Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,924
    Won a 3-game ML parlay tonight. Southern Illinois/Maryland/St. Mary’s.

Woohoo?

ButlerNut likes this.
  2. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,934
    Not sure if this is allowed, and feel free to delete Jared if not, but Butler's Club Hockey team has secured a corporate donor willing to match donations that they are hoping to use for equipment which is expensive. As an alum who helped establish the team way back when, this is naturally a pet project for me. I figure some of you might be interested in that it is the season to donate for taxes and whatnot and you can earn priority points for seating to boot. All you have to do is click the link below and designate it for "Club Hockey" in the pulldown and put "Matching Gift for Equipment" in the additional information/comments field.

https://impactapi.causeview.com/Thunder/Form/a3247359-02de-4622-9e0b-0fc80dec8ea5

The kicker is that for each donation over $100, you will be entered into a drawing for one of the team's blue jerseys. Anyhow, if anyone is looking to donate for a good cause before the end of the year, I know the guys would really appreciate it.

Attached Files:

2xDawg likes this.
  3. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,448
    Really liked the fact that Cathedral coach Delaney elected to bench Xavier Booker after he loped down the court on defense allowing an easy basket early in the 3rd quarter. Booker did not return as the Irish beat Homestead. BU and LJ may have missed the boat in regards to Comer. JMO

ConnersvilleBulldog likes this.
  4. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,124
    Seadawg, are you at the HOF Classic too?

Interesting watching Braeden Smith for Westfield. He’s a hell of a passer.

5. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,742
    Matt Painter was there is watch him along with Smith and Loyer. Bet Booker would like that moment back.

6. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $17,924
    If you’re a Rebels fan Willis, you’re probably happy, but Tennessee got absolutely ****ed by the refs in their bowl game. Gifted Purdue a W.

7. seadawg

Money:
    $9,448
    Westfield topped the Irish in the championship. Smith had wonderful game with a triple double and also added 9 steals. Comer shot it well and finished with 28, but Cathedral has some issues with in the team presently as some players simply did not play hard. Loads of talent though. Comer did play hard FWIW.

8. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,165
    I don't just hate TN, but I hate most of the humans I know that went there or that "pretend" to have gone there. I'd say my SEC hatred is in three categories:

Absolutely hate and want them all dead-LSU, MSU, Auburn
    Despise but not to the point of death-Bama, Tennessee, Florida, aTm, Arkansas
    I don't like but they're mostly irrelevant to my hatred-GA, Vandy, Kentucky, Mizzou, South Carolina

Who, soon enough, I know I'll surely hate-Texas.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  9. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $17,924
    I get it intellectually, but I HATE the bowl opt-outs. I love this, and you will too Willis.

5B0261CA-BFC4-43DC-9AFE-ABF4F045EE60.jpeg

Ster8462, #60, 2xDawg and 3 others like this.
  10. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,526
    To each their own but man is it refreshing to hear this.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  11. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,478
    Satisfying as a fan I guess. But also really irrational.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

12. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,993
    Smith almost had the mythical quintuple double . . . points (12), rebounds (10), assists (10) . . . 9 steals . . . and 7 turnovers.

The third quarter was amazing. Westfield increased its 7-point halftime lead to 25. Cathedral coach pulled most of his starters and the bench (led by two freshmen), along with Comer, made a remarkable comeback and took 15 points off the lead to bring it down to 10 before running out of gas. I can't remember exactly, but I think Westfield scored something like 29 points in the third quarter. Twenty-nine points in 8 minutes against a quality opponent is pretty incredible.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
    2xDawg and seadawg like this.
  13. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,599
    Purdue is getting a great one. He will step right in after Ivey goes pro. If Smith isn’t Mr. Basketball then they should quit giving the award.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

seadawg likes this.
  14. willisbrown

Money:
    $14,165
    F.............uck Notre Dame. Damn ass holes ruined my gambling win streak. I should know better.

15. gmoser1210

gmoser1210 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $514
    What about Ole Miss? Or am I just missing where you mentioned them?

16. willisbrown

Money:
    $14,165
    Heh...Ole Miss is my blood. Whole family not named willis is a graduate of the school (alive and dead). Grew up going to all football games and some bball games. Lived some in Oxford too.

17. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $17,924
    And Corral just went down with injury. We may never see another decent NFL prospect play a bowl game again.

Straight Jaylen Smith style.

znelson15 likes this.
  18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,643
    Marvin Harrison's kid is damn good.

19. seadawg

Money:
    $9,448
    Smith's game reminds me of a Billy Keller-Jack Moore hybrid.

20. seadawg

Money:
    $9,448
    BTW Purdue football opens the season in 2022 at home vs PSU.