Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,101
    It seems insane to punish the passenger as much as the driver, am I off on that? I don’t hate the idea of the crime, but in practice it seems crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,350
    I wondered about that. Especially after I went through the media guide and didn’t find any 59-53 games!

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

BUcheer and ButlerProf like this.
  3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,331
    Stop Ohio St, he's already dead.

Damn up 42-0 halfway through the second quarter. And MSU either has or is about to give their coach 95 mil. Yikes.

4. Clevedog

Clevedog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $708
    Love Buckeye football, will bury the other Michigan school next week

5. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,206
    What I’d give for Michigan to thump OSU next week…(but I know it’s unlikely)

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

6. willisbrown

Money:
    $13,331
    I think it's a huge load up for me on OSU.

7. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,206
    Unfortunately I think that’s probably the play.

8. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,270
    The only Team That ever gives OSU a game is PSU. 2019 season was the same.

I really want them to lose, but I’d love to see UGA D just smack them around in the playoff the way that Bama O torched them last year.

9. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,056
    I think Oregon gave them a game.

10. Clevedog

Clevedog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $708
    Oregon was early in the season, just geting in the playoffs makes me happy, but I think they have a good shot to win it all. Just hope Michigan keeps Harbough around for a few more years.

11. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,206
    Those early games can be a bit weird every year. I hate Ohio state, even pre Boltmann, but the line is probably 14+ if they played that game this coming week instead of week two.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

12. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $17,270
    Only Team in-conference****

2016: 3pt win
    2017: 1pt loss (blew 14-pt lead in 4th)
    2018: 1pt loss (blew 12-pt lead in 4th)
    2019: I think it was 28-17 final and it was 21-17 OSU in 4th with our QB knocked out of game
    2021: 30-24 in 4th and lost 33-24

In 2020 IU actually gave them a better game than we did.

13. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $17,270
    If they played again at the Shoe OSU wins by 4 TDs. I mean Utah murdered Oregon. OSU would do this same. Oregon isn’t actually that good. This is like 2014 when OSU lost to a bad VaTech Team week 2 and then won it all.

14. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,316
    At least OSU fans didn’t have to hear that god-awful Go Green Go White chant.

willisbrown likes this.
  15. willisbrown

Money:
    $13,331
    Yeah Oregon laid a big turd last night. And they were getting 3.5 at kick...dumb me thought "well they have a ton to play for seeing that they're currently in the top 4 let's ride"...whoops.

You know who has been a good play this year-Oklahoma St. Obviously GA too. And the last few weeks OSU has been simple plays...I expect the same next week.

You know who I ride every year and usually end up around 10-2 on the regular season? Bama. They're aren't covering so much this year. Really just don't look like their other dominant teams.

16. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,414
    I’d prefer a massive sinkhole to open under the stadium, also thus taking a portion of both teams’ insufferable fanbases.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

17. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,425
    “Nobody does more with less” is quickly fading and was bound to bite our ass eventually. You wanted the Big East? You wanted to be cheap? Congrats, look what we’ve done the last decade….a whole lot of NOTHING. The program is an absolute dumpster fire.

18. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Active Member

Money:
    $421
    In 1975, John Wooden said (paraphrase) ‘no coach gets more out of his players than Tony Hinkle at Butler University.” It’s the year Woden’s book, They Call Me Coach came out I believe. Possibly a quote from the book. I’m ready for more of that 0:)

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. willisbrown

Money:
    $13,331
    HS game ended kinda late tonight (9ish) so not many food options. But we found a Mexican Joint in the country called Las Palmas...they had Chipotle Tacos. Steak, pico, lettuce, shredded white cheese and a chipotle sauce to die for. Very impressed.

And the HS girls team ran a high post offense with a lot of swing action around the perimeter. Ball hardly hit the ground. They put up 74 points. It really can be that simple.

20. willisbrown

Money:
    $13,331
    Gotta go have turkey day lunch in the country at the GF's parent's house tomorrow...they don't drink. Like it's a first commandment sin don't drink. My family is nothing like that and I have never had to go to a third party's place that doesn't enjoy a few pops. Oy. 3 hours I've dedicated. Then it's back to our dinner which will have more booze than 21st Amendment. Tale of two lives/families tomorrow.

Gobble gobble.

BoyGeoff likes this.