member

Money:
    $421
    Been around a LONG time. I’m putting in the classic dive bars category-a term of endearment.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,100
    Interesting. I used to work hard to find good wings in Indy.

ButlerProf likes this.
  13. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Well-Known Member

Money:
    $757
    U can only stall by asking for a blood test. The problem with that is the blood test is much more accurate and will probably actually be higher than the the breathalyzer. A verified breath test errors on the side of caution. A blood test is precise.

NCJon likes this.
  14. tlp63

tlp63 Active Member

Money:
    $228
    butlerguy03, #60 and NCJon like this.
  15. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,056
    Apologies in advance, but I am quoting a bunch of messages to to clear up a few things here:

It will not disappear. The Orange County (NC) DA's office doesn't negotiate DWI charges beyond agreeing to dismiss the stop sign violation if he pleads guilty. That's largely true across most of the state as the General Assembly has made it harder for a prosecutor to dismiss a DWI charge than anything else, including murder. There are still a few coastal counties and maybe one or two in the mountains that will plead something like that down to reckless driving, but Orange in particular takes it seriously. He's probably going to have to eat those charges in exchange for Banchero's being dismissed.

It's actually not a lesser charge. For all practical purposes, the aid and abet charge is identical - though a tiny bit easier to prove - to the DWI charge. A conviction gets the same type of sentencing, including all the civil problems with license suspension and having to complete alcohol drug education training school in order to get it back. It is easier to dismiss, though, and often prosecutors will dismiss an aid and abet charge if the driver accepts responsibility, i.e. pleads guilty.

It's a fairly common charge in NC when the facts warrant it. There a bunch of different scenarios that qualify, but the easiest for the state to prove is when you let someone you know is drunk drive your car and you're the passenger, which is apparently what happened here.

So you can't really do this. There's no practical way to stall. They advise you on the front end of your right to request a blood draw, and if you don't demand it right then you've crossed a point of no return. Also, there's a pretty set timeline for how the officer operating the breath test machine that actually gets admitted in court gets everything set up. Once he says to blow, you either blow or they record it as a refusal, you lose your license anyway, and they just testify to how drunk you appeared to them. If you ask for the blood test at the right time, you might stall by 15 minutes, but not enough to really make a difference.

Plus, in my experience people right on the .08 line typically think they're much further away from being drunk than they are. This was a highway patrol case and the troopers almost always administer a roadside test that gives them a fairly good idea of what your BAC is even though the roadside test isn't precise enough to make the number admissible. The other danger of stalling is that at most you're going to get 1 hour from the stop and it's possible depending on what you drank and when that your BAC is still rising.

Remember kids, don't take legal advice on a message board!

16. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,350
    IMG_0389.JPG

This was posted on the Indy Nostalgia page of Facebook. No idea what year.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

bumba, ButlerNut, ButlerProf and 2 others like this.
  17. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,413
    Was on my way back from Meier yesterday evening and it was dark and no cars in the lot. Anyone know if they closed down?

18. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,384
    If your seats at Hinkle are white and a fan of the opposing team ends up in them, you should lose your seats for the remainder of the year and lose 100 spots on seat selection day the next year.

ButlerNut and BUcheer like this.
  19. BUcheer

Money:
    $7,550
    Was stunned by all the green in those chairs. Hoping many of them are corporate and not real fans. Which is a good illustration of what must be dealt with when everyone shouts “go get more money”.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

knobcreekfan likes this.
  20. BUcheer

Money:
    $7,550
    Someone is confused on this. Definitely not Hinkle…it’s the Coliseum. I’m not on FB so feel free to post the correction.

A42A8021-0D78-479E-BD34-B3D3BDB79A25.jpeg

ButlerNut and ButlerProf like this.