Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,557

Pacers just waived Key, presumably to sign 31 y/o Lance Stephenson for the rest of the season.

2. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,501
    Smart move short term. Lance has a following here. That 20-point consecutive streak in 1 quarter probably gets him a contract. Long term he’s a cancer, but short term he will sell a few seats. Sucks for Kelan, but he’s shown enough someone will pick him up… maybe even the Pacers.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,449
    The last time ND was in the playoff (2018), they were 13th Football Outsider’s F+ ratings. Michigan was 7th.

In 2019, Mich was 12 in F+. ND was 14.

In 2020, Mich was terrible (they also didn’t think they were having a season until very late, and they played just 6 games).

In 2021, Michigan was 4 in F+. ND was 9.

Michigan has been better at football than ND in recent years by the most objective measure. So I don’t know how anyone can be sure Kelly is a better coach.

(Also, in 2012 - the year of their title game appearance - ND was 11th. They should not have been in that game. A month after that Harbaugh lost the Super Bowl by just 3 points despite having an average quarterback.)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  4. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,802
    Well I’m sure at UM fans will sleep better at night knowing they ranked ahead of a playoff team in a metric most fans have never heard of and no one cares about.

If you head over to Ann Arbor, 10/10 fans would trade places with ND - they get the playoff spot and ND gets a hire ranking on some useless metric.

Tentozen likes this.
  5. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,449
    My bad - thought the argument was about the performance of the coaches/the quality of their teams and not how the fans felt.

6. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,399
    Straight salary saver move his contact gets guaranteed January 7th. Opens up 2.4 mil space

Sent from my SM-G986U using Butler Hoops mobile app

jkcdawgs likes this.
  7. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,631
    Just heard Taco Bell is selling wings rubbed in Doritos nacho cheese w a spicy ranch sauce for a limited time...

[​IMG]

willisbrown likes this.
  8. Ross Hall

Ross Hall Member

Money:
    $150
    7 years before harbaugh - Michigan won 46 games
    7 with harbaugh - 61 wins

Also the turnaround at Stanford was pretty damn impressive. From 1-11 to 12-1 in a couple years at a program with tough academic restrictions. Harbaugh isn’t the best, but he’s a pretty good coach.

I love talking about such important topics (sarcasm font).

2xDawg and NCJon like this.
  9. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $17,802
    I agree Harbaugh is a good coach. He’s just not better than the ones I listed, and that can include James Franklin (although when you get into actual football, Harbaugh > Franklin).

I don’t really care what he does… I’m fine if he stays at UM Bc they will continue to have no idea how to run a modern college offense, but if he goes, there’s also a great chance UM ****s it up and hires a Rich Rod or Hoke again. Either is fine by me.

znelson15 likes this.
  10. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,571
    I need harbaugh to suck bc northwestern idiots are justifying our 1995 offensive scheme by saying look at harbaugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

11. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,571
    I wonder if StubHub has anti money laundering guidelines in place. I bet they don’t. It would be a reasonable way to clean money though. Buy tickets cash, sell them on stub hub. Now you have an income source.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

12. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,501
    2xDawg, #60, NCJon and 3 others like this.
  13. jkcdawgs

Money:
    $2,557

It’s not only Houston. Is a $15M practice facility too much to ask for? A higher annual budget? Non-vinyl banners? A rowdy fan base? A coach with a plan? Real talent on the roster?

When will admins stop viewing the program as minor league?

14. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,868
    I want to bet the cowboys tomorrow night but their history in week 17....................errrrrrrrrrr 18 kinda sucks.

I think I'll take the over at 43. Unless the weather is just sucking.

15. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $17,802
  16. willisbrown

Money:
    $13,868
    Gambling is the mistress that reels you in just to chop your heart into pieces....yet you keep going back for more. Saying that.

I woke up this morning feeling uneasy so I had my first sunday in 4 months with no bets...seeing how things turned out, I'm thankful. Now, this coming weekend, I'm all in.

17. jkcdawgs

Money:
    $2,557
  18. willisbrown

Money:
    $13,868
    Bama. I'll ride and die on the Saban Hill. I just got it at +3.

Hope it's been a blast up there for the teams and fans so Indy can get another natty sometime soon. Such a great place for big events. Been proven over and over.

19. willisbrown

Money:
    $13,868
    Think Blue made a new friend and I suppose he's rooting for the other Dawgs tonight:

#60 and halftime_floor_sweeper like this.
  20. willisbrown

Money:
    $13,868
    Interesting prop bet tonight I'm gonna jump on-Brian Robinson over/under 20.5 yards receiving...I'm gonna play the over there. He's good out of the backfield and I don't know how much Bama will be able to run straight at GA's front 7. His rushing total is only O/U 64.5...damn that's tempting too. Shows a lot of respect for GA's defense.

Some other interesting player props. O/U for Young passing yards is 315...that's a lot against GA (but their defensive backfield isn't as strong as the front 7).

Think I'll take Zamir White for over 46 rushing yards.

estar20dawg likes this.