Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,486
    This was a fun parlay to bet...

Jaguars ML
    Raiders/Chargers TIE

DK Parlay +21650

Hinkle and willisbrown like this.
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,039
    Bama at +3 looks insanely tasty. People arguing that GA will have more focus and and just wasn't dialed in a few weeks ago...it was still an sec championship game and they had the chance to send Saban away for the playoffs...someone who owns them. I'd say the motivation was just fine. Bama just whooped them. And I see that happening again. Surprised Vegas doesn't.

formz42 and estar20dawg like this.
  3. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,644
    Don’t underestimate the loss of John Metchie.

At the same time… the UGA front 7 is elite. And #17 is incredible. But their back 4 is absolutely putrid. All it takes is an elite QB to beat them, and Bama has that.

Second best QB UGA faced all season was probably PSU transfer Will Levis at Kentucky. Or maybe the Hooker kid at Tennessee.

4. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,283
    I agree with you. I think Bama is just better. If it’s close I think it’s going to come down to who has the better quarterback and I don’t think UGA stands a chance in that arena.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

5. dawgs2014

Money:
    $10,283
    I think the Michigan qb is better than either of those, but the overall talent discrepancy between the teams was LARGE. I also think one team played about as well as it could and the other…about as badly as it could.

6. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,248
    I think UGA's backup Qb is better than its starter. Unfortunately, he was injured most of the season. So he never got the reps to get in sync and prove it... Bama ML, easy money

Also, idk why it took me so long to find this account, but I love it:

7. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,039
    Like most things it comes down to who has the better QB and it's not really close. Stetson Bennett has been fine but Bryce Young he is not. GA front 7 is badass, no doubt. So, spread 'em out 4 wide and fire away downfield with a few runs mixed in. Last week you pounded Cincy on the ground...next week you go air assault. I also think Bama can get in Bennett's head easily and early. Saban over Smart, once again.

8. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,763
    Blah blah blah…donate or shut up. Blah blah blah. I have season tickets, have for years.

Semi-hot takes: Tear down the former International Lower School and build a basic ass $15M practice facility. Convert the West Gym to exclusively host WBB and Volleyball games. Get that crap out of the main gym.

Imagine being a top recruit and having the staff tell you if Hinkle is busy that you have to get shots up at the HRC, lol. What a joke.

BigHoss likes this.
  9. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,039
    Fiya tonight. I have had many giggles to your posts.

The girl had a tough game tonight and she and her mama are in day two bad moods...so this giggling is a plus.

And, you're not wrong. Unfortunately, it may be too late.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  10. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,039
    One more random thought...Godfather of Harlem is now on hulu. It's a solid watch if you are a history buff especially when it comes to the Civil Rights Movements of the late 50s and early-mid 60s. Follows Bumpy Johnson, The Italian crime families, Malcom X and other historical figures (plus the organized heroin trade in Harlem). If you've seen American Gangster...this is almost a prequel of that. I'm 9 eps in and have very much enjoyed it.

11. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $19,644
    LOL WHAT?!?! My God you’re dumb. Cade McNamara is absolutely horrible and won’t be starting next year for UM if Harbaugh has any sense. Michigan won games because of a great OL, two good backs, and two elite DL. McNamara is a game manager, and a ****ty one at that.

12. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,039
    If you love a good rumor, Harbaugh may not be the one making the decision. Word is he covets the Raider gig and has his people talking to their people. Also he could be a target of the Bears.

I think McNamara is a good qb. But there's a difference between good and great and a difference between great and elite. Their freshman stud, McCarthy will be their guy though going forward because he's simply better. Got his feet wet a little this season and has a super high ceiling. He's there guy if they want to compete with a team like GA.

Question is...who are the mighty rebels going to get to play qb or are they comfortable with the kid who backed up Corral all year? Fan base pretty divided there.

Back to Michigan, can McCarthy keep them on the field against OSU next year. That OSU offense is going to be super scary.

13. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,350
    They can have him. I'm done with the Harbaugh mystique bullshit...the fact is that he's a terrible college coach and it took superhuman feats by the team to even get to the playoffs.

On a different note, why can't we recruit talent like this? OK, fine, I get we won't get 5 stars overnight, but this is the talent level we need to be getting to be competitive in the BE.

14. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $19,644
    Ole Miss needs to promise a 1M+ NIL deal to Caleb Williams. Caleb would be dumb to ignore Kiffin. Kiffin is crazy, but he’s an excellent offensive mind, has coached in the NFL (what Caleb wants), and can point to Corral. It won’t happen, but it does make a lot of sense.

willisbrown likes this.
  15. dawgs2014

Money:
    $10,283
    I looked at stats comps and you’re right, Hooker is definitely better than McNamara.

Levis and McNamara are remarkably similar in y/a, qb rating and td/int.

McCarthy at Michigan may end up the starter next year; he was a top 25 nationally guy recruiting wise;the talent level is high and he’s definitely a better athlete. Michigan was clearly worse when he was in the game though, so a lot of improvement is needed before he overtakes McNamara.

16. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,763
    I think we both know why we can’t recruit those guys. Stars like the flash, Butler doesn’t offer that. Shooters like a well-run offense; we don’t offer that either. Honestly, what’s appealing about Butler right now? Other than LaVall seemingly being well liked by players?

17. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,350
    I know...and it's wistful thinking, but even the other doormats of the Big East ala DePaul and Georgetown can bring in athletic difference makers and the best we can do is Ty Groce? Meh...I think it's time for a change of philosophy at the old Alma Mater, this gritty bullshit is just that...I want athletes. I want players that will bleed for the team. I want more of Matt Howard and less of Jair Bolden who might break a nail if he tries to play anything other than Olé defense.

jkcdawgs and BoyGeoff like this.
  18. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,039
    NFL looking at moving the super bowl to Dallas from LA according to reports. Be interesting if they pull that trigger.

19. Ross Hall

Ross Hall Active Member

Money:
    $175

Curious why harbaugh is a terrible college coach? He’s won everywhere he has been. Has taken over bad situations at each stop, and made them into winners. Outside of Saban and Dabo, who would you say is drastically better?

2xDawg likes this.
  20. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $19,644
    Omg now I’ve seen it all. That is the hottest take yet.

Lincoln Riley. Jumbo Fisher. Brian Kelly. Luke Fickell. Matt Campbell. Ryan Day. And probably Lane Kiffin and Dave Aranda.