Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,707
    Like to see the recognition. Well deserved.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,102
    Lofty on Michigan

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

bumba likes this.
  3. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,633
    Seeing the Dawgs in a lot of pollers’ Top 25s. They might actually crack it today.

4. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Active Member

Money:
    $310
    Not random thoughts....but random questions. Driving over Saturday morning from Dayton for the Florida game.

1) Is the I-70 traffic construction bottleneck on west bound gone coming towards Indy?

2) How long is the wait on Saturday morning at Patachou on Pennsylvania? Figures we'd grab brunch before the game.

Thanks for the help....Go Dawgs!!!!!

5. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,093
    Three AP voters that release their brackets on Sunday night all have Butler in the Top 25:
    Seth Davis - #23
    Sam Blum - #22
    Joe Buettner - #22

(Note: Butler was #29 last week and none of those 3 voters had Butler in their Top 25 last week.)

Also, Lunardi has Butler as a 5-seed in his most recent bracket.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    bumba, ButlerNut, Shimmy and 4 others like this.
  6. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,093
  7. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $303
    Insane Dawg and znelson15 like this.
  8. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,682
    1. Yes. Drove from Indy to Dayton and back this weekend. No troubles either way
    2. Should be less than 30 minutes unless you have a large party

iluvsnow likes this.
  9. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,209
    Florida not ranked, I can’t decide if they are really overstated or just haven’t clicked yet. I’m leaning toward haven’t clicked get and hoping the click doesn’t come dec 7

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,485
    They haven't clicked yet. They will be, maybe other than Baylor, the most talented team we will face arguably all season long. They're just choppy right now. With our luck White will have them hitting on all levels when they come to Hinkle. Blow us out by like 30.

I kid, kinda, but I've watched damn near all of their games. They definitely have not hit their stride.

dawgs2014 likes this.
  11. Gregory Roach

Gregory Roach Active Member

Money:
    $345
    Thus far, they appear to resemble the team we watched and defeated at the 2018 Battle for Atlantis. Hopefully that is still who they are on Pearl Harbor Day and not the @ Florida team we played in December of 2018. All this Florida talk is making the Florida PTSD return....but that was then and this Butler team is NOT the 2018/19 front court zombie team.

12. Bulldogs260

Money:
    $1,209
  13. Bulldogs260

Money:
    $1,209
    kmacker69 and troggy like this.
  14. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,241
    Hastings will dress tomorrow!

BoyGeoff, Mad_Dawg 48 and Insane Dawg like this.
  15. Josh Nichols

Josh Nichols Member

Money:
    $91
    I expect this team to be in the top 15 by the end of the month. LaVall and these players are on a mission.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  16. Brett

Brett Member

Money:
    $67
    Even though Butler is ranked in the top 25 in a number of polls this week, I would rather they were not. First, this will just give added incentive
    to Mississippi which was just humiliated by Oklahoma State as well as Florida (who was snubbed). I would prefer Butler flies under the radar this week. If they win both games this week,
    then I have no problem with them being ranked. I think that Oklahoma State and San Diego State (beat Creighton by about 20) should be in the top
    25 rather than Butler. This week will tell us a lot more. Go DAWGS!!!!!

17. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,707
    How in the h#ll can Ole Miss lose AT #16 Memphis by just 1 point, then lose (as a favorite) by 41 to Oklahoma State?

18. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,775
    I think they'll get better. But that said, the biggest issue - by far - is their outside shooting, which is just abysmal.

They've got three highly touted freshmen playing real minutes, and these 3 top 50 guys are in large part why the team came into the season with all the hype they had. It was fair to expect that at least one of them would be a capable shooter or at least a competent offensive player. Thus far, that's not the case - not at all. Scottie Lewis can really defend, but he's 4-17 from deep; Tre Mann is 3-14 from deep, Omar Payne is a big guy who doesn't attempt threes. Another freshman, Ques Glover, a PG, is getting minutes, and he's no better than the others, chucking at a 2-12 mark.

They've got one player - one - who's shooting threes at better than 33%.

This team can't shoot, and it's not good enough at anything else offensively to get away with it. The freshmen will get better, as freshmen tend to do. But it's unlikely they become shooters between now and March.

Tentozen likes this.
  19. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $649
    Those are fairly small sample sizes. Did any of these guys shoot it better in high school?

20. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Active Member

Money:
    $238
    I wonder if the NCAA has dedicated staff members that monitor unusual betting activity. Some of the early season basketball outcomes and scores are very low probability events.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops