Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,707
    I don’t know. I did take a flyer in Bama ML +125 a couple weeks ago.

But back in October I put money on Georgia to win it all AND Bama to win it all. UGA was +175 and Bama was +150. So while I don’t win as much, by placing a bet of the same amount on each, the only way I could lose was for someone else to win it all. Lucky me when Auburn’s moron RB didn’t go down in bounds. That gave Bama the opening they needed. So either way tonight I’m a winner :)

Let’s see if UGA can cover Bama better without Metchie. If so, UGA wins. If not, Young torches them again and Bama wins.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  2. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,284
    I just can’t understand betting uga. If Alabama can run on uga it’s a blowout. If they can pass they likely win too.
    I don’t think Georgia can win in a blowout but I think Bama can.

So much more has to happen for uga to win than Bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

formz42 likes this.
  3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,116
    Here's a hint from uncle willis for you gamblers out there yet to wager...

76% of the money is in on GA. The line has barely moved. Fade the public people.

That's according to a book in Mississippi. Overall I think it's more central betting but that's the report down on the coast.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    formz42 and estar20dawg like this.
  4. formz42

formz42 New Member

Money:
    $24
    ALWAYS

5. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,150
    Even our mascot is undersized...

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

BoyGeoff, BUBBALUM and willisbrown like this.
  6. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,707
    Lol

7. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,116
    Welp. F me. You win some, you lose some. This was a hell of a game until the last few minutes. Then it was a beatdown. Congrats to Georgia and I'll make sure to stay indoors the next few days because...outside of State no fanbase is more annoying when they win. OK maybe LSU.

8. dawgs2014

Money:
    $10,284
    Like I said all along, can’t see any way Bama wins this.

9. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,983
    Losing Williams was just an absolute killer for Bama. They could afford to lose one of him and Metchie but not both.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

10. wazthree

wazthree Well-Known Member

If that is the case, very poor recruiting not to be stacked at WR, and should never be an excuse for Bama.

Williams wasn’t even good enough to start at tOSU. The Buckeyes had their top 2 WR sit out Rose bowl, what did the team do? Set receiving records.

tOSU won a championship with a 3rd string QB and Bama lost to a walk-on QB!

11. dawgs2014

Money:
    $10,284
    Williams will probably be the first wise receiver off the board in April. If losing him doesn’t hurt a team there’s no point in even playing the games.

2xDawg likes this.
  12. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,983
    They were playing probably one of the better college run defenses of all time and lost their top two wide receivers. That’s tough... and they still won the yards battle.

13. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,116
    I think there were three (maybe four) absolute dimes Young threw that the WRs dropped. They had plenty of speed and talent still but the stage was too big for the WRs mostly. A couple of those catches made (Metchie and Williams would have made them) Bama probably wins that game. But, it wasn't to be and GA made enough plays down the stretch.

14. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,311
    Yea the throw before the pick 6 where he dropped it perfectly, don't know what the WR was doing only got 1 hand up. guessing Williams and Metchie would have caught that ball and it would have been 1st and 10 from what the 25?

15. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,560
    It's almost as if missing a key component of your team negatively impacts the team's performance.

2xDawg, WestLoopDog and Tentozen like this.
  16. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,116
    It was deeper than that...I think inside the 15 maybe.

The other really bad one that sticks out is the throw to 84 I believe late in the third quarter. Hit dude right in the hands (an amazing throw) and he dropped it. Would have been inside the 15 also.

Hinkle likes this.
  17. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,983
    Would’ve been at the 8.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

18. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,116
    For a bama bettor...those drops were insanely frustrating. Young mostly put the ball where it needed to be. Sigh. Oh well...on to the nfl playoffs.

Hinkle likes this.
  19. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,116
    I don't know if this is considered "cutting the chord" but my xfinity went caput while I was in Orlando and twice now a technician has canceled on appointments. So, I went back to my old friends at directv and although dishes are not allowed per our HOA bi-laws...at&t+directv now have an internet+streaming service and it's gonna roll me about $50 less than the dog crap I was paying xfinity for these last couple years. Dude is here installing it now...I hope it's awesome and works. Any of y'all have this service?

2xDawg likes this.
  20. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,417
    Strongly recommend YouTube TV if you go that route. Can’t speak to direct tv streaming